Outstanding post about Osborne

Good post not all true. Osbourne got the Defense phylosphy from Bowden. He took his entire defensive staff down to Florida State several years in a row to learn the FSU 4-3 Rover Defense. The Florida Schools were taking Safeties and putting them at LB and LBs and moving to the DL back in the 80's.

Osbourne switched to the 4-3 in 1993. But he started recuiting for it a few years prior.

Back in the mid 90's when NU really had no equal, the majority of those kids were walk on's, to run an "outdated" offense, that won 3 national championships in 4 years. Think about that, if you look at those rosters, you'll see Wayne, Elkhorn, as the hometowns where these players were coming from. How many times did you hear about these O-lineman coming from tiny towns nobodied every heard of (unless you're from Nebraska) who played 9 man football because they're weren't enough kids in the schools.

Glory Daze, you sound like Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, and all the other so called experts. I'm glad you took the time to post your misguided "wisdom", but we've had quite enough already....

I thought it was 8-man..maybe a couple of 6-man football players.

But mostly class-B 11-man players.

The other part he got wrong was the Off Season training and weight program. They got that idea from Bama in the late 60's when Devaney was the Coach. After taking a beating from Bama, The Nebraska staff started asking Bama questions. That is when they learned about off season training programs.

This info I heard on an audio coaching tape that Osbourne did.