A stat for all you Pelini lovers

DJR313

2003 defense stats compared to 2004 defensive stats

'03 Ok St.- 161 yards, 9 pts '04 Ok St.- 357 yards, 35 pts.

'03 A&M- 54 yards, 0 pts. '04 A&M- 489 yards, 35 pts.

'03 Texas Tech- 359 yards, 25 pts. '04 TT- 425 yards, 13 pts.

How come Pelini is a defensive genius when the Oklahoma yards per game yielded has gone from 259 to 300 from last season to this season?

How come Pelini is a defensive genius when the Oklahoma yards per game yielded has gone from 259 to 300 from last season to this season?

AAAHhhhhhhhhh well done, DJR313. You have to admit though that all those teams are much better, but are they as good as those stats would make them out to be?

Bottom line is they are Undefeated though!!!

Dont forget he is just Co Coordinator.

Oh so now yardage and points allowed don't matter? Tell that to all your buddies then.

So they are undefeated. Don't change the subject. You are now measuring defensive performance by the fact that their offense can score more than the other team. BS.

I think that Bo is a good coach. Great, No. But good, yes. Part of his success last year might have been due to the fact that no one knew exactly what his schemes and philosophy was. As teams are getting to watch more and more of his game tapes and start to pick up his tendancies, the other teams will start to come up with plays to exploit his weaknesses in certain situations. If Bo, starts to pick up on this and becomes unpredictable while having the same success, then he will become a great coach. But not until then.

You make a good point gamecocks, I think teams didn't know what to expect with what he was doing, he got figured out, and the good teams whooped Nebraska. and as far as the stats go, I think Ok St. and Texas Tech are about the same as last year and A&M is better. Someone made a point about Nebraska's yardage allowed being more this season than last without Pelini, and I made the point that Oklahoma's yardage allowed is higher WITH Pelini, but sadly the post got deleted on accident. Sooners are undefeated, but they have looked very beatable the last two weeks. Who knows, the Huskers might be able to sneak one past 'em.

NIce stat gathering sadly your looking at the wrong team. Pelini leaves and Nebraskas Defense goes to compleate and total crap... If you by some strange reason like Cosgrove and Callahan then you must like to loose because that is all that they seem to know how to do.. But they at least loose well.. :steam

NIce stat gathering sadly your looking at the wrong team. Pelini leaves and Nebraskas Defense goes to compleate and total crap... If you by some strange reason like Cosgrove and Callahan then you must like to loose because that is all that they seem to know how to do.. But they at least loose well.. :steam

I agree totally. I know Frank lost to Iowa State once, too...but at least they were an ok team when he lost to them.

I think this is in away funny, Solich is fired beacuse they say he cannot win the big games... Callahan comes in and cannot win period, Pelini leaves and some retard named Cosgrove comes in last year good D this year one of the worst in NCAA...

Callahan says pass is key, congrats callahan Nebraska is Numero Uno in ncaa in interceptions, Iowa state was getting ate up by the run so what does Callahan do in his worthless coaching Offense ( WCO ) he passes 40 + times....

Cosgrove on D well im not really sure that he knew where he was at let alone what game he was coaching....

All I keep hearing from everyone is wait till he gets his recruits in, then you will see what the WCO can do, well I have seen what Callahan Coaching can do, so far from the end of last year to current Callahan has won 9 and lost 16 thats bloody amazing, say what you will about Pelini last year Nebraska had a D, with basically the same players this year nebraska is getting man handled thats all there is to it. :steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

I think that Bo is a good coach. Great, No. But good, yes. Part of his success last year might have been due to the fact that no one knew exactly what his schemes and philosophy was. As teams are getting to watch more and more of his game tapes and start to pick up his tendancies, the other teams will start to come up with plays to exploit his weaknesses in certain situations. If Bo, starts to pick up on this and becomes unpredictable while having the same success, then he will become a great coach. But not until then.

He's a great coach. Twice the coach of callahan. The bowl game shows that.

He's a great coach. Twice the coach of callahan. The bowl game shows that.

Your going to judge him on one game. Hell Callahan had one good game.

You make a good point gamecocks, I think teams didn't know what to expect with what he was doing, he got figured out, and the good teams whooped Nebraska. and as far as the stats go, I think Ok St. and Texas Tech are about the same as last year and A&M is better. Someone made a point about Nebraska's yardage allowed being more this season than last without Pelini, and I made the point that Oklahoma's yardage allowed is higher WITH Pelini, but sadly the post got deleted on accident. Sooners are undefeated, but they have looked very beatable the last two weeks. Who knows, the Huskers might be able to sneak one past 'em.

I think Texas Tech is much improved over the last couple years. They have something resembling a defense over there.

'03 Ok St.- 161 yards, 9 pts  '04 Ok St.- 357 yards, 35 pts.

'03 A&M- 54 yards, 0 pts.      '04 A&M- 489 yards, 35 pts.

'03 Texas Tech- 359 yards, 25 pts.  '04 TT- 425 yards, 13 pts.

check out my post on Cosgrove stats, it puts things into perspective. Oh, and its LOSE. L-O-S-E, there is only one O. You want a Webster's dictionary for Christmas?

check out my post on Cosgrove stats, it puts things into perspective.  Oh, and its LOSE.  L-O-S-E, there is only one O.  You want a Webster's dictionary for Christmas?

Who would know how to spell lose better than a Callahan apologist? We all appreciate the clarification. :)

I checked out your Cosgrove post...I'm glad you're at least beginning to see the light about him. Although I don't know why it took those stats to convince you that he's a complete idiot. Like it has been said numerous times, all you have to do is compare the intensity of the defense this year with last. Essentially the same players. I know Williams is gone, but the secondary is the same, arguably faster without Ricketts.