"We will not surrender"

kramer

However, I don't ever remember being embarrassed nearly as much in one season as we have this year. 

How many times did the goalposts come down in 2002? Losing record against D-1 teams. Had to play 14 count them 14 times to get 7 wins. That season was probably a little more embarrassing. IMO

I totally agree. I am willing to give Callahan a chance to get his offense going. If after a couple of years, it is not working and showing no signs of life, then yes it would be time to find a replacement, but not after nine games when we have a winning record.

However, I don't ever remember being embarrassed nearly as much in one season as we have this year. 

How many times did the goalposts come down in 2002? Losing record against D-1 teams. Had to play 14 count them 14 times to get 7 wins. That season was probably a little more embarrassing. IMO

I totally agree. I am willing to give Callahan a chance to get his offense going. If after a couple of years, it is not working and showing no signs of life, then yes it would be time to find a replacement, but not after nine games when we have a winning record.

I agree with Gamecocks about agreeing with someone else. Firing Callahan would take 2 steps backwards, and completely defeat the entire purpose of the "cleansing" that just went on, and make it all that much more futile. Not to mention it would go completely against everything most of you are pissed about :steam ... so in a way most of you are being hypocrits by saying "you suck for firing Solich after only 5 yrs and a 9-3 season... now go fire Callahan, he's not undefeated and already had half a yr to prove himself!!" :o

I don't think we will win it next year. Stoops had a six win season his first year and Callahan has an opportunity to have a six win season as well. Looks about the same at this point to me.

We had 10 wins last year with alot of talent back. He had 3 or 4 wins before he joined and showed dramatic improvement as the year went along. We are far from showing dramatic improvement. We are getting worse. Are you blinded by your love for bill callahan or something? I use to respect your opinion but it is falling off a cliff.

I'd be willing to bet with about any other coach we would have a hell of a record this year. Atleast a good record. Not a terrible record with wins against terrible teams. It's embarrassing. We are the laughing stock of college football. I don't see callahan ever leading us to any kind of titles.

I don't think we will win it next year. Stoops had a six win season his first year and Callahan has an opportunity to have a six win season as well. Looks about the same at this point to me.

We had 10 wins last year with alot of talent back. He had 3 or 4 wins before he joined and showed dramatic improvement as the year went along. We are far from showing dramatic improvement. We are getting worse. Are you blinded by your love for bill callahan or something? I use to respect your opinion but it is falling off a cliff.

Well, Nebraska lost its best player last season in Demorrio Williams. That guy was a legitimate playmaker. T.J. Hollowell was a good linebacker. Ryan Bingham was a good Defensive Tackle. Trevor Johnson was a good defensive end. Kyle Larsen always gave the defense great position to work with. That's 4 big time players lost on defense and a punter who was probably the best to come through Lincoln, don't even try to say that the cupboard isn't kinda empty.

I'd be willing to bet with about any other coach we would have a hell of a record this year. Atleast a good record. Not a terrible record with wins against terrible teams. It's embarrassing. We are the laughing stock of college football. I don't see callahan ever leading us to any kind of titles.

the Big 12 North is the laughingstock of college football, Benard. The conference is making all the writers look like idiots for picking 2 teams as top 25, and NU at 26. Writers don't like to be made to look like idiots, they usually don't need any help. Just look at that bumbling mess that is Tom Shatel.

2002 was a hard year, but I don't consider it nearly as embarassing as this year. Yes, we got embarassed by Penn State and K-State. Both very solid teams that year. We collapsed in the second half against maybe the best Iowa State team in 20 years. But the other 4 losses were not embarassments. They were to good/great teams and they were all close.

We got our backsides totally handed to us by Texas Tech this year. We lost at home to an non-major conference team. You know the last time that happened? 1968!!! And S. Miss wasn't even ranked. Then we get dominated by the worst Kansas State team in recent memory and give up 30+ to the worst offense in the league. That's embarassing. In 2002 the team kept fighting and was right there to win 4 more games. In the process we still rolled over the bottom-feeders. Now there are no givens on the schedule. That's embarassing.

Not to mention it would go completely against everything most of you are pissed about :steam ... so in a way most of you are being hypocrits by saying "you suck for firing Solich after only 5 yrs and a 9-3 season... now go fire Callahan, he's not undefeated and already had half a yr to prove himself!!" :o

I would agree if the tradition of loyalty was still in place. But Pedersen kicked that out the door with Solich. I was loyal to Osbourne and Solich through thick and thin. I never once called for either of their jobs. On the contrary, I thought all the letters written in to the papers after every big loss to Oklahoma were a bunch of crap. But you can't throw out all that tradition and loyalty in the classless way that Pedersen did last year and then expect patience. They sent a message: winning is everything. The way he ripped the heart out of the program, I feel know obligation to show patience to Pedersen or any of his hires.

2002 was a hard year, but I don't consider it nearly as embarassing as this year. Yes, we got embarassed by Penn State and K-State. Both very solid teams that year. We collapsed in the second half against maybe the best Iowa State team in 20 years. But the other 4 losses were not embarassments. They were to good/great teams and they were all close.

We got our backsides totally handed to us by Texas Tech this year. We lost at home to an non-major conference team. You know the last time that happened? 1968!!! And S. Miss wasn't even ranked. Then we get dominated by the worst Kansas State team in recent memory and give up 30+ to the worst offense in the league. That's embarassing. In 2002 the team kept fighting and was right there to win 4 more games. In the process we still rolled over the bottom-feeders. Now there are no givens on the schedule. That's embarassing.

Ole Miss a great team? Colorado a great team? I think you are giving a 7-7 Iowa State team to much credit and this year not enough. Oklahoma State was a great team? What games were they still fighting in besides Texas? Mike Stuntz played against ISU. Richie was fighting against PSU. Did you listen or see any of the game from Saturday? It didn't sound like they ever stopped fighting for that one. The only reason you guys except that season now is because they were still running the option. I'm sure you jokers were calling for the Great Frank Solichs job. Fickle Fickle people.

Well, Nebraska lost its best player last season in Demorrio Williams. That guy was a legitimate playmaker. T.J. Hollowell was a good linebacker. Ryan Bingham was a good Defensive Tackle. Trevor Johnson was a good defensive end. Kyle Larsen always gave the defense great position to work with. That's 4 big time players lost on defense and a punter who was probably the best to come through Lincoln, don't even try to say that the cupboard isn't kinda empty.

We lose our 2 linebackers and thats it imo. AT defensive tackle we had 2 guys that played alot and our suppose to be good, bingham was good but nothing outstanding outstanding. The same goes with johnson. He was ok but nothing great. Koch is doing a good job as back up to larsen so no bigggie there. If callahan would play cooper and wali at linebacker then we would have some good linebackers but instead he plays slow guys.