We need a young Bill Snyder!

rkhufu7

With a better personality. Leavitt ain't leaving SF. Someone young, 35-45 range with experience, no Gundy's or Shulas. Turner Gill should be the man if we could get him. He knows NU, he knows that the power game, option and spread can be implemented with a great defense and special teams to win the games.

1. Can recruit, Texas, California, Florida, Ohio and Missouri. He must shut off the borders of Nebraska and reboot the walkon program to past levels.

2. Will run the ball and play hellacious defense and special teams. Like the Osborne years, team cannot kill themselves, but be able to win on the road, and that takes a running game, sound special teams and great defense.

3. Takes up the mantle of Devaney, Osborne and now his own. He must understand the history of the program, the blackshirts, pipeline...

4. Physical Football!

why do you say leavitt won't leave South Florida?

I'll cut & paste what I said in another thread on the subject:

I like Jim Leavitt, but I don't see him leaving USF. He's had opportunities to leave for big money at big time programs, but has stayed with the Bulls because it's *his* program. He's the only coach that team has ever had. He started the program from nothing, and he has unflinching loyalty to the program. I appears that the money doesn't matter that much to him. He's making decent money at USF, and I don't think he'd trade a fatter paycheck for the intangible benefits that he has now. That's not to say that I wouldn't try to get him if I were in charge of the search, but I wouldn't hold my breath, either.

He's happy, loyal and on top of his world right now. I'd be beyond shocked if he left USF.

With a better personality. Leavitt ain't leaving SF. Someone young, 35-45 range with experience, no Gundy's or Shulas. Turner Gill should be the man if we could get him. He knows NU, he knows that the power game, option and spread can be implemented with a great defense and special teams to win the games.

1. Can recruit, Texas, California, Florida, Ohio and Missouri. He must shut off the borders of Nebraska and reboot the walkon program to past levels.

2. Will run the ball and play hellacious defense and special teams. Like the Osborne years, team cannot kill themselves, but be able to win on the road, and that takes a running game, sound special teams and great defense.

3. Takes up the mantle of Devaney, Osborne and now his own. He must understand the history of the program, the blackshirts, pipeline...

4. Physical Football!

you are a fool......

4. Physical Football!

sigh...

rkhufu7...

I only wish I wasn't on probation...I would love to tell you how I feel...

4. Physical Football!

you are a fool......

Armistead, your warning level has been increased for the personal attack. A second violation will result in a temporary ban. A third will result in a permanent ban.

Folks, this is getting really old, really fast. We're all frustrated, but that excuse is wearing thin. Everyone wants the same thing. Everyone has an opinion how to get there. If you don't respect their opinion, that's fine. Point out what's wrong with it. But do so without the personal attacks.

No, I think you're confused. That'd be what we don't need.

Dave...

I said it on a thread earlier...but I'm not sure you saw it...

seriously though...you are killing me with that AV, where would one find such a thing?

I don't remember where I found it. It is funny, though.