Bo Pelini vs Turner Gill

Apathy

I'm sick and tired of this new ad talk and callahan talk. We already got our news last night about Tom taking over for the remander of this season and he'll probably be our AD for the next 3-4 years easy. Right now we need to be talking about finding a new coach. Everybody open up your eyes....when we get a new coach for next year it should be BO PELINI not Turner Gill. I know Turner Gill was a great QB but he's coaching at buffalo but what has he really shown us. Bo Pelini actually went to a Title game with OU and I know they got blown away but they were playing a USC team that was similar to our 95' team. And now look where Pelini is....LSU and they too are looking at a title shot. Bo has more passion as a coach with his players than Gill does. I'm plaining on making T-Shirts for the K-State game that reads "BRING BACK BO" in white lettering on a black shirt. WE WANT BO........WE WANT BO..........WE WANT BO. Nebraska fans already love the guy and Pederson is out of here and Bo wanted the job back then. He'll be on our sideline next year.

GO BIG RED

I'm sick and tired of this new ad talk and callahan talk. We already got our news last night about Tom taking over for the remander of this season and he'll probably be our AD for the next 3-4 years easy. Right now we need to be talking about finding a new coach. Everybody open up your eyes....when we get a new coach for next year it should be BO PELINI not Turner Gill. I know Turner Gill was a great QB but he's coaching at buffalo but what has he really shown us. Bo Pelini actually went to a Title game with OU and I know they got blown away but they were playing a USC team that was similar to our 95' team. And now look where Pelini is....LSU and they too are looking at a title shot. Bo has more passion as a coach with his players than Gill does. I'm plaining on making T-Shirts for the K-State game that reads "BRING BACK BO" in white lettering on a black shirt. WE WANT BO........WE WANT BO..........WE WANT BO. Nebraska fans already love the guy and Pederson is out of here and Bo wanted the job back then. He'll be on our sideline next year.

GO BIG RED

Hey man--

I agree.. I say those going to the game this Saturday should start the WE WANT BO chant!!!

This pic you have.. it is Maco' vs OU in 1995 right? I was at that game and remember the play..it was right below us in the endzone :)

Yes for Pelini!

Turner Gill is one of my all-time favorite Huskers, but I just have an uneasy feeling about him being HC at NU. Probably because of the fact that it took him such a long time to become a HC, I don't know.

I believe having a few guys with Husker ties on the staff is important, but I don't think it's totally necessary for the HC to be a former Husker. Pelini is sort of a former Husker and obviously has learned from some of the best. He's seen different systems and I would imagine has learned a lot since leaving NU. I think his problems were totally with Pederson and not with the University or the fans.

I do hope Scott Frost is added to the staff regardless of who the new HC is.

How about neither?

Why not Bo. He was OU's defensive coordinator for 2004 and he didn't have the players that he recruted and he had to start with scratch and look what he did with that program as well as LSU's and our 2003 defensive squad. This guy is an intelligent coach and I know he has some anger problems but at least he gets emotional in the game and with his players. This guy will put quotes and sayings in the players lockers to get them fired up before the game and it helps motivate the players. This guy was our multi-billion dollar lottery ticket and we let him get away and now its time to get him back. Our next 2 home games we need our stands to start chanting "We Want Bo Back." That would be sweeettttttt.

How about neither?

Why not Bo. He was OU's defensive coordinator for 2004 and he didn't have the players that he recruted and he had to start with scratch and look what he did with that program as well as LSU's and our 2003 defensive squad. This guy is an intelligent coach and I know he has some anger problems but at least he gets emotional in the game and with his players. This guy will put quotes and sayings in the players lockers to get them fired up before the game and it helps motivate the players. This guy was our multi-billion dollar lottery ticket and we let him get away and now its time to get him back. Our next 2 home games we need our stands to start chanting "We Want Bo Back." That would be sweeettttttt.

Because the guy is a walking time bomb. Maybe for DC, not for head coach. Maybe he has settled down, but I am very skeptical of this guy, especially the way he badmouthed the university after he left. Not just Pederson, the University.

How about neither?

Because the guy is a walking time bomb. Maybe for DC, not for head coach. Maybe he has settled down, but I am very skeptical of this guy, especially the way he badmouthed the university after he left. Not just Pederson, the University.

I don't care if he's a walking time bomb......look at what he's done at two major college programs. He's the man to pick up. He only bad mouth Pederson and if you don't believe that he has said it on his interview on Yahoo sports on October 11th, 2007. He's ready to coach a football program, he's coached here before and the fans love him period. If you don't like it than maybe you should go out and buy a copy of the Michigan State vs Nebraska Alamo Bowl game and watch the final seconds tick and listen to the crowd. Bo Pelini is the right choice whether you like it or not. WE WANT BO.

I don't remember the badmouthing of the University, but I may be wrong. All I can remember him saying is that the defensive players at NU wouldn't make the 3 deep at OU. I can't believe anyone would take offense to that as this was supposedly why Solich was fired because we had no talent and he couldnt' recruit. As we look to the NFL now though, I think we can all see there was some pretty good talent on that D in 03'!

Gill might be a good OC at least. He did coach during the 90's and as position coach for Frazier and Crouch.

I think it'd be interesting to have Pelini...but it appears his specialty IS defense. However, I think Nebraska might have to lure him away from LSU with a little better offer than just the DC spot.

And notorious DEK, take off the Caps Lock.

I posted this last night in another section, but it fits here too. If Gill had never played or coached at Nebraska would you hire him? Is his resume competitive? Two years at Buffalo aren't enough for me. Down the road, I would love to see him return to Nebraska. Let him continue to make a name for himself. Pellini may be one of the"hot" coordinators, but he has been a head coach for exactly one game if I am correct. His defenses have played well at times and been shredded (in 2003 we lost to Mizzou 41-24, Texas 31-7 and K-State 38-9). I do like his attacking style unlike the umbrella defense Coz employs. Isn't Nebraska worthy of a coach that has a great resume and will embrace the traditions that is Husker football? IMO, we can hire outside the family. Remember, we hired an AD that was part of the family and that didn't work out so well did it? The Nebraska job is a great one and there should be plenty of candidates to choose from. We have the greatest fans (I brag about them here in Austin all the time) and great traditions. Go Big Red![/size]

:restore