VOTE NO FOR T.GILL

I'm flat out sick of the T.Gill talk. There is no way this guy could handle a program of Nebraska's magnitude. Think about this for a second: the guy is 5-16 in two years. Give him another 5-10 years and he may catch on - but not yet - and definitely not at NU. I believe in tradition - and I believe we need somebody who understands that - but not him. We need a REAL coach. We need a young guy.

I vote JEFF TOMLIN from Grand Island HS.

He has turned this team from a mediocre doormat to a Top 5 Class A team.

Jeff has the ability to look guys in the eye and tell them where they are at as a player and as a person. He has the most fire I've ever seen on a sideline.

He's got what we need. Plus he is an unknown who could definitely prove his metal.

I know it's a big jump from HS to College - but - he could do it.

GO BIG RED

Wow. Just Wow. To think that in 2007, we still need a blunt reminder that crack kills.

I don't know if Gill would be a good coach or not, but to say "no" simply because hiring a former player failed at another school is ludicrous.

Well stated. Whether Gill is the perfect choice I don't know ... but .... would anyone agree that he's better than BC at least?

obviously some got the humor, some didn't, but in any case --

saying that T. Gill is ready to coach an NU is like saying a high school coach is ready to coach at NU.

No matter what happens on the field this season WE ARE STILL RESPECTED AS A POWERHOUSE.

We need a coach that reflects that!

No T. Gill is not the answer - neither is a high school coach - I was Making A Point.

Point Made.

GBR

Bring back blonde herbie

The case for Gill.

One of the best QB's in Husker History

QB of a team that went to the National Title game and competed the entire game.

Assistant Coach on 3 National Championship Teams.

Coached under Osborne.

Has the mindset and attitude of a winner. He knows the formula for winning

He is one of our own. He knows the tradition and was well respected by his team.

Has done a great job at Buffalo in 2 years. Buffalo who? Yeah exactly they have competed well against Penn State and Va Tech. Anyone who can win 5 games in Buffalo, well enough said.

I can't believe you are so fast to dismiss him or "he is not ready yet". He lived and breathed Big Red for over 20 years. Give me a break.

There is not a coah in the country that could come in here and grasp what in means to be a Husker and thn turn around and instill that in the team. The experiment is over bring back a "Husker".

This team need to be an attacking team like it was in the 90's and dominate the line on both sides of the ball. That does not necessarily mean the option it does mean dominating both sides of the ball and putting people on their butts!