A KU fans perspective

JHaWk

jayhawk thanks for the comments but we already know this and we don't need to hear it from you go take your number 20 ranking and shove it

Go easy on him. I didn't think there was anything disrespectful with what he said.

He's just being honest and is happy that his team is doing well. I agree go easy on the guy. It's pretty bad when we have to attack other posters from other teams that feel where we are coming from.

Your post was fine until...

BTW KU is STILL undefeated thank you very much. We are now ranked and NU is #40 i think.

Nothing but a gloat there. And nobody likes people who gloat (just look at how those regular members who do it here are treated).

Sorry if im psyched to be ranked I will take it to a KU msg board if its considered smacktalking

It's your tone at the end that turned it into gloating. The "thank you very much" part and the "we're ranked and you're not" sh#t.

If you were really interested in being excited about being ranked, you'd have just said, "It's been a long while since we've been ranked and I'm pumped!" But instead you chose a gloating tone. Don't be surprised when you piss people off by doing that.

Edit - Btw, I'm not pissed. But if you truly don't want to piss people off, don't post like that. I'm just telling you why it was easy to take as gloating and why it pissed people off.

Oh, i see. Well i didnt mean it like that. Its just that a lot of people were saying KU isnt good cuz their schedule sucks, so im just replying to those people. I wasnt trashin NU football, I dont need to. Plenty of others are doing that already on this board, which unnerves me. NU is my 2nd favorite college football so I meant no disrespect

I think it is farily normal for KU and Nebraska fans to have a low animosity level. KU is traditionally good at Basketball, Nebraska is not. Nebraska is traditionally good at football, Kansas it not. Both run first class programs, but it is mostly been focused on their traditional strengths. The fans (when it comes to each schools traditional strength) are knowledgable, they travel well, they are very loud and they are relatively classy. Nebraska fans give opponents who play well standing ovations even... Anyways, not to get to lovey with the opposition, but it is not a natural rivalry other than the fact that we are neighbors (but so is the whole Big 12 North pretty much). I spent a lot of time as a kid, when KU was done in football, rooting for Nebraska to take on all for the Big 8. Hard to root for Oklahoma, they really did show up in Lawrence and their crowd had a rowdier edge and there would be fights and all that. Nebraska brought more fans and less trouble. Eveyone has a few bad fans, but in all Big Red is top class..

Good luck with the rest of the year, I do hope you go old school and bring back the option, cause I loved watching Tommy Frazier runing over Florida Laughing as he went down the field...

As for how things are in Lawrence, we are pumped up about our Hawks. I have been going to KU games for almost 30 years with my dad and now with my kids too. I am actually more of a football fan, and it is fun to have a chance at winning something. Football is a rough sport to watch when you are physically outclassed, and so I have seen some tough ones. Mangino seems to have really built us something fun to watch!

Rock Chalk!

I think it is farily normal for KU and Nebraska fans to have a low animosity level. KU is traditionally good at Basketball, Nebraska is not. Nebraska is traditionally good at football, Kansas it not. Both run first class programs, but it is mostly been focused on their traditional strengths. The fans (when it comes to each schools traditional strength) are knowledgable, they travel well, they are very loud and they are relatively classy. Nebraska fans give opponents who play well standing ovations even... Anyways, not to get to lovey with the opposition, but it is not a natural rivalry other than the fact that we are neighbors (but so is the whole Big 12 North pretty much). I spent a lot of time as a kid, when KU was done in football, rooting for Nebraska to take on all for the Big 8. Hard to root for Oklahoma, they really did show up in Lawrence and their crowd had a rowdier edge and there would be fights and all that. Nebraska brought more fans and less trouble. Eveyone has a few bad fans, but in all Big Red is top class..

Good luck with the rest of the year, I do hope you go old school and bring back the option, cause I loved watching Tommy Frazier runing over Florida Laughing as he went down the field...

As for how things are in Lawrence, we are pumped up about our Hawks. I have been going to KU games for almost 30 years with my dad and now with my kids too. I am actually more of a football fan, and it is fun to have a chance at winning something. Football is a rough sport to watch when you are physically outclassed, and so I have seen some tough ones. Mangino seems to have really built us something fun to watch!

Rock Chalk!

Hey you stole my name, kind of. Anyway I like Mangino too and I like that I can watch KU football and not just basketball. Hopefully, we will keep competing and not choke. If we keep it up, we can go to the Big12CG. Go Hwkskers

Hey you stole my name, kind of. Anyway I like Mangino too and I like that I can watch KU football and not just basketball. Hopefully, we will keep competing and not choke. If we keep it up, we can go to the Big12CG. Go Hwkskers

Not to be overly technical, but I have been on this board, albeit infrequently, for about 2 years longer, making you the name snatcher (kind of).

That said, as it is our mighty Jayhawk we share, there is enough for all.

There are a lot of people freaking out on here with talk of ending the sellout streak? What is that about? Callahan will eventually get fired if he keeps sucking, why screw up the other things you got going for you? I say let the frantic people leave and the majority of the good Big Red fans fill in behind. Huskers ain't dead, they are just on a hiatus.

Rock Chalk!