OSBORNE SAID YES WITH CONDITIONS

Boy, what are we going to do when ol' Dr. Tom has passed on and he can't come bail our a$$es out anymore? We going to drag his carcass out and sit it behind a podium and talk like a ventriloquist so that all fans can be soothed on why things aren't going well? Seriously, I like T.O. but I think it's dangerous that we coming running back to daddy for help.

Boy, what are we going to do when ol' Dr. Tom has passed on and he can't come bail our a$$es out anymore? We going to drag his carcass out and sit it behind a podium and talk like a ventriloquist so that all fans can be soothed on why things aren't going well? Seriously, I like T.O. but I think it's dangerous that we coming running back to daddy for help.

I wouldn't say we are going to daddy for help. It's like being hungry for a steak and having a cow that lives down the street. Might as well use what you got right? Fact is there will always be another cow and when Tom's time comes we will find another. I never want to talk about him passing on, it will be a very say day.

I wouldn't say we are going to daddy for help. It's like being hungry for a steak and having a cow that lives down the street. Might as well use what you got right? Fact is there will always be another cow and when Tom's time comes we will find another. I never want to talk about him passing on, it will be a very say day.

I agree, I'm just worried about how the university will be able to handle itself...

I agree, I'm just worried about how the university will be able to handle itself...

Yeah, it's tough not to think of that...

I think the idea is that the program has lost its fans. Not literally. And they lost what Husker football was all about in just 3.5 years. They need TO to come in and to bring a sense of family back. I don't think it means to bring an NU guy in for coach but they are basically trying to pull back together as a family. And after we fix this then there will be plenty of people to help us down the road. We are similar to Penn St and Fl St. We had a long tenure and so we needed to do it right the first time and we didn't. Now let's get it right and do it as a family.

Hopefully he doesn't make the same mistake that the last AD made, which was to try and completely overhaul the existing offense. Anybody that steps in as AD should be looking to find a coach that can transition successfully with the players that have already committed to the university. The good thing about Callahan is that he has the athletes to run AND pass, but they just need some f'ing direction for once.

And would everybody stop talking about bringing in somebody from the "brotherhood" or whatever the f#*k? The new AD needs to first assess the situation with Callahan, and then make sure he has or is going to hire the BEST COACH AVAILABLE. Would you honestly take Turner Gill over somebody like Jeff Tedford, Greg Schiano, or anybody else that has proven himself to be capable of coaching a major college program?

And even if Osborne steps in as interim AD, who says he's firing anybody? I think he would leave that up to whoever is directly taking over at AD, and thus having to work with the next HC. I think Callahan may very well be the head coach next year, albeit with a different looking group of assistants. Even Callahan has got to recognize by now that his job security is directly linked to Kevin Cosgrove's defense. However, I think Osborne would recognize that his job is not to make decisions for the next guy in line, but to basically handle damage control in the interim.