Sad but true story

You've added a whole new element now. Now, it's who's lying IBR; TO; or Clownahan? I believe IBR that he's already been bought and paid for meaning he will resign his post as HC sometime after the Texass game. Considering he already lied about a gesture he made that was caught on camera and put on national TV, I'm going to guess Clownahan is the obvious choice.

Yeah, don't know IBR, so can't say anything other than his predictions have been right on.

If I have to pick who is lying - BC or TO, I'd have to go with BC everyday of the week, and twice on Sundays. (but neither of them may be lying in this instance, I'm just saying if I had to chose).

To be honest with you, both. Clownahan could be gone, but that doesn't mean TO fires him. If IBR is correct, Clownahan is gonna resign anyway not be fired by TO.

Matt "the Weisel I bleed for the Sux and Pats" and Travis reported on 590 the other day that BC never signed the extension. Rumor was that he was looking at getting back to the NFL as an assistant. At least that's what Matt "the Weisel I bleed for the Sux and Pats" and Travis had to say".

To be honest with you, both. Clownahan could be gone, but that doesn't mean TO fires him. If IBR is correct, Clownahan is gonna resign anyway not be fired by TO.

Matt "the Weisel I bleed for the Sux and Pats" and Travis reported on 590 the other day that BC never signed the extension. Rumor was that he was looking at getting back to the NFL as an assistant. At least that's what Matt "the Weisel I bleed for the Sux and Pats" and Travis had to say".

What were the provisions for him leaving if he got an NFL job? Anyone remember or know where to look?

This is second hand, so I may leave a few details out.

I know a gentleman who is a physical therapist close to where I live. He is a good friend of my father in law.

This gentleman worked for Oz as a trainer in the 70's, knows Paul Meyers pretty well.

Apparently, Vince Ferragamo wanted to contribute some pretty good money to the Husker program. I believe there was a stipulation of wanting to come in and help with some coaching, but I don't know that for sure.

He let Meyers know this, and wanted SPXAD to call him to work out the details. SPXAD didn't call Ferrigamo.

Finally, Meyers went in to SPXAD's office, and made him call Vince personally. He left after the conversation got started.

A little while later, Ferragamo calls Meyers, and says he won't give any money to the U while "that son of a ***** is there".

Meyers quit soon thereafter. SPXAD had no answer for that.

Apparently, this was one of the final straws that broke SPXAD's back, when Harv found out.

Take it for what it's worth, but it ain't just a rumor. While this story might not be exact, as it is second hand, but the main theme is there.

How long ago was that?

I remember last year thinking about the similarities between Sam K. and Vince.

It makes sense..VF's kids are probably leaving the nest, His Buisness has been doing well enough to be run by others..Hmm..I need to do something fun with the rest of my life..I know, get into coaching..Callifornia Bears or NU would probably remember me..I know..Maybe if I contribute a tax write off...

if callahan quits ... he's dumber than i thought! he would lose out on A LOT of money!!!

if it was me ... id let them fire me and take the "free" payday!

You've added a whole new element now. Now, it's who's lying IBR; TO; or Clownahan? I believe IBR that he's already been bought and paid for meaning he will resign his post as HC sometime after the Texass game. Considering he already lied about a gesture he made that was caught on camera and put on national TV, I'm going to guess Clownahan is the obvious choice.

I wasn't trying to say someone was lying. I am saying that if TO won't fire him and he won't quit how exactly does he leave NU? My fear was you'd say booster pressure would force the issue, but that would further put us in the "Alabama" category.

Um, I think we're already in the Alabama category. What from the past 4 or 5 days would suggest otherwise? The big money boosters called for change, and that's what's happening. IMO, the only reason TO stepped in was to give some sort of civility to what's going on. I can't say that I'm against any of the change, but we did enter the Alabama category. Let's just all hope we don't get the sanctions that follow!