You might be an Idiot

I got this in an email today and thought it was funny and true at the same time. I know we have hashed out all of this and I am not posting this for anything else but your enjoyment not to fan the flames.

GBR

For anyone who has grown tired of the arrogance from our football program and our administration.

For anyone who has grown tired of hearing how brilliant our coaching staff is.

I call this top ten list, "you might be an idiot if..."

10) You think having an eight pound playbook makes you brilliant when USC can beat you with one play!

9) You think 80,000 boo's were meant for someone other than you.

8) You turn away 50 walk on players a year that are willing to give you their blood and guts because having that many people around would be annoying to you.

7) It takes two years for your players to understand your system, but it only takes the opposing team a week of preparation to figure it out.

6) You inherit a top ten defense with 9 returning starters and turn it into a top 100 defense, and your excuse is that the talent level is so bare.

(Barrett, Ruud, Fabian Washington, Daniel Bullocks, Josh Bullocks, Scott

Shanle, to name a few

have had pretty good NFL careers but there talent level wasn't good enough for these guys to win with).

5) You give up 610 yards of offense to Ball State and your thoughts are, "the defense really came up big for us at times" and "there are a lot of

positives we can take from this win".

4) You give a mediocre coach a contract extension because you are so impressed with a win over Nevada.

3) If you don't think Ohio U would kick our ass right now.

2) It takes you two years to figure out that when you send 5 guys in motion (and the opposing defense doesn't move) that you are not tricking anyone - you are just wearing out your own team.

1) You hold a fund raising event and the first guy on your guest list IS NOT the "best coach to ever coach college football" that still lives in your

same town!!!!!

I thought is was funny regardless of your viewpoint.

#3 will always come up but it really is no big argument. Devaney, TO and Solich are the past regime and don't need to be brought up to make Cally and Coz look worse. They manage to do just fine on their own. It is a good argument against PUD who fired a coach without having a good plan to replace him. But it has nothing to do with Cally.

#2 is funny. The thing about the motion in a WCO is that the defenses in college don't adjust. They keep their defensive call unless there is a specific offensive adjustment. Most defenses NEVER adjust, like the do in the NFL. So motion and complex audibles are meant for the NFL game. Motion in college should only be for the offense to read coverages. The NFL is the offense does motion, the defense adjust and then the offense considers an audible based on the defensive layout..WCO motion is almost useless in college. Just get motion to read the defense and then run the play.