Big 12 North

nepolo7

Yep. Let's hope it means the South isn't as strong as everybody thought, and not that the North is just that strong.

If it means the North is that strong, we may be in for some trouble.

In any case, I don't see the Huskers really having a problem with Ok St or A&M. If Texas plays like they did today, we should win just like K-State did today.

Thing is if we roll the North like we did last year and win against the overrated South we could be a top 5 team going to a BCS game for the first time in quite a while.

I haven't seen anything from any of the North teams that scares me THAT much. Yes teams have looked good, but they've also looked really bad as well, as have we. Missou hasn't played anyone of substance, CU beat OU but lost to a weak FSU team and got rolled by ASU. K-State is the same K-State as last year and Texas is simply worse. KU is the hardest team on the schedule right now IMO. If the D continues to get better and the Offense does what it is capable of and protects the rock we could still have a great year.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 29 2007, 06:43 PM) 227300[/snapback]

We could finish 5th.

You really think we have no hope of finishing higher than 5th?

You have got to be trolling.

It's not trolling; it's an opinion, and not an outrageous one.

KSU and Colorado are clearly improved.

Mizzou and Kansas can seemingly score at will.

I think Mizzou is going to destroy us next week. I think we'll lose in Lawrence. KSU obviously won't come in here intimidated; they beat UT in Texas and outplayed Auburn on the road. And Colorado looks a whole lot tougher.

Fact remains, that unless this defense miraculously gets better, and unless we start running the ball with consistency, we could very well lose to each of those teams.

Shoot, given the state of the Pinkshirts right now, I'd be happy if we split those four games.

Not to put words in Bugeater's mouth, but I think it would be fair to say that I would be hard pressed to predict which way our remaining games will go.

Given our erratic play, and the outcomes of other games (OU and TX for example) we could lose them all or win them all. The reality is more likely somewhere in between, but nothing can be taken for granted. I wouldn't count us out of any game but I wouldn't count anyone else out either.

Not to put words in Bugeater's mouth, but I think it would be fair to say that I would be hard pressed to predict which way our remaining games will go.

Given our erratic play, and the outcomes of other games (OU and TX for example) we could lose them all or win them all. The reality is more likely somewhere in between, but nothing can be taken for granted. I wouldn't count us out of any game but I wouldn't count anyone else out either.

I agree, the rest of our season is iffy. Our defense is already banged up after one conference game.

Great post

Agreed. And that will make this season really exciting. every game should be contested closely (I hope --- unless NU wins in a blowout). It does seem that we should expect about .500 from here on out. Every game should be fun.