If you aren't listening

Osborne AD's term is "open-ended." "He needs the time" to fully evaluate the program, Perlman sez.

Reporters have no questions for Perlman; want to hear from Dr. Tom.

Sez he got out of coaching for health reasons -- not his -- the "fans were sick and tired of me running up the middle."

Praises Pederson for raising money, says he did a good job.

Oz remembers tough years ... shutouts vs. K State and Oklahoma in '68.

Scholarship limits have made it harder to succeed. Giving history lesson of scholarship limits, Husker football, how the walk-on program was created to offset limits.

Talks about former scholarship athlete praising the culture of loyalty instilled in the program.

T.O. "will serve all sports equally." (THAT doesn't sound like a guy planning on a real short interim stint.)

"I don't come here with a whole lot of answers. People remember a few years ago when we won a lot of football games, but I remember a few years before that when things weren't so hot. ... It's going to take some time."

Doesn't know how long he will be there, wants to work himself out of a job and have the chancellor and himself feel good about the status of the department and football program. Sees athletics as part of the total university, coaching as teaching, knows his place.

Taking questions now.

Osborne AD's term is "open-ended." "He needs the time" to fully evaluate the program, Perlman sez.

Sez he got out of coaching for health reasons -- not his -- the "fans were sick and tired of me running up the middle."

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, as in FB trap and the iso!

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, as in FB trap and the iso!

NO CHANGES until at least the end of the season.

Won't evaluate football staff until end of season. Would like to see intensity level pick up. "I want to be supportive in any way I can be ... I don't want to look over shoulders ... if they want me to come to practice, I'll come to practice, if they want me to sit in on a meeting, I'll sit in on a meeting."

Won't evaluate football staff until end of season. Would like to see intensity level pick up. "I want to be supportive in any way I can be ... I don't want to look over shoulders ... if they want me to come to practice, I'll come to practice, if they want me to sit in on a meeting, I'll sit in on a meeting."

In other words...Callahan is safe until the end of the year....

Our tipster I bleed RED has said Callahan will be out in a couple weeks.

Nothing Osborne has said would be inconsistent with Callahan "deciding" to resign.

He's asked, "Why are you doing it?"

"Mostly because I was asked to do it and I care about the program. ... This program is very important to this state ... The one thing that tends to unify the 93 counties out there is athletics and particularly the football program."

Praises volleyball team.

"I haven't really had a whole lot of relationship with Bill. When I first came here, I went down and talked to the staff for about 2 hours. ... Went over last Friday and spent about an hour, just Bill and I talking ... seemed like a decent guy."

I just hope that some of the other QB's get some playing time, so someone will have some experience before the Spring Game. I think BC is so tied to his boy, that he is not going to do anything but let him run up his numbers so to make BC look good in retrospect....this is NOT good....