The last 10 meetings...

CalHusker

That same loyalty and work ethic that you say all fans should demonstrate now is what we should have shown Solich after improving from 7-7 to 10-3.

But guess what....

THAT IS IN THE PAST!!! Pissing and moaning about something that happened almost a year ago doesn't do anything for the program right now. The past is in the past, and there isn't a damn thing that you or anyone else can do about it. So maybe it's time to get off of the "Solich should still be here" subject, don't you think?

We both have a point. People like me are upset because we feel like Solich was thrown away by an outsider who didn't understand or care how much it was going to hurt. The message sent was 'winning every game is more important than loyalty'. So we think perfection should be demanded. We don't understand why Callahan is given a pass because this is a 'transition year' when clearly losing was not acceptable. We feel people who supported the coaching change are willing to accept any level of ridiculous performance in the coming years just to defend the decision (that's what Petersen is like anyway). People like you don't understand that we talk of loyalty but don't give any slack at all to Callahan.

The truth is I didn't condemn Callahn from the moment he got here. It wanted to give him a chance. But he's demonstrated that he is not a good coach. You guys always say that the reason the change was made is that we were hovering around mediocrity. You'd rather cut the ties and end the continuity and tradition of the coaching staff than lose 3 games a year. I don't agree, but I can respect that. But I really really really really really really really REALLY don't think we're headed in the right direction here. This is a huge step down and I don't see us returning to what we were any time soon. You may not agree, but you have to respect that.

OK, we agree to disagree more or less. I am willing to undergo a year or so of change before we see some real progress just because I think it is necessary considering the change the university has selected. I am not putting up with it just to defend the decision of a used car salesman.

I think it's too early to condemn him as a bad coach at NU. There are just too many variables this year in my mind.

I have to applaud you for putting together a great discussion. Some others who subscribe to your ideas should take notes. :)

I remember the 80's. I remember all the heat Osborne took for not being able to win the big game. You, I, DJR, and the rest of the fans stuck by him during those times. Now that a new coach is in place, taking a lot of heat for his first season you are ready to bail.  Sure, he hasn't shown that he is the man yet, but you aren't even willing to give him a chance. What does he have to do to get you behind him?. Seriously, I want to know. It seems to me that many fans were really more a fan of the style of football than the team.

The truth of the matter is Callahan was condemned by many fans before he even coached his first game.

We both have a point. People like me are upset because we feel like Solich was thrown away by an outsider who didn't understand or care how much it was going to hurt. The message sent was 'winning every game is more important than loyalty'. So we think perfection should be demanded. We don't understand why Callahan is given a pass because this is a 'transition year' when clearly losing was not acceptable. We feel people who supported the coaching change are willing to accept any level of ridiculous performance in the coming years just to defend the decision (that's what Petersen is like anyway). People like you don't understand that we talk of loyalty but don't give any slack at all to Callahan.

The truth is I didn't condemn Callahn from the moment he got here. It wanted to give him a chance. But he's demonstrated that he is not a good coach. You guys always say that the reason the change was made is that we were hovering around mediocrity. You'd rather cut the ties and end the continuity and tradition of the coaching staff than lose 3 games a year. I don't agree, but I can respect that. But I really really really really really really really REALLY don't think we're headed in the right direction here. This is a huge step down and I don't see us returning to what we were any time soon. You may not agree, but you have to respect that.

Why was SOlich not given the chance? am i to beleave that I should give Callahan the chance when Solich wasnt given the chance?

I remember the 80's. I remember all the heat Osborne took for not being able to win the big game. You, I, DJR, and the rest of the fans stuck by him during those times. Now that a new coach is in place, taking a lot of heat for his first season you are ready to bail.  Sure, he hasn't shown that he is the man yet, but you aren't even willing to give him a chance. What does he have to do to get you behind him?. Seriously, I want to know. It seems to me that many fans were really more a fan of the style of football than the team.

The truth of the matter is Callahan was condemned by many fans before he even coached his first game.

well sed UH. :horns2 i appreciate your thoughful posts.