Callahan: will he resign or get fired?

There are plenty of Nebraska faithful with jack enough to write a check for the guy's buy out and never even know it's missing. It will happen. I will go on record and say that he will not be the football coach after the Colorado game.

Just for the record, I don't care for BC. However, I will make a friendly bet with you that he is our HC next year and the year after that. I've already been proven wrong once this week when I told the KU poster they'd lose to KState, so I might as well go for a perfect record this season. I just don't think there's any possible way unless we lose ever single game badly the rest of the season that BC isn't the coach for the next 2 years. I think Pud will handle it kind of like Solich. I think BC will have to fire some assistants, but he will be here next year.

I agree, to an extent. Callahan will be here next year but I wouldn't be surprised if Cosgrove is retained on the staff as a defensive coach and someone else takes the DC title.

And to reply to the first part of the quote...I've been vacillating all day on whether I should send identical letters to all the Board of Regents about that. I'm now in the position to be able to make contributions but, with the current state of Nebraska Football, will definitely not contribute to the University. I'm not sure if I ever will with Pederson as the AD.

Unfortunately, there is probably no way he will resign. If he quits on his own accord, he'll have two huge strikes on his record at Oakland and NU. He'll be known as the chosen one to ruin two teams in short order. No way he'll be given a head coaching gig again. No, I think we're married to him for 4 more years through thick and thin.

I don't think he's worried about his resume or chance of being a head coach again. The guy could retire tomorrow if he wanted to...from a financial standpoint.

There are plenty of Nebraska faithful with jack enough to write a check for the guy's buy out and never even know it's missing. It will happen. I will go on record and say that he will not be the football coach after the Colorado game.

Just for the record, I don't care for BC. However, I will make a friendly bet with you that he is our HC next year and the year after that. I've already been proven wrong once this week when I told the KU poster they'd lose to KState, so I might as well go for a perfect record this season. I just don't think there's any possible way unless we lose ever single game badly the rest of the season that BC isn't the coach for the next 2 years. I think Pud will handle it kind of like Solich. I think BC will have to fire some assistants, but he will be here next year.

I agree, to an extent. Callahan will be here next year but I wouldn't be surprised if Cosgrove is retained on the staff as a defensive coach and someone else takes the DC title.

And to reply to the first part of the quote...I've been vacillating all day on whether I should send identical letters to all the Board of Regents about that. I'm now in the position to be able to make contributions but, with the current state of Nebraska Football, will definitely not contribute to the University. I'm not sure if I ever will with Pederson as the AD.

Could you or someone post emails of each of the Board of Regents? I think there are a lot of people including myself that would send them an email if I just knew what their email addresses are. Thank You.

Billy C's buddy John Gruden will hopefully get the Philadelphia Eagles job. That way, he'll hire Billy C as Offensive Coordinator. Billy C will have his wish, and that is to get back to the NFL.

Yea, because that's something he has stated publicly. You have a camera and audio set up in his office?

If anyone of us had been on a job for 4 years and had the same results as cally we woulda been sh#t canned in a heartbeat..a 5 year extentsion lmao!

Not so sure about that. I know a few people who have been doing the same job for 10 years and probably should just jump off a cliff they are so useless.

No, he will thankfully not be fired and he will not resign. We should not follow the path of Alabama and we do not have the money to hire a Nick Saban. Callahan, who can recruit out of state players due to the WCO, is the best coach we can have currently.

Bullsh#t.

Anyone who thinks that Frank Solich or Turner Gill would be better than Callahan is insane. We'd be 2-4 now, or worse, with either of them as HC.

More bullsh#t.

Unfortunately, there is probably no way he will resign. If he quits on his own accord, he'll have two huge strikes on his record at Oakland and NU. He'll be known as the chosen one to ruin two teams in short order. No way he'll be given a head coaching gig again. No, I think we're married to him for 4 more years through thick and thin.

I'm not willing to say Callahan is the problem...yet. I'm real close. He hasn't been put in the position to excel due in a large part to a lack of athletes. We have some "good" players that I believe have been unfairly characterized as "great." I will start with Ruud. He's only a stud because other guys simply can't make the tackle. He has great stats, but "athleticwise" he will not be in the NFL. He is not "great." Grixby plays with heart which I admire, but you can throw the ball right over him and he was like a flea on the back of Rucker.

We've got slow guys on defense that "can" make tackles and we've got fast guys that "can't." It's simply a bad combination. The fact that the defense had to try and make major (and totally irrelevant) changes after the first quarter against Mizzou just shows that Cosgrove was unprepared and clueless.

Calahan can have input on the offense, but I don't like him calling the plays. It takes too long. He's not quick on the ball. He offers little variety. We ran Lucky to the short side of the field almost every running play.

Anyhow, I'm already changing the subject. We now realize how great Zack Taylor was. He had more than one year of playing experiene under BC's system and a mediocre O-line. This year we have the same type of line and a decent quarterback, but Keller is here for a year and then "good bye."

I'm not trying to say Callahan shouldn't be gone, but there are some things that could change to his benefit. With Cosgrove still around there will be nothing but come from behind wins which we were able to pull off last year. He needs to go because even Osborne couldn't play "catch-up" football with much success. Give us a lead (almost any type of lead which we have rarely hade in the past two years) and I think Callahan has a chance to do well. The option didn't work well when we were down and the west coast offense does not work well when you are down. Hell, nothing works well when you are down. We also played "catch-up" last year but with Taylor there was hope. You could come at Taylor with a chainsaw and he still could make an unbelievable pass. He was gutsy and special. If you breathe hard on Keller, he's either sacked or the ball is going out out bounds.

Osborne was "business-like" as well. That's not the problem. Callahan getting all "fired-up" would only mean that we would lose with a lot more passion, but it wouldn't change the score. We've got a full slate of mediocre athletes on both sides of the ball. Osborne had the ability to find what appeared to be "mediocre" athletes that were actually really great. Apparently, it appears that Callhan has found what appears to be "great" athletes that are really mediocre. I'm willing to hold out for another year or two for Callahan to actually find a couple true studs on both sides of the ball and then the rest may fall into place. If Callahan is actually commited to finding them, it will show. My question of Callahan is not with his ability, it is with his commitment. Did he breathe easier when he got the contract extension or did he say to himself "this is my home and I am motivated to give my all to my fellow Nebraskans?" Osborne is a Husker. Solich is a Husker. Gill is a Husker. McBride is a Husker. For me the question is simply this: Is Callahan a Husker or a guy doing simply enough to collect a paycheck? I'm not convinced that he is a Husker. I'm not convinced that he is not.

I'm not willing to say Callahan is the problem...yet. I'm real close. He hasn't been put in the position to excel due in a large part to a lack of athletes. We have some "good" players that I believe have been unfairly characterized as "great." I will start with Ruud. He's only a stud because other guys simply can't make the tackle. He has great stats, but "athleticwise" he will not be in the NFL. He is not "great." Grixby plays with heart which I admire, but you can throw the ball right over him and he was like a flea on the back of Rucker.

We've got slow guys on defense that "can" make tackles and we've got fast guys that "can't." It's simply a bad combination. The fact that the defense had to try and make major (and totally irrelevant) changes after the first quarter against Mizzou just shows that Cosgrove was unprepared and clueless.

Calahan can have input on the offense, but I don't like him calling the plays. It takes too long. He's not quick on the ball. He offers little variety. We ran Lucky to the short side of the field almost every running play.

Anyhow, I'm already changing the subject. We now realize how great Zack Taylor was. He had more than one year of playing experiene under BC's system and a mediocre O-line. This year we have the same type of line and a decent quarterback, but Keller is here for a year and then "good bye."

I'm not trying to say Callahan shouldn't be gone, but there are some things that could change to his benefit. With Cosgrove still around there will be nothing but come from behind wins which we were able to pull off last year. He needs to go because even Osborne couldn't play "catch-up" football with much success. Give us a lead (almost any type of lead which we have rarely hade in the past two years) and I think Callahan has a chance to do well. The option didn't work well when we were down and the west coast offense does not work well when you are down. Hell, nothing works well when you are down. We also played "catch-up" last year but with Taylor there was hope. You could come at Taylor with a chainsaw and he still could make an unbelievable pass. He was gutsy and special. If you breathe hard on Keller, he's either sacked or the ball is going out out bounds.

Osborne was "business-like" as well. That's not the problem. Callahan getting all "fired-up" would only mean that we would lose with a lot more passion, but it wouldn't change the score. We've got a full slate of mediocre athletes on both sides of the ball. Osborne had the ability to find what appeared to be "mediocre" athletes that were actually really great. Apparently, it appears that Callhan has found what appears to be "great" athletes that are really mediocre. I'm willing to hold out for another year or two for Callahan to actually find a couple true studs on both sides of the ball and then the rest may fall into place. If Callahan is actually commited to finding them, it will show. My question of Callahan is not with his ability, it is with his commitment. Did he breathe easier when he got the contract extension or did he say to himself "this is my home and I am motivated to give my all to my fellow Nebraskans?" Osborne is a Husker. Solich is a Husker. Gill is a Husker. McBride is a Husker. For me the question is simply this: Is Callahan a Husker or a guy doing simply enough to collect a paycheck? I'm not convinced that he is a Husker. I'm not convinced that he is not.

If we were loosing with passion I would not be as upset as I am the lack of passion that bc has is showing in the lack of passion that the players have maybe if he were more fired up. Some of it would rub off on our players