Fair Weather Fans?

I was at rifle school all day for the SWAT team so I just now seen the final score. I am not surprised nor am I very freakin happy right now. I think the coaches should go and that's obvious. The worst home less since 1958!!!! I still love the Huskers though and I can't say I blame people for leaving, but I certainly wouldn't have. We'll get through this and eventually be back on top, but right now is not a good time to be a Husker. :hmmph

I have no problem with people saying people need to be fired, people booing or whatever. But I just think it's funny when the "Best fans in College Football" leave at halftime. It's easy to be the best fans in College Football when we win 9+ games a year. I commend all the fans that stayed through the end of the game, and cheered these kids when they scored in the fourth quarter. It's just funny to think of Nebraska fans as fair weather, but everyone across the country who sees the footage on ESPN2 of 1000's of people leaving before half is going to be saying that.

BTW, it was worth going to the game to see the '97 team run through that tunnel. Not too many dry eyes in the house at that point.

There is no other way to get this administration's attention other than empty seats. We stay at the games, we get stuck with these coaches. Plain and simple.

Should fans leave? No.

But what was there to stay for? Absolutely nothing was going to change, and nothing did, other than meaningless points.

Um, there's a Husker program that is bigger than any coach, team, player or AD. I'm not against leaving necessarily, but I would have turned on the radio on the way back home. Nobody is happy with the current crises, but there's still more games and there's still the Husker program.

I have no problem with people saying people need to be fired, people booing or whatever. But I just think it's funny when the "Best fans in College Football" leave at halftime. It's easy to be the best fans in College Football when we win 9+ games a year. I commend all the fans that stayed through the end of the game, and cheered these kids when they scored in the fourth quarter. It's just funny to think of Nebraska fans as fair weather, but everyone across the country who sees the footage on ESPN2 of 1000's of people leaving before half is going to be saying that.

BTW, it was worth going to the game to see the '97 team run through that tunnel. Not too many dry eyes in the house at that point.

There is no other way to get this administration's attention other than empty seats. We stay at the games, we get stuck with these coaches. Plain and simple.

So do you really think if we lost all the rest of the games, and the last two home games people were in their seats, that there wouldn't be changes? C'mon...

we paid and we watched, we are fans even when pederson named cally as coach and even when cally went to that awesome west coast offense we saw today. we will be fans tomorrow and i love these husker players, i'm convinced we do have some very talented kids. i'm also convinced oakland raider magic has come to lincoln via cally. i'm for a change, yesterday would be good but not practicle. turner would do a good job, and he is a husker thru and thru just like the rest us dudes on this web site.

The way that the fans can voice their displeasure is to leave early.

I don't agree with it either for the most part, but I am not sure that I would call most of those people leaving early fair weather fans. Most of them probably have had their season tickets for many, many years.

And by the way... the tickets are already sold... the sellout continues this year whether fans show up or not!

HC & DC must go... right after the AD!!!

The idea that staying in the stands thru an ass beating makes you a better fan is laughable. I don't live in Lincoln but if I did I would've left!

People are leaving to show disappointment in the direction of the program. If we just happened to lay an egg and lose a game people would stay. That isn't what is happening here. Even the best fans in college football have a limit to what they will take.

The self-righteous "I'm a better fan bc/ I stayed" crap is as tired as all of the "I told you so" fire the coaches posts.

I'm glad you stayed. You played a HUGE part in that last touchdown and maybe the team will come to your house and shake your hand.

Empty setas send a message. A message that admin and the staff doesn't seem to be getting.

I'm not a masochist. I don't sit through pain and punishment and consider it fun.

A list of things I also do not do:

Eat an overcooked steak I am paying a lot of money for

Tip for bad service

Stay through movies that are horrible from the start and devolve over time

Continue to drink disgusting beer just because I bought the six pack

etc.

etc.

etc.

You get the point. How is this any different?

Well, I stayed until the very end of the 4th quarter. I don't know why people are making such a big deal about people "apparently" leaving at halftime. That's the normal time that people go to the bathroom, get another slice of pizza and so forth. Did anyone notice how many fans came back? I'd say that at least 80% of the fans were there for the 4th quarter if not more. There were enough fans to get the wave going around the stadium midway during the 4th quarter. A majority of the fans stuck around till the last few minutes.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker B @ Oct 13 2007, 06:52 PM) 238428[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I'm not a masochist. I don't sit through pain and punishment and consider it fun.

A list of things I also do not do:

Eat an overcooked steak I am paying a lot of money for

Tip for bad service

Stay through movies that are horrible from the start and devolve over time

Continue to drink disgusting beer just because I bought the six pack

etc.

etc.

etc.

You get the point. How is this any different?

You don't keep buying the same beer or go back to see the same movie.