Sooner fan wanting NU great again

Husker Fans,

As a die hard Sooner for over 30 years, I promise almost all of us Sooner fans miss having a great Nebraska team to keep an eye on. We need NU to be the great program that it was, is and always will be. The Big 12 needs NU to be great as well. The conference lacks credibility without great NU football. Oklahoma went through what you guys are going through right now when coach switzer resigned. The image, face and icon was gone whenSwitzer left and everything went to turmoil. The following 10 years were a nightmare as a fan and supporter.I feel the biggest mistake we made was trying to stay "in the family" for too long. I finally took its toll and put us on rock bottom. The smartest thing was to hire a quality A.D. FIRST, outside the family. Then hiring a quality football coach, outside the family. The athletics are now in great shape and the it is great to be

sooner fan. I know you guys now have an "non-family" guy in callahan now, and as it looks now he is a lame duck, having a good start with coach osborne as a guide as the A.D. interim, i hope you guys hire a great A.D. for the long haul and more importantly a great football coach to get back to the high level EVERYONE in college football expects and wants. (except colorado) I hope NU doesn't make a mistake and stay to close to the family. Changes are good and sometimes wholesale changes are needed. Tradition never leaves though, changes will never take that away but a new perspective can bring it back stronger than ever.

By the way, it is true NU fans are the classiest in all of college football, Period! Lincoln is a great place to watch and experience college football, no matter who you cheer for.

Best of luck to NU and to all fans in the changes ahead.

We want you back!

Go Sooners!

java script:emoticon(';)', 'smid_41')

;)

I agree. It's like OU needs Nebraska and Texas, and Nebraska needs Colorado and OU. It's what made the Big 12/8 special. Whoever Nebraska brings in I hope they run a Power-O.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Thanks for the well-wishes, guys. We're sure trying. And it always makes us feel better to hear about how fans outside the program want the same for us. Good luck with the rest of your seasons. :)

Husker Fans,

As a die hard Sooner for over 30 years, I promise almost all of us Sooner fans miss having a great Nebraska team to keep an eye on. We need NU to be the great program that it was, is and always will be. The Big 12 needs NU to be great as well. The conference lacks credibility without great NU football. Oklahoma went through what you guys are going through right now when coach switzer resigned. The image, face and icon was gone whenSwitzer left and everything went to turmoil. The following 10 years were a nightmare as a fan and supporter.I feel the biggest mistake we made was trying to stay "in the family" for too long. I finally took its toll and put us on rock bottom. The smartest thing was to hire a quality A.D. FIRST, outside the family. Then hiring a quality football coach, outside the family. The athletics are now in great shape and the it is great to be

sooner fan. I know you guys now have an "non-family" guy in callahan now, and as it looks now he is a lame duck, having a good start with coach osborne as a guide as the A.D. interim, i hope you guys hire a great A.D. for the long haul and more importantly a great football coach to get back to the high level EVERYONE in college football expects and wants. (except colorado) I hope NU doesn't make a mistake and stay to close to the family. Changes are good and sometimes wholesale changes are needed. Tradition never leaves though, changes will never take that away but a new perspective can bring it back stronger than ever.

By the way, it is true NU fans are the classiest in all of college football, Period! Lincoln is a great place to watch and experience college football, no matter who you cheer for.

Best of luck to NU and to all fans in the changes ahead.

We want you back!

Go Sooners!

java script:emoticon(';)', 'smid_41')

;)

......as a 52 year Razorback fan, I want to add my opinion and comment to the Nebraska faithful. College football is not the same without a powerful Nebraska team and it's rabid fans. I am old enough to remember attending the 1964 Cotton Bowl against the Huskers and remember the great fan base that attended the game. Hang in there, Huskers....better days are coming.