Big recruiting weekend 11/26

With the final homegame of the year Callahan and his coaching staff are preparing to role out the Big Red carpet for as many as 15 or more official visits for the COlorado game. Easily the most out of any weekend. Of course this is an early number and can certainly change, but it's obvious the coaches are pushing to get the recruits in to feel that game day atmosphere. With a possible Big 12 Championship appearance and bowl invitation on the line the stadium will be off the hook. Here is a tentative list. With some of the rankings I found and offer myself, considering what kind of recruiting guru I am :horns2

DT Jerrell Powe :star:star:star:star:star

Waynesboro, MS

DT James McKinney :star:star:star:star

Louisville, KY

RB Cody Glenn :star:star:star

Rusk, TX

RB Felix Jones :star:star:star

Tulsa, OK

WR Brandon LaFell :star:star:star

Houston, TX

LB Dontrell Moore :star:star:star

Coffeyville, KS

LB Steven Octavien :star:star:star

Palatine, IL

WR B.J. Vickers :star:star:star:star

Los Angelos, CA

DT Barry Cryer :star:star:star

Dodge City, KS

OL Rodney Picou :star:star:star:star

Moreno Valley, California

QB Harrison Beck :star:star:star:star

Clearwater, Florida

I'm going to add/delete names as I see the info..thanks

SeaOfRed and DaveH beat me to it. The crowd at the Mizzou game was the best crowd this year or last year. Like they said some people cheer no matter what coach, win or lose while others bellyache over the past. I'll tell you one thing I can't freakin wait to get in my seat a cheer on the Big Red. Bring on the Buffs.

I think what your getting right now are two sets of fans. Some fans have completely given up, literally giving away their tickets in disguise.Other fans who normally wouldn't pay, but rather watch the game at home, are now pissed at those people and want to pay to see them play.

Colorado will be off the hook. I looking forward to a great game.

I'm looking forward to it as well.  Though I well, regretably, not be able to attend.  :(  I have a wedding to go to that weekend.  But I'll be cheering for them from Kansas.  GBR!! :clap

Who the hell plans a wedding a Husker gameday

That's what I want to know. It's sacrilege!!! :)

QUOTE (kramer @ Nov 15 2004, 08:05 PM)

QUOTE (rocketlb @ Nov 15 2004, 07:56 PM)

I'm looking forward to it as well.  Though I well, regretably, not be able to attend.    I have a wedding to go to that weekend.  But I'll be cheering for them from Kansas.  GBR!! 

That's what I want to know. It's sacrilege!!! 

Well it's on Saturday. But I still have to be down there Friday since I told him I would be a groomsman. :waste:waste

But as far as who...my guess is that it was my cousins fiance. She's a KU fan. :wacko:

I'm looking forward to it as well.  Though I well, regretably, not be able to attend.  :(  I have a wedding to go to that weekend.  But I'll be cheering for them from Kansas.  GBR!! :clap

I had a friend get married in the press boxes of the Stadium during the Colorado game last year. The wedding was during the pregame and we partied while watching the Skers kick the Buffs ass. Great game by Ricketts by the way.

I had a friend get married in the press boxes of the Stadium during the Colorado game last year. The wedding was during the pregame and we partied while watching the Skers kick the Buffs ass. Great game by Ricketts by the way.

I got married the same night the Big Red beat KU six years ago.

With the final homegame of the year Callahan and his coaching staff are preparing to role out the Big Red carpet for as many as 15 or more official visits for the COlorado game. Easily the most out of any weekend. Of course this is an early number and can certainly change, but it's obvious the coaches are pushing to get the recruits in to feel that game day atmosphere. With a possible Big 12 Championship appearance and bowl invitation on the line the stadium will be off the hook. Here is a tentative list. With some of the rankings I found and offer myself, considering what kind of recruiting guru I am :horns2

DT Jerrell Powe

Waynesboro, MS

DT James McKinney

Louisville, KY

RB Cody Glenn

Rusk, TX

LB Nic Harris

Alexandria, LA

RB Felix Jones

Tulsa, OK

WR Brandon LaFell

Houston, TX