Juco LB Steven Octavien

No wonder why they are thin on the lines and in the secondary.

If this staff continues to recruit juco qbs, tailbacks, and middle lb's, they will never get better than 5-6.

Don't we have a commitment from a 5 star db? One of the RB is more then likely going to be a Safety and we are in the mix for the top DB in Oklahoma. I also think we are in the mix for one of the top safeties in the Country. It's funny how you find faults in the #1 recruiting class in the nation so far. What do you want all Nebraska kids? :wacko:

I would take everything that Lemming (callahans cousin) has to say with a grain of salt. This is great. They now have 3 middle lbs in the class and 2 outside backers, along w/ the 7 qbs on scholarship. No wonder why they are thin on the lines and in the secondary.

If this staff continues to recruit juco qbs, tailbacks, and middle lb's, they will never get better than 5-6.

I'd bet that Leon Jackson ultimately plays CB or saftey, not RB. I would be hesitant to take the position some of these players are listed at to heart.

One facet of college football recruiting is recruting pure athletes. A lot of high school teams put their best athlete in the back field where they can just give him the ball and use his skills. That doesn't mean he is always going to play RB or QB in college.

BTW, there are 7 O and D line commits at this point. Don't forget kids like Murtha who redshirted this past year. The secondary is thin? The Bullocks brothers are back next year and Grixby is a sophmore next year for examples.

In my opinion, one position hasn't been overly emphasized considering how often times players move around once they hit fall camp.

No wonder why they are thin on the lines and in the secondary.

Don't we have a commitment from a 5 star db? One of the RB is more then likely going to be a Safety and we are in the mix for the top DB in Oklahoma. I also think we are in the mix for one of the top safeties in the Country. It's funny how you find faults in the #1 recruiting class in the nation so far. What do you want all Nebraska kids? :wacko:

Also, that #1 ranking doesn't mean we have all the highest rated recruits.

How Rivals arrives at its rankings.

I like the sound of this..

The junior-college linebacker out of Naples, Fla., visited four schools during the past month. He charted each of his finalists, using an extensive evaluation system that assigned points to every school in different categories.

In the end, North Carolina won - by seven points over Nebraska, Iowa and Central Florida.

So why, then, did Octavien on Monday commit to the Huskers?

"I went with my heart," he said. "Growing up, my first love was Florida State, but Nebraska was never really too far behind. I really enjoyed watching them play, guys like Tommie Frazier and Ahman Green. To be offered a chance to play football at Nebraska, it was really almost like a dream come true."

OWH

LJS

I like the sound of this..

The junior-college linebacker out of Naples, Fla., visited four schools during the past month. He charted each of his finalists, using an extensive evaluation system that assigned points to every school in different categories.

In the end, North Carolina won - by seven points over Nebraska, Iowa and Central Florida.

So why, then, did Octavien on Monday commit to the Huskers?

"I went with my heart," he said. "Growing up, my first love was Florida State, but Nebraska was never really too far behind. I really enjoyed watching them play, guys like Tommie Frazier and Ahman Green. To be offered a chance to play football at Nebraska, it was really almost like a dream come true."

OWH

LJS

Sorry, Steve, but you are in for a rude awakening. This is not the Huskers of the 90's, never again will be.

Thanks for you consideration, though.