Lets get back to mediocre already

After another BAD performance I see no other option than a clean slate on defense. We need a defense that attacks. At this point I would settle for mediocre. Who would you like to see at DC? I believe Stoops will not last at Arizona as a HC. He is an excellent DC option IMHO.

I know….Its like where do we start?

Another post mentioned removing BC as the coordinator. I was saying the same thing last night. It seems he is so busy being lost that he can’t run the team. When I was watching the OU-UT game I saw what a head coach should look like (IMO). When the game was on the line Stoops was in the defensive huddle bringing fire and passion to his team. When there was a questionable call he was all over the refs. I think he adds value to the offense, but time to step up and be coach and let others do what they do.

Unfortunately the problems with this program are more than just the DC.

But it is one thing NU can control, Callahan isn't going anywhere, but Cosgrove could.

The numbers just aren't adding up anymore. I just needed to see more games and I will probably wait until after the oSU game at home to make a final decision. But we are giving up so many yards. Every team we are playing are just having monster games against us. ISU can't even beat 1-AA No Iowa and Kent St. ....

we'll as I said, I'm going to give this team (that includes everyone players and coaches) about two more games before giving a final judgment....

I haven't completely given up on Callahan...yet...though I'm starting to wonder <_< I think part of HIS problems on offense stem from our piss-poor performance on D. The D's crappy playing puts us in a bind offensively and Callahan is forced to call plays he may not normally call in hopes of keeping us in the game. I think if we had a Defense that could play and stop opponents, I think we might see a different side of Callahan's play calling. I'm willing to give Callahan one more year provided he makes some big and much needed staff changes in the off season.

Cosgrove on the other hand, can lick my balls for all I care :angry:

I'm souring rapidly on Callahan. Watching his play calling when we were down 3 scores. Calling passes on 3rd and 2. Not being able to make a 3rd and 2. He's not fired up on the sideline. He doesn't care. If he doesn't care, why should his players.

When the announcers say what the defense should be doing, it is time for the DC to be gone.

Pederson should be gone for not giving Pellini a chance.

I haven't completely given up on Callahan...yet...though I'm starting to wonder <_< I think part of HIS problems on offense stem from our piss-poor performance on D. The D's crappy playing puts us in a bind offensively and Callahan is forced to call plays he may not normally call in hopes of keeping us in the game. I think if we had a Defense that could play and stop opponents, I think we might see a different side of Callahan's play calling. I'm willing to give Callahan one more year provided he makes some big and much needed staff changes in the off season.

The problems are more then just the terrible defense.

Well the offense had it's shot to help the defense out and it failed time after time. Whats it going take for people to realize this offense is outdated and having a Marino type quarterback in college is worthless unless you have the receiver that can catch and make a 3 yard pass into a 20 yard gain. A line that protect all day.

What scary is that rest of the year Nebraska going to be facing almost as good offenses and a lot better defenses. This going to get ugly especially if the teams quits on BC.

For awhile I was tempted to take that safer stance of waiting for a year, but I just don't think we have that kind of time. I think people want to believe Callahan is going to get it done, but not all faith should be blind. I have no REASON to think he will. Just look at our offense last night against a defense as porous as the Mexican/American boarder. And did you see a shred of adjusting at the half on either side? Sure, he changed a few things up (clock burning plays), but got demolished even more handily than before. Our O-line is just as horrendous as our D-line. Keller was munching turf all night, and these guys are HUUUUGE.

But worst of all, the most disgraceful thing about this team, is that there is NO. RUNNING. GAME. We've got a stable of backs, all of them pretty much useless, except maybe Castille, who looks hungry for blood.

BC needs to go. It's time that we just face it, suck it up, and start thinking about what we can do to see what needs to happen happen by next season.

The problems are more then just the terrible defense.

Exactly. I'm finally waking up to it. And it's more than just terrible offense, as well. BC just cannot motivate the players. He's not getting in their faces; they're quitting out on the field; they look lost, frustrated, and bitter. You can't play like that. You have to believe in what you're doing. It's time to clean house. I'm not a fire-coach-button-masher by nature, but for the sake of our tradition, it's time to wake up and get this done before it gets any worse, which it certainly will this season.

I now expect the Huskers to lose and lose big.

I have been a stout Callahan supporter from the beginning, but even I'm starting to waver a little bit. The play calling I seen last night was the worst so far. Why do we continue to try and run the ball when it wasn't working??? Oh, that's right to try and open up the passing game where all the receivers dropped the frigging ball. Why can't Callahan just give his play calling responsiblities to the offensive coordinator like every other coach. Why is he trying to reinvent the wheel? Be a head coach where you have your fingers in everything not just one facet of the team. Cosgrove needs to go NOW!!!! No one can give me any excuse as to why he should stay. Anyone can do a better job than him. Hell I could...............even I could tell that the 3-4 wasn't working so we needed to switch back to the 4-3 as I'm sure all of you could see. No heart at all with this team. I want last years team back.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread...

I admit, Callahan should probably be outta here at the end of the season along with this Corn Suck Offense. Unfortunately, we're stuck with him for a few more years :angry: The best thing we can hope for is Cally wises up enough to get rid of some if not all his coaching staff (specifically Wyatt, Elmo and Coz) and goes out to find somone else who can resurrect Nebraska Football.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread...

I admit, Callahan should probably be outta here at the end of the season along with this Corn Suck Offense. Unfortunately, we're stuck with him for a few more years :angry: The best thing we can hope for is Cally wises up enough to get rid of some if not all his coaching staff (specifically Wyatt, Elmo and Coz) and goes out to find somone else who can resurrect Nebraska Football.

on top of that he would have to turn the reigns over to a real offensive coordinator and be a mere figure head/recruiter. recruiting is all this a-hole can do!