I'm saying it for the first time

I'm not ready to throw Cally under the bus yet but the leash is getting shorter. We are 4-2 and I think we will be 2-4 the rest of the way finishing at 6-6. With a better defense this is a 8 or 9 win team. To me the defense looks to be the main problem and we must fix that. I think Coz will and should take the fall. Elmassian needs to definitely go also. We are getting humiliated on national TV every month. When you can't stop the opponent your whole team is demoralized. Converesly, when your defense is pummeling the opponent and getting after it, the offense follows suit with good field position and motivation. Whoever comes in to take over the defense must be a big time hire and motivator and have a passion to restoring the Blackshirts. I have seen persons throwing around former players and maybe we should get a big time hire and have that hire embrace bringing in former players as assistants. I think Cally can continue to succeed with the offense but still needs to adapt better to the college game. I think he needs to at times simplify things and let the players succeed with their own talent and instincts.

It is a real shame (and probably somewhat of a surprise) to the staff and players that we are so lacking on defense. There has been a real focus during Callahan's tenure on the offense and how it first changed and now how it is evolving and progressing. I think the oversight was that once the offense was fixed and all the pieces were in place, then we'd be knocking on the BCS door again. No one ever really checked up on what the defense was doing and assumed they would progress and just show up for the ride as our offense would be the difference. Well, that was a big oversight...we can't expect to go on the road and win games or beat ranked opponents with offense alone...not when our defense is one of the worst in the country. My point is that I don't think Cally will ever fall down immensely on the offensive side of the ball...I trust him there for the most part. But, I think he let his buddy Coz have to much freedom with the defense and now Coz is in over his head, Cally is taking heat, and ultimately Coz will have to take the fall. The next D-Coordinator will be one that certainly has his s%&! together, no doubt.

All due respect, chamrocck, but do you honestly think the offense is in good shape?

Ill say it too! I have defended Callahan and Pederson for the entire ride. Now, I say look for replacements now. At the end of the last game this year they all pack there sh#t and hit the road. If we loose recruits.... what the hell, it really doesn't seem to matter. Cut out the cancer and at least bring back the feeling of being a husker. The way it is now, we can't even get the financial supoorters to donate money. Clean house and get it over with, we aren't going to do any worse. We've lost all of our records and the next is the sell outs. I wonder what it feels like to be the worst Husker Coach in anyones memory. There are few and FAR between that are even still alive that have seen such a complete embarrasment.

I work with a guy that remembers the Bill Jenning era. He's says this staff is just as bad as that one.

I think that the problem is with defense there was little but no improvement against iowa st for who put up nearly 500 yards on them. And now tonight they get embarassed and basically shut out! on national tv is this what its going to take to get something or anything done i dought it. But DAM TO HOLY HELL this just isnt right. If hear that defense is still wearing their blackshirts on monday then there is really something wrong with these guys. Now the offense tonight? Yeah in know that they laid a big fat egg but the past couple of weeks they put enough points to get the job done, and it was just a matter of time before one of wheels fell off and tonight was that night.

I put it down in the game thread. I cant defend it anymore. This is beyond an embarassment. The post game talk show, no emotion, no nothing. Stanford beats USC at home with lesser players who wanted it more. I dont see any want on the team.

The thing now is, this is year 4. These are his players, his system. This is not acceptable. This is not ISU.

I think that the problem is with defense there was little but no improvement against iowa st for who put up nearly 500 yards on them. And now tonight they get embarassed and basically shut out! on national tv is this what its going to take to get something or anything done i dought it. But DAM TO HOLY HELL this just isnt right. If hear that defense is still wearing their blackshirts on monday then there is really something wrong with these guys. Now the offense tonight? Yeah in know that they laid a big fat egg but the past couple of weeks they put enough points to get the job done, and it was just a matter of time before one of wheels fell off and tonight was that night.

Agreed. you can't expect the O to carry the team by themselves forever.

The head coach is responsible of all facets of his program. That is why he is the head coach. Poor coaching is evident, you want to give him two more years? Your more generous than I am. Al Davis knows a dud when he sees one and so do I. The entire Raider nation knows what we are learning. He raped our program and we are paying the price. We will probably not win another game this year, time will tell but I don't see one game that I believe a Callahan coached team could win. That is the realilty of where we are.

It's more than just the defense. It's the attitude surrounding the team. No passion. No emotion. No anger. Nothing.

And that's BC's fault. Can his sorry ass now.

This is the first time, since the Texas Tech game of 70-10, that I have actually felt sick to my stomach. No, my nausea had nothing to do with alcohol. I've never been so ashamed of a NE performance. At least, in 2003, we weren't supposed to be that good, nor did we have BC's talent.

This is Callahan's 4th year. This is his 3rd year of recruits. This guy (Callahan) is making serious bank, all while running our football team into the ground. If there is one person that can argue that Nebraska not scoring a touchdown is justified; I'm all ears.

I want to like BC, but my god...

I'm afraid it's time folks. People need to be held accountable for their actions -- STEVE PEDERSON. "I refuse to let this program gravitate into mediocrity" - Steve Pederson.

Welcome to real life, Steve. You want this hot-air machine? You carry it. (Spaceballs)

I'm dead serious. Steve Pederson better not sleep at all, let alone anyone in the state of Nebraska.

There is, literally, no excuse for how our ENTIRE football team played tonight. I still love Sam Keller, the only person (and we had to import him, and maybe Bowman) that seems to have fire.

I know that people are going to come in an say, "There are still a lot of games to be played."

Sunshine pumping is over. It should be.

I can not, honestly think of a way to defend our team.

All due respect, chamrocck, but do you honestly think the offense is in good shape?

I'll say the offense is getting there. We had Zac Taylor as Big 12 Offensive Player Of The Year. I thought BJax jumped into NFL a year early...he and Lucky could have been a great tandem this year. Keller is NFL bound. WR's need some work but Mo has shined at times. I like some of the new players on offense like Castille and Paul. We have great recruits on offense with Gabbert, Gray, Woods, and the O-Line recruits.

On defense, while getting some better recruits I have not seen the high caliber of recruit...lots of Juco's...may start to get better with some of the LB's we have coming in for '08. Play has translated on field as follows...Callahan has used the offensive players he's brought in with some success...I give offense a B. On other hand, we have not seen the same with play on the field from the defense...and I give it a F...so I'll start with the defense and say that is where the problem lies. Don't think cleaning entire house at this time is going to necessarily be the solution. Again, this is so frustrating because I think many of us know we have shown ability to play amongst the best at times on offense (not there yet but getting there)...the problem is our defense is in complete and utter meltdown mode...and I don't think anyone realized how bad we were on the defensive side of the ball.

It's the first time for me, too. I don't want him taken out, though, until I have an idea who's going to replace him. I know everyone's down on the option, but I'd take losing while still looking like a Nebraska team than losing and looking like a freakshow experiment of dragging pro skills into amateur players.

Bro, please change you Pennywise avatar. It's been giving me the creeps for days.

Crazy Joe Divola: "Are you still scared of clowns?"

Kramer: "Yeaahhhhhhh."

Well, at least he's bringing in athletes, so if he does go, maybe the next coach can do what Stoops did with Blake's players at Oklahoma.

Or Urban Meyer did with Ron Zook's players at FLA.

What I want to know, with this contract we have with Callahan...Is there anything in it that says we can't "promote" him to Recruiting Coordinator and hire a real game day Coach that surrounds himself with even better Coaches?

Well, at least he's bringing in athletes, so if he does go, maybe the next coach can do what Stoops did with Blake's players at Oklahoma.

Or Urban Meyer did with Ron Zook's players at FLA.

What I want to know, with this contract we have with Callahan...Is there anything in it that says we can't "promote" him to Recruiting Coordinator and hire a real game day Coach that surrounds himself with even better Coaches?

If you think BC would stay around as Recruiting Coordinator, I think you're in trouble.

I really don't know what Steve Pederson was thinking extending his contract BEFORE the USC game. I'm not trying to sound like a rhetorical question guy, but seriously.

There was a post here, a few weeks ago, claiming there to be a Pederson-Callahan conspiracy.

The more and more I watch our team, watch the "administrative" moves and see the results...I'm starting to believe that clown.