Now we find out who the TRUE fans are

Every successful team has fairweather fans. The reason why this season is so hard to take in Huskerland is because the success here has lasted so long that very few fans remember what it was like before that success. Now that the long streak of success has come to an end, the real fans will remain until the program is rebuilt. How long will that take? One can only guess. (Look how long it took the Packers to return to the Superbowl after the Lambeau and Lombardi years. On the other hand, if the chancellor cleans house and makes the right AD and coaching hires, the turn around can be a LOT quicker.)

Look at it this way NU fans, dominance never lasts forever, a fall from power was inevitable (sooner or later). Look at any one of the storied franchises and programs in sports history(pro/college, football/basketball/etc.). Now, the bandwaggoners will be cleared from your ranks and the true fans will remain.

I grew up in the 70's, during the Osborne years, across the river from Omaha, and was turned off to Husker football by the Iowans who flew Husker flags just because NU was more successful than either of the Iowa teams. At the same time I became a Packer fan during their lean years and stuck with them throughout. Once the bandwagon Husker fans have jumped ship, maybe I'll be able to start appreciating the program.

As for boycotting the games; let's see if the Huskers can take a lesson from Packer fans and continue selling out the stadium through the lean years.

Yeah, I left early (5:00 left in the 4th, so not too early). Mostly because I'd rather watch football and not grown men play pattycake. And mainly because there was another Big XII North team playing that I'm more of a fan. Thank God for a storm delay in Lawrence or else I wouldn't of gotten to watch a team beat up on a south team like they should. Yesterday's loss to Oklahoma State was pretty much the end of the season. The dagger was in, and Okie St. came in and twisted it, finishing the Huskers off for good. I'd try to sell my remaining tickets for the games, but word on the street is you can't even give them away anymore.

At least there is still tailgating before the games.

Yeah, I left early (5:00 left in the 4th, so not too early). Mostly because I'd rather watch football and not grown men play pattycake. And mainly because there was another Big XII North team playing that I'm more of a fan. Thank God for a storm delay in Lawrence or else I wouldn't of gotten to watch a team beat up on a south team like they should. Yesterday's loss to Oklahoma State was pretty much the end of the season. The dagger was in, and Okie St. came in and twisted it, finishing the Huskers off for good. I'd try to sell my remaining tickets for the games, but word on the street is you can't even give them away anymore.

do not EVER post here agian!! or ill beat your ass into the ground!! :box

Husker fans have filled Memorial Stadium almost 300 straight times, so I don't want to hear about "real fans". The entire state is hurting right now and we as fans have every right to show our displeasure in some manner. This isn't just football, it's a way of life and the identity of our state.

If the stadium remained full, even with the crappy play, who would get the message that it's time for change? I'm sure empty seats spoke louder than any newspaper editorial, radio talk show, internet message board. You can't ignore empty seats.

Hey tuff guy, try posting something constructive instead of childish threats and insults...

Husker fans have filled Memorial Stadium almost 300 straight times, so I don't want to hear about "real fans". The entire state is hurting right now and we as fans have every right to show our displeasure in some manner. This isn't just football, it's a way of life and the identity of our state.

If the stadium remained full, even with the crappy play, who would get the message that it's time for change? I'm sure empty seats spoke louder than any newspaper editorial, radio talk show, internet message board. You can't ignore empty seats.

The seats don't have to be empty, the boosters are already organizing to take care of business. Like I said, let's see if there are enough real NU fans to keep the sellout streak alive.

The seats don't have to be empty, the boosters are already organizing to take care of business. Like I said, let's see if there are enough real NU fans to keep the sellout streak alive.

The sellout streak will continue and I fully support that. But after the game begins if it's as obvious as it was yesterday that the coaches and players don't care, why should the fans have to sit through it? The fans have every right to leave.

That is a little uncalled for

why should the fans have to sit through it? The fans have every right to leave.

Sure, they have the right to, but that's pretty much the definition of a "fairweather fan".

I disagree. This is Nebraska and we have a higher standard. We don't expect to win every game, but we do expect any athlete wearing a Nebraska uniform to play with heart and for the coaches to actually care and it's obvious we aren't getting that right now and we don't need to sit there having our noses rubbed in it.

I disagree. This is Nebraska and we have a higher standard. We don't expect to win every game, but we do expect any athlete wearing a Nebraska uniform to play with heart and for the coaches to actually care and it's obvious we aren't getting that right now and we don't need to sit there having our noses rubbed in it.

You don't think the very same thing could be said about Packer fans when the franchise went into decline after Lombardi left?

Real fans call for improvement, but stick with their team and sell out the stadium. Fairweather fans jump ship.

That is a little uncalled for

Exactly , threats are against board rules. Im upping your warning level. ALL opinions are welcome within the parameters of board rules.

Lots of fans used to leave early when we were clobbering weaker teams even during the early '70s. I know it's different now, but leaving early isn't necessarily a sign of bad fans.

He's not exactly wrong here. Yesterday as I was looking for tickets about 30 minutes before kickoff, my wife and I scored tickets for free. In fact the guy who gave them to him did so the same way, just given to him for free.

Tickets were easily going for $20-40 per pair yesterday