OK State game not on TV

It is amazing how NU football has gone from forefront to forgotten so rapidly.

I don't know if I would call 7-9 years "rapidly".

Dave:

I think that were you to ask the national press or ask people outside of Nebraska (and their faithful fans) when it was that NU became irrelevant, most would say that NU died in 2004. That would be 7 years and you are right, perhaps that is not so fast. It was however, quite the fall. Most teams that step out of the limelight do not go from dynasty to afterthought --- in seven years.

Yet, I stand corrected, seven years is not that fast.

What is killing us is the loss of face after USC/Ball State. Nobody wants to televise us after that, especially after Colorado and K-State made statements last week against OU/Texas. We might have to face the fact most of our games will be PPV or untelevised the rest of the season, unless we start winning convincingly (and beat Texas).

In this day and age, you should be able to see any game that you want on television. The technology is available to make broadcasting the games pretty inexpensive, and a PPV pulls in plenty of dough for FSN or whoever runs it that week. If they can show so many of the 30 MLB teams 162 games (a total of 4860) in 6-7 months, then they can show 119 NCAA teams 14 games (total of 1666) in 4 months. (This is an over-simplifaction, but it can be done) They can do like the MLB and stream away games on the internet if they have to! I'd be willing to pay quite a bit for the games not on network. Heck, just have one camera angle at the game, and no playbyplay, I'll gladly tune into huskers.com or my local radio broadcast to listen to playbyplay. The Big XII needs to get with the times - make a deal like the SEC or Pac-10 and GET ON TV!

WHY SHOULD WE BE ON TV? WHY? Seriously, is it because we are Nebraska? Yes, Colorado-KState was thrown in there last second and rightfully so. OK State isn't that great, we're not that great. So tune in to Rosie and enjoy!

Carefull, you are slipping to the darkside. Enjoy your games and if you really don't want to see it, then you can always listen to it on the Inet or radio. I hope you are not a Husker fan that doesn't care if he sees the games or not. :dunno:dunno

I heard the new Big XII commissioner on 810 WHB sports talk out of KC a couple of weeks ago and there is serious consideration to us modeling the Big 10's new television division that will be broadcasting ALL Big 10 games in their market area.

I also read between the lines that we'll take a wait and see to see how their model works and learn from any mistakes.