chamrocck

Player: Michael Thomas

Hometown: Houston, TX

Position: ATH

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa State, Stanford, Northwestern, Penn State, Boise State, Rice

Favorites: Stanford, Northwestern

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Versatile prospect has played QB/RB/WR/CB.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% We need to overcome his leaders. Scout link here talks about being impressed with Nebraska and his view of NU as a prestigious program. Article also mentions that we may be looking at him as a WR.

I still maintain that football players are not getting close to the academic experience at Stanford that their typical students are.

In that sense, I really don't think there is much of an academic difference in Stanford and Nebraska, from a player's standpoint.

you are kidding, right?

No. I mean, when you have to devote so much of your time to football, you're not getting the same education that the non-Division I athletes who are just students are getting. And if you really want a good education while being a Division I football player, then you can get a good education at Nebraska as well as at Stanford.

In terms of student quality alone, yes, Stanford attracts top students. But look at the Scout link on him:

He reports a 3.4 core GPA and a 950 SAT, which he is retaking in October. "Stanford told me they'd like me to get at least a 1200 on the SAT."

A 3.4 core GPA is incredibly low in the Stanford pool, and a 950 SAT is absolutely unheard of. It's below the national average, in fact, and he's going to one of the top schools in the nation, a school where those well above the 99th percentile in standardized test scores routinely get rejected? They lower their academic standards for athletes, and that's a fact. Granted, the SAT is not the be-all, end-all of deterministic student evaluations, but a 1200 is still really, really unspectacular in the Stanford pool.

No. I mean, when you have to devote so much of your time to football, you're not getting the same education that the non-Division I athletes who are just students are getting. And if you really want a good education while being a Division I football player, then you can get a good education at Nebraska as well as at Stanford.

In terms of student quality alone, yes, Stanford attracts top students. But look at the Scout link on him:

He reports a 3.4 core GPA and a 950 SAT, which he is retaking in October. "Stanford told me they'd like me to get at least a 1200 on the SAT."

A 3.4 core GPA is incredibly low in the Stanford pool, and a 950 SAT is absolutely unheard of. It's below the national average, in fact, and he's going to one of the top schools in the nation, a school where those well above the 99th percentile in standardized test scores routinely get rejected? They lower their academic standards for athletes, and that's a fact. Granted, the SAT is not the be-all, end-all of deterministic student evaluations, but a 1200 is still really, really unspectacular in the Stanford pool.

Let's not talk about SAT's is giving me flashbacks!!!! :ahhhhhhhh

• 2 months later...