Bo Pelini vs Turner Gill

Apathy

I know his players would run through walls for him. That tells me that he can relate to the athletes--that's a huge part of recruiting. At least according to John Blake. He can learn, and if he finds assistants that can recruit as well, he'd be just fine.

What kinda wall you talking about ? A sheetrock one? Foam board?

wet paper bag wall

OU didn't have a great defense last year. It was just good by Soonmer standards. Hawkins is the author of the Boise success program, not Peterson and CU already has him. What is Boise doing this year?

Actually, I was deployed last year with a Army Guard unit out of Boise and a number of the top brass in the unit were friends with a some folks in the AD. The scoop was that it was Hawkins who was to convservative and Peterson who was the mastermind behind there success. Hawkins goes to CU...wins what...2 games. Peterson leads BSU to the first BCS for a WAC school. Yeah, he can't coach. Anyway, he would be somebody to strongly consider.

While I can understand the attraction to Pelini - good defenses, intense, etc. - I'm somewhat baffled by this. NU is still a desirable position - why would we not want someone that has proven himself as a head coach? Why take a risk on someone that may have developed the requisite comportment; may be able to recruit? Why not go for someone that has proven his ability as a head coach?

It doesn't have to be Husker family; it should be someone that respects the traditions, understands and respects the history of the program, and that has proven himself.

OU didn't have a great defense last year. It was just good by Soonmer standards. Hawkins is the author of the Boise success program, not Peterson and CU already has him. What is Boise doing this year?

Actually, I was deployed last year with a Army Guard unit out of Boise and a number of the top brass in the unit were friends with a some folks in the AD. The scoop was that it was Hawkins who was to convservative and Peterson who was the mastermind behind there success. Hawkins goes to CU...wins what...2 games. Peterson leads BSU to the first BCS for a WAC school. Yeah, he can't coach. Anyway, he would be somebody to strongly consider.

First off, Hawkins wasn't the author of the Boise State success story, they've been churning out solid head coaches for well over a decade now (Houston Nutt and Dick Koetter were Boise's head men before Hawkins, and I think there was someone else in there too). Comparing Hawkins to Peterson, I've always heard that Hawkins was the more exciting personality, the stronger recruiter, and the more persuasive leader, whereas Peterson is a better X's and O's guy. That's not to say that Hawkins is poor with X's and O's, or Peterson can't recruit, their strengths just lie in different areas.

Personally, if I were a fan of a team looking for a coach, I'd definitely be excited at the prospect of bringing in a guy like Peterson... HOWEVER, I'm not sure that he's a good fit for Nebraska. I feel like the Huskers need someone who specializes in lining the hogs up and running the ball down the other team's throat... someone who can meld well philosophically with Osborne, you dig?

I personally don't like the idea of chanting. It sends a message that we have given up on this season, the current coaching staff, and most importantly the players. I would be embarrassed to be in the stadium if that chant started. I'm not a big Callahan supporter but, I don't think it's like he's given up. He and the coaching staff (no matter how ineffective they have been) should be rallied behind to salvage this season as best as possible. That kind of public scrutiny is not going to help out this "Husker Nation." Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.