Sign the Hire Osborne Petition

**Update --- I realize the job is pretty much Ozzy's if he wants it, but lets still show him how much we support him by signing this petition. I'll still be sending it to Harvey P & Mike Osborne (son) to send to Tom.**

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/hire-Osborne-for-AD

---------------------------

Lets help make this a reality. Its the only answer at this point.

HireOsborne.com

I'm usually not a big fan of "firebomb-everyone-andletgod-sortemout.com" sites --- which is why this site focuses on a positive thing -- hiring TO 4 AD. Steve-o just happens to be caught in the cross-hairs, and afterall he did enlist as the Minister of Information - so he understood the liability.

I know TO isn't known for being a big rah-rah guy or a very dynamic speaker, but IMO that isn't necessary to be an effective AD. It simply requires an ethical & savvy person, who commands respect & also connects with "the shareholders" - which in this case are the people of Nebraska. He would instantly inject the Athletic Dept with a new energy & passion, and I can guarantee donations would increase instantly. And if he was able to handle the limelight that comes with being a head coach at NU, at this point in his career I think he would absolutely thrive in a role which is more behind the scenes. Especially with his political background - he could use that experience to help him - b/c everyone knows being an AD involves a large amt of politicking.

I also believe he would work to hire the right staff, and not just one that only runs The Option -- whether that involves Coach Callahan or not, I have faith he'd make the right decision.

If you feel the same, please take a moment to sign the petition.

We WILL be back on top guys. and it will taste sweeter than ever.

:bonez

HireOsborne.com

I'm usually not a big fan of "firebomb-everyone-andletgod-sortemout.com" sites --- which is why this site focuses on a positive thing -- hiring TO 4 AD. Steve-o just happens to be caught in the cross-hairs, and afterall he did enlist as the Minister of Information - so he understood the liability.

I know TO isn't known for being a big rah-rah guy or a very dynamic speaker, but IMO that isn't necessary to be an effective AD. It simply requires an ethical & savvy person, who commands respect & also connects with "the shareholders" - which in this case are the people of Nebraska. He would instantly inject the Athletic Dept with a new energy & passion, and I can guarantee donations would increase instantly. And if he was able to handle the limelight that comes with being a head coach at NU, at this point in his career I think he would absolutely thrive in a role which is more behind the scenes. Especially with his political background - he could use that experience to help him - b/c everyone knows being an AD involves a large amt of politicking.

I also believe he would work to hire the right staff, and not just one that only runs The Option -- whether that involves Coach Callahan or not, I have faith he'd make the right decision.

I don't know that Tom Osborne is the right fit for the job at this point, given his age and the pressure that would surely accompany any coach he may hire...however he could be a good short term fit if he were to hire Ed Stewart from Colorado as an associate, with the understanding that he would take the roll in a few years....but I really, really love your Pederson timeline...good work...

I think one important thing is missing froom Stevie P's list of "accomplishments" in building loyalty to NU - his own daughter is now a student at UT Austin. I can't believe that there was only one little article about this - found it by accident once. I believe the article was published in the LJS in June this year.

I'm not too keen on TO's hiring ability, wasn't it his idea to make Frank Solich Head Coach? In that sense he too is partially responsible for the mess we're in now.

Frank Solich did better than Callahan - if Callahan wins 32 out of his next 33, he will EQUAL what Solich did - I thought Callahan was supposed to bring us ABOVE what Solich did...I'll take Solich all day long, and twice on Saturdays.

In his 2nd year at Ohio he took them to a bowl game - something they haven't done in how many years??

In my mind, these are Pudnocker's list of accomplishments

1) He divided the state when he fired Solich. He only gave Solich's new assistants one year, and I think they did turn things around. I'm not a Solich apologist. It's just fact that Pud divided the fanbase.

2) He wrote some checks with his mouth that he just simply couldn't cash. "We will not allow this program to slip to mediocrity" "We will not surrender the Big 12 to Texass and OU"

3) He brought in a washed up NFL guys and told us how great he was even though he has never accomplished anything besides "losing" 2 teams now!

4) He brought about a cloud over himself and us a few times with what I consider to be lies but can't prove in regards to the Houston game, etc.

I've always been willing to give BC and staff "some" time, but I've been calling to Pud's head for several years now. However, we have now slipped beyond mediocrity. I just don't think we can sit idley by now and give BC much more time as we are now disgracing ourselves and our history on the football field. I lost a bet with my brother on Saturday's game. I took into account that it was Homecoming, the 97 NC team was being honored, TO gave a pep talk on Friday, and TO led the team out during the tunnel walk. In my mind, there was absolutely no way we wouldn't win the game. Little did I know that the team wouldn't even show up. I would like to think we can still win a couple of games and make a bowl this year. However, A&M did in fact beat this Okie State team that just made us look foolish Saturday. Texass simply stomped Iowa State. CU isn't a real good team, but the game is in Boulder. KU's having one of their best seasons in recent history and should be ranked pretty high. KState is a solid team no matter how bad you hate them. I'm at a loss, and now believe that we can't win another game. I just wish someone could explain to me how we started so good against Nevada and have faded into something so terrible! Nevada is a cupcake team, but I'm not sure we could even beat them again if we played. Unfortunately, this season has brought back some very unpleasant memories for me from when I played ball in high school. If the rest of the season mirrors what we've seen so far, the beatdowns will continue. IMO, we will be ranked 10th in the Big 12 just ahead of Baylor and Iowa State. We've slipped well below mediocre.

I like TO, and I think he'd make an outstanding AD. I'm not sure though if he'd ever take the job. I don't worry about the pressure on him as he was in Washington for a while in Congress where the pressure is a lot higher than being AD at NU. I think he'd do a great job and get the ball rolling in a more positive direction, but more than likely he'd also be a short term AD do to his age.

I don't know about any of you, but this season feels as bad and hurts as bad as if I'd have had all my life savings invested in Enron. I feel like we the fan base have been taken advantage of by Pud. I don't like the guy, and I don't know if I can ever forgive him for the product he's put on the shelf!

HireOsborne.com

I don't know that Tom Osborne is the right fit for the job at this point, given his age and the pressure that would surely accompany any coach he may hire...however he could be a good short term fit if he were to hire Ed Stewart from Colorado as an associate, with the understanding that he would take the roll in a few years....but I really, really love your Pederson timeline...good work...

Was it Colorado or MIssouri.....regardless I like the candidate

First I should say I can't take credit for that Pederson timeline. I received it via an email fwd so the creator is anonymous until someone steps fwd. And yes, you should take those with a grain - they are obviously slanted towards knocking the Ped down, but afterall the dood makes it pretty easy.

2) If anyone wants to help me put together a short list of tangible reasons why you think TO would make a great AD, I'll list those on the site as well to make it more positive.

3) I hear what you guys are saying about TO not wanting the gig b/c of spending more time with fam etc. - but think about it this way - if he had it his way he would currently still be in politics, which is a lot more demanding than an AD job. Nebraska is his passion & livelihood. If he were asked to help restore something he loves nearly as much as his family, I think he would be all N, with some conditions. One would probably be that he has an associate AD that he grooms for the job, like a couple others suggested. I think he would be all for this approach - it's the best of both worlds - we get TOs knowledge and "iconic figurehead" benefits, and he gets to do something he loves and stay near family.

And dont forget he would be following in the footsteps of his mentor, a one BOBFATHER...

First I should say I can't take credit for that Pederson timeline. I received it via an email fwd so the creator is anonymous until someone steps fwd. And yes, you should take those with a grain - they are obviously slanted towards knocking the Ped down, but afterall the dood makes it pretty easy.

2) If anyone wants to help me put together a short list of tangible reasons why you think TO would make a great AD, I'll list those on the site as well to make it more positive.

3) I hear what you guys are saying about TO not wanting the gig b/c of spending more time with fam etc. - but think about it this way - if he had it his way he would currently still be in politics, which is a lot more demanding than an AD job. Nebraska is his passion & livelihood. If he were asked to help restore something he loves nearly as much as his family, I think he would be all N, with some conditions. One would probably be that he has an associate AD that he grooms for the job, like a couple others suggested. I think he would be all for this approach - it's the best of both worlds - we get TOs knowledge and "iconic figurehead" benefits, and he gets to do something he loves and stay near family.

And dont forget he would be following in the footsteps of his mentor, a one BOBFATHER...

There was always the rumor that He wanted the AD job after he was finished coaching he probably would have hung it up before he did if he could have goten the job.

There was always the rumor that He wanted the AD job after he was finished coaching he probably would have hung it up before he did if he could have goten the job.

I really don't know how reliabe this source is, but my friend rarely tells me lies...anyway, he's a bartender out at Wilderness Ridge, and said something about coach Osborne being out there this summer, and someone saying something to him about how he should be more involved...apparently, his response was, "give it a little time," or something like that...

I'm not sure a the validity of this, but he's told me things before that I have questioned, only later to find them true...