What about Turner Gill?

If Pelini is the new HC, I hope he does bring Frost back because no way in Hell is Gill going to leave a HC gig to be OC here. This would be about as likely as Gill being HC and Pelini coming back to be DC. No matter what happens, my stomach is a lot more at ease with TO in the mix. I don't think we'll make a disastorous hire again like the last time. I've said it numeroust times that Pud's list of potentials was horrendous. I can't believe we couldn't see this coming 4 years ago. Houston Nutt probably gets fired at season's end, and I'm betting "Stach" is on a very short leash in Pitt. Nice list there Pud!

I believe one thing is certain. People won't balk at NU as much now as they did when Pedey fired Solich. Not many wanted to work for someone who fired a 9-3 guy (75% winning pct.).

However, I believe people will be much more likely to work for the University that got rid of said person.

Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking the same thing about Cook's comment that nobody wants to work here when Pederson can get fired so off the cuff. Isn't Pederson the one that started dismissing people like it was a bodily function? I agree getting rid of Pederson sends excactly the opposite message.

If Gill had never played or coached at Nebraska would you hire him? Is his resume competitive? Two years at Buffalo aren't enough for me. Down the road, I would love to see him return to Nebraska. Let him continue to make a name for himself. Pellini may be one of the"hot" coordinators, but he has been a head coach for exactly one game if I am correct. His defenses have played well at times and been shredded. I do like his attacking style unlike the umbrella defense Coz employs. Isn't Nebraska worthy of a coach that has a great resume and will embrace the traditions that is Husker football? IMO, we can hire outside the family. The Nebraska job is a great one and there should be plenty of candidates to choose from. We have the greatest fans (I brag about them here in Austin all the time) and great traditions. Go Big Red! :restore

If Gill had never played or coached at Nebraska would you hire him? Is his resume competitive? Two years at Buffalo aren't enough for me. Down the road, I would love to see him return to Nebraska. Let him continue to make a name for himself. Pellini may be one of the"hot" coordinators, but he has been a head coach for exactly one game if I am correct. His defenses have played well at times and been shredded. I do like his attacking style unlike the umbrella defense Coz employs. Isn't Nebraska worthy of a coach that has a great resume and will embrace the traditions that is Husker football? IMO, we can hire outside the family. The Nebraska job is a great one and there should be plenty of candidates to choose from. We have the greatest fans (I brag about them here in Austin all the time) and great traditions. Go Big Red! :restore

Amen Brotha :nanalama

It wasn't Osborne's base offense! It became Solich's when he had Crouch! Osborne's offense's were more I-back centered. You must play these video games that have NU running the wishbone! If NU ran 80 plays in a game under Osborne, 10-15 would be passes and maybe that same amount might be option plays at the most, unless the opponent dictated it. Solich lacked a big time I-back, so he centered the offense around his best/most explosive weapon, Eric Crouch. Osborne's offense was more of a diverse, balanced sets with the I-back at the center. Solich threw in the off-set I, which negated the FB dives/traps and such that would hold the LBs and allow the offense to threaten the perimeters... The FB under Solich was never the threat that he was because of these changes, and his POOR recruiting kept the I-back position BAREN!

Thank you! I get tired of people saying option, option, option under Osborne. It was a power I. He ran some option and some reverse motion, but it wasn't an option offense. He also used to say, hey, we could throw 40 times a game, but if we do, that's probably not a good sign.

When he started, he ran a pro offense with lots of passing under Humm and Ferragamo, but decided that he needed to be able to run come November in the Big 8.

I think Osborne's primary responsibility it finding a new AD. Who will then decide the fate of the coaching staff.

I strongly believe Callahan and Cosgrove are dead men walking and T.O. will hire a new head coach at the end of the season. Seemed pretty clear today that's the plan. He talked about leaving after the program is headed in the right direction, when he and the chancellor are comfortable. That's more than hiring a permanent AD.