Changes

So, we all know NU isn't doing so swell this year, and it looks like we will struggle to get one more win this season. What should NU change to have a better chance at winning in the future?

I think NU should...:

1) ...GET RID OF COSGROVE!! Seriously. Please get rid of him. He is horrible. 3-3-5 formation WAS NOT working...don't you think the strategy should be altered at that point? Believe it or not, sometimes a strategy has to be changed because it is not working. Other teams change offensive/defensive strategies when their original strategy wasn't working. What the hell Cosgrove?

2) ...simplify the offense a little more. Okay...this is college football. Why are we running a west coast offense. Half of the time it doesn't look like the players even know what they are doing out there. It's okay to abandon the option offense...but I just think this type of offense is just too complicated.

3) ...get a different type of QB. I think NU needs a different type of QB. Sam Keller is alright, until there is someone in his face. I think we need a QB that is elusive (i.e., can run the ball effectively). This will add another dimension to our offense making it harder for the opposing team's defense, and will make the defense think twice about blitzing.

There are other things that need to be done...but I feel these are the main three things I want to see.

What does everyone else think?

So, we all know NU isn't doing so swell this year, and it looks like we will struggle to get one more win this season. What should NU change to have a better chance at winning in the future?

I think NU should...:

1) ...GET RID OF COSGROVE!! Seriously. Please get rid of him. He is horrible. 3-3-5 formation WAS NOT working...don't you think the strategy should be altered at that point? Believe it or not, sometimes a strategy has to be changed because it is not working. Other teams change offensive/defensive strategies when their original strategy wasn't working. What the hell Cosgrove?

2) ...simplify the offense a little more. Okay...this is college football. Why are we running a west coast offense. Half of the time it doesn't look like the players even know what they are doing out there. It's okay to abandon the option offense...but I just think this type of offense is just too complicated.

3) ...get a different type of QB. I think NU needs a different type of QB. Sam Keller is alright, until there is someone in his face. I think we need a QB that is elusive (i.e., can run the ball effectively). This will add another dimension to our offense making it harder for the opposing team's defense, and will make the defense think twice about blitzing.

There are other things that need to be done...but I feel these are the main three things I want to see.

This is just another thread reiterating what has been said numerous times across this board. Coaching change, simplifed system, starting the best and not senority, ect. We can discuss this till were blue in the face but until the end of the season it really doesn't matter. Lets just cheer these players on and show them that we support them.

:bonezGBR!!! :bonez

Ok so I am in favor of simplifying the offense as well bc I think we could therefore get all of our best athletes on the field at an early stage instead of having erickson in there. However, how would that have to be done? Would the language be the same? How would a coach simplify the offense in year five of the program? Players are used to hearing the same things so if he changes the way he says the plays or something like that wouldnt it almost be like changing the offense? Just wondering, but I would LOVE to see this happen.

I think NU should...:

Try reading these other threads:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19986

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19858

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19794

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19389

Sorry, but this topic is getting repetitive and old.

I think NU should...:

Try reading these other threads:

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19986

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19858

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19794

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19389

Sorry, but this topic is getting repetitive and old.

Thanks for compiling my reading list! :thumbs

I think NU should...:

Agree on getting rid of cosgrove. Get rid of callahan as well because if you think he is going to be successful in this league you are only kidding yourself. He is to set in his ways and won't change, all he does is give excuses for what they need to do to get better....as a football coach you don't make excuses. Excuses don't get you anywhere but that back of the line. We need a new coach and a new staff with the same mentality as the head coach. GET THE JOB DONE NO EXCUSES!! if you get rid Cosgrove you are just patching part of it until it falls apart again. You need a motivator. Someone that might not know the X's and O's as well as callahan does, but that knows how to make a player win. You can have the best play caller in the world on your sideline but if you don't play as a unit you will never move ahead. We have some of the best athletes out there, but they have no relationship on the feild they can't deliver a knock out punch, just little individual jabs that only dent the openent not break them.

If you think callahan can get the job done maybe they will let him have his 3 more years to dissapoint you.

Until then, im still cheering on my cornhuskers, and praying for the day it gets better