Juco LB Steven Octavien

Player: Steven Octavien

Hometown: Palatine, IL

Position: LB

Height: 6’1”

Weight: 230

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date: 11/26/04

Scholarships offered: Kansas, Nebraska, Toledo, Arizona, Central Florida, Indiana

Favorites: Nebraska, Toledo, Kansas

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/***

Insiders: NR

Assessing the talent: JUCO LB with solid skills. Should have a good shot at starting where ever he commits. His speed stands out.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 65% The Huskers are the only major D-1 school to offer and I get the feeling after he visits on 11/26, he will give his pledge. On a side note, that same weekends appears to be a major recruiting weekend. First off it’s the last home game and that’s how the Huskers snag a lot of them.

Current Status: Committed to NU, 12/14/04

Articles:

LJS

OWH

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Steve visited Iowa this past weekend, and like they all do "enjoyed his visit". However, like Eric said, many believe NU is the best fit for him, mainly b/c he would have more of a chance to get early PT. At Iowa he would be competing against 2 All Big Ten LBs in Greenway and Hodge, and the third linebacker spot will probably be taken by a redshirt junior that saw a lot of playing time this past season.

Stay tuned for a commit update.

Octavien should be starting on one end, Moore on the other, and depending on how good Dillard is, he could be starting in the middle very soon. Tom Lemming said Dillard should be an All-American here at Nebraska in a couple of years. Also compared Marlon Lucky to Marshall Faulk because he can do it all. I like how this class is rounding out!

Octavien should be starting on one end, Moore on the other, and depending on how good Dillard is, he could be starting in the middle very soon.  Tom Lemming said Dillard should be an All-American here at Nebraska in a couple of years.  Also compared Marlon Lucky to Marshall Faulk because he can do it all.  I like how this class is rounding out!

I would take everything that Lemming (callahans cousin) has to say with a grain of salt. This is great. They now have 3 middle lbs in the class and 2 outside backers, along w/ the 7 qbs on scholarship. No wonder why they are thin on the lines and in the secondary.

If this staff continues to recruit juco qbs, tailbacks, and middle lb's, they will never get better than 5-6.