Bo Pelini

Eric

I just thought it was a good article. I like to see people that we once rooted for doing well wherever they go. I even root for tampa bay's defense because of monte kiffin! I didn't know it would spark a whole 'bring back Bo' debate.

We all know he won't be back here. Anyways, he'll probably end up the head coach of LSU, if Les Miles goes to Michigan after this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Al...o&type=lgns

Pretty good read.

"Guys were ready to run through a wall for him," said Ruud, a junior on that Nebraska team. "He was such a great motivator. He'd print out cards with different quotes and leave them in our locker to fire us up before games, and when it came to X's and O's, he definitely had the 'it' factor.

Sigh, what could have been...

Yeah, I sold some stock at $10,000 once and a couple years later it was worth $40,000. What might have been will never be.

He still isn't a head coach, by the way. That may say something.

It was interesting. I was at the LSU/Florida game last week and had the chance to ask a lot of LSU fans about Pelini, since we were tailgating for about 8 hours. The question I kept asking was "If Les Miles departs to take over for Lloyd Carr at Michigan, would you want to promote Pelini to HC or look elsewhere?" The unanimous answer was that they love Pelini, think he's the best DC in the country, but has no HC experience, and why move him from the position where he's had such great results. They unanimously agreed they would look elsewhere for a HC.

Maybe the question I should have asked was "If the only way you could keep him was to promote him to HC, what would you do?"

The season he was DC, they went 10-3. Didn't they get DESTROYED in all three losses by teams with athletic QBs, UT (VY), KSU (Ell Roberson III), Missouri (Brad Smith). His NFL defense has trouble with option offenses. LSU was having big trouble stopping the run and passing by Tebow that was picking their zone defense apart.

yeah, I was shocked at how easily Florida moved the ball against them. Probably the reason Miles was going for fourth downs and the win instead of forcing overtime (which I still think was a dumb decision). Tulane's offense had quite a bit of success in the first half against LSU too, though the points didn't reflect it. I think they only scored ten. It'll be interesting to see how they handle Andre Woodson and Kentucky this week.

The season he was DC, they went 10-3. Didn't they get DESTROYED in all three losses by teams with athletic QBs, UT (VY), KSU (Ell Roberson III), Missouri (Brad Smith). His NFL defense has trouble with option offenses. LSU was having big trouble stopping the run and passing by Tebow that was picking their zone defense apart.

Your saying he should of took that defense 2003 that was terrible the year before causing their defensive coach to be fired and making them and into the perfect defense? Sounds like you and Steve Pederson went to the same school of thinking.

LSU did hold Florida to 7 points in the second half.

I know as Nebraska fans were just not use to seeing a defense thats gets better durring the game.

Your saying he should of took that defense 2003 that was terrible the year before causing their defensive coach to be fired and making them and into the perfect defense? Sounds like you and Steve Pederson went to the same school of thinking.

LSU did hold Florida to 7 points in the second half.

I know as Nebraska fans were just not use to seeing a defense thats gets better durring the game.

Thats because he isnt too stubborn to make adjustments at halftime (cough) cosgrove (cough)

No! His style of defense is not good vs option attacks! USC lost to KSU and Roberson twice, UT in the Rose Bowl. The athletic QBs give that defense trouble. So he forced turnovers vs scrubs, but got the heck beat out of him by UT, KSU and Missouri? His OU defense never forced any turnovers and were destroyed in the MNC/BCS game vs SC. That scheme has trouble with an offense that uses all 11 players. why didn't he shut Florida out? They were playing at home!

Bo Pelini is an ass!! As soon as he made it to Oklahoma he was talking about how bad the players on D at NU were. He said that they wouldnt even make 3rd string at OU.

If he would have bad mouthed ADSP or the new coaching staff it wouldnt have bothered me. Saying it about the kids that played for him shows that he has no class.

Bo Pelini is an ass!! As soon as he made it to Oklahoma he was talking about how bad the players on D at NU were. He said that they wouldnt even make 3rd string at OU.

If he would have bad mouthed ADSP or the new coaching staff it wouldnt have bothered me. Saying it about the kids that played for him shows that he has no class.

That is all that is needed to know.

BTW If Miles goes to Mich, Pelini has a very good shot at the texas a&m job.

:yeah

Pretty good read.

"Guys were ready to run through a wall for him," said Ruud, a junior on that Nebraska team. "He was such a great motivator. He'd print out cards with different quotes and leave them in our locker to fire us up before games, and when it came to X's and O's, he definitely had the 'it' factor.

Yeah, I sold some stock at $10,000 once and a couple years later it was worth $40,000. What might have been will never be.

He still isn't a head coach, by the way.

:yeah That's what I'd like to know

He's not a head coach because 99 percent of fans aren't good at choosing coaches. As if that wasn't obvious enough.

Well it appears to me that Pedy not that good at choosing coaches either?

I'll bet if you asked the NU defensive players that he supposedly maligned they would still talk highly of him.

Hell half the fans on here were saying the same things. About how solich recruits were terrible and it's the excuse some of the fans on here use for this coaching staff that the team is terrrible.

Would make me sick seeing Pellini and Dollar Bill together.

I'll bet if you asked the NU defensive players that he supposedly maligned they would still talk highly of him.

Hell half the fans on here were saying the same things. About how solich recruits were terrible and it's the excuse some of the fans on here use for this coaching staff that the team is terrrible.

Would make me sick seeing Pellini and Dollar Bill together.

Of course they would talk highly of him. They have class.

Bo has none.

Pretty good read.

He still isn't a head coach, by the way. That may say something.

Just says no one wants to give him a chance that's all. He did pretty good in the bowl game we played. Plus there weren't that many head coaches jobs open at the time anyway.

Yep, TO wasn't a head coach until he was. I don't get the "lack of head coaching experience." If someone is already a great headcoach somewhere, they won't want to leave or a program that pays more will offer more. We have to find people like Pelini who haven't coached but show that certain something that Ruuuuud talks about.