New HuskerBoard Rule

I Bleed RED

I am not sure where this thread belongs but can we get the MODs to add to the rules:

*You cannot act like a 7th grade English teacher and go around correcting grammar and spelling if that is the only topic to your post*

It's bad enough when some members only insult someone as their post but this is a blog and chat room and errors are expected.

According to McMurry (a large marketing and advertising firm in the US) when a person adds comments to a blog the comments are NOT corrected for grammatical or spelling errors. The only editing is done for inflammatory comments. It is not expected for the comments to be done with perfect grammar because of the nature of Internet chat room behaviors and acronyms.

I think some of the members who only want to insult others and miss the point of the actual topic at hand.

Do I have any supporters of this new rule being added? It's distracting, annoying and insulting to others and I feel it doesn't add value to the board.

I am not sure where this thread belongs but can we get the MODs to add to the rules:

*You cannot act like a 7th grade English teacher and go around correcting grammar and spelling if that is the only topic to your post*

It's bad enough when some members only insult someone as their post but this is a blog and chat room and errors are expected.

According to McMurry (a large marketing and advertising firm in the US) when a person adds comments to a blog the comments are NOT corrected for grammatical or spelling errors. The only editing is done for inflammatory comments. It is not expected for the comments to be done with perfect grammar because of the nature of Internet chat room behaviors and acronyms.

I think some of the members who only want to insult others and miss the point of the actual topic at hand.

Do I have any supporters of this new rule being added? It's distracting, annoying and insulting to others and I feel it doesn't add value to the board.

Ha, you're referring directly to me. Very subtle. :sarcasm

And usually, I don't care about someone's bad grammar on a message board. And in the recent case where I corrected the grammar of an Iowa State troll, it was because he came onto this board with the sole intent to talk trash and annoy us. I'll correct his grammar, just to get in his face.

Also, if you would have even READ beyond the grammar corrections I made, you would have seen that I talked more about the upcoming football game than about his grammar mistakes.

So shove it. :)

EDIT: Have you ever seen me attack the grammar of a member of this board who contributes positively and intelligently? No.

And usually, I don't care about someone's bad grammar on a message board. And in the recent case where I corrected the grammar of an Iowa State troll, it was because he came onto this board with the sole intent to talk trash and annoy us. I'll correct his grammar, just to get in his face.

Also, if you would have even READ beyond the grammar corrections I made, you would have seen that I talked more about the upcoming football game than about his grammar mistakes.

EDIT: Have you ever seen me attack the grammar of a member of this board who contributes positively and intelligently? No.

Don';t tell someone to shove it.....warning

Moving to the Board Feedback fourm. Suggestions concerning the Board need to be posted in that forum.

I don't mind being corrected...In fact, please do.

If that's the thing that jumps out at you to just correct my bad grammer, must either mean you pretty much agree with my thoughts, or find it too hard to follow what my thought is because "wurds aren't my friends".

Just because this isn't being seen by your teacher, isn't enough reason to slip into sloppy habbits. You play how you practce.

It's amazing how easy it is to dismiss someone just because they don't write guud..(You naturally assume they're borderline illiterate, and have little respect for their intellegence).

Posts from these "kids" that are used to texting are a different challenge..They slow me down while I try to decipher their shorthand, but probably are the beginning of a new language that I better practice decoding any chance I get.

Think of it as them just caring and trying to make you a better person.

There's a lecture series ("The last lecture of Randy Pausch") I saw on some news-show (20/20?) last night about this nerdy dying professor that's been developing virtual reality

4HqdnjgkExY

and in one of the segments he talks about his football experience.

His coach was riding him really hard and at the end of the practice, the assistant coach pulled him aside and consoled him by saying something like, "If the HC didn't bother riding your ass, it would mean he already gave up on you".

I just hope all these mispellings/bad grammer wont be a bad influence on me and I'll find myself forgetting to use the word "ANYWAY" when 90% of everyone I come into contact with say, "ANYWAYS" :nutz

So it's not a problem as long as they agree with you? Nice double standard.

With that said, some of you reeeeaaaally could use a remedial course in spelling and grammar.

It wasn't meant for you at all. I said only people who correct grammar and have nothing else to say. I don't even know what post your talking about.

Relax....do you have a complex or something???