article on OWH's web site ...

so i started my day as i always do by going to huskerpedia.com and read the newest stuff. I came across an article about T.O. and something kinda struck me as wrong ...

He (TO) even gave the OK to take the pictures of the football All-Americans out of storage and hang them. "Looks like there's a lot of walls around here," Osborne said. "We ought to be able to find some place for them." Osborne hopes to find some place in the complex for former athletes, too. Access and security were tight under Pederson.

Why were they down in the first place, or why had they not been put up in the new complex? Is that just another sign the Pederson and Callhan could care less about the tradition and history of the program?

so i started my day as i always do by going to huskerpedia.com and read the newest stuff. I came across an article about T.O. and something kinda struck me as wrong ...

He (TO) even gave the OK to take the pictures of the football All-Americans out of storage and hang them. "Looks like there's a lot of walls around here," Osborne said. "We ought to be able to find some place for them." Osborne hopes to find some place in the complex for former athletes, too. Access and security were tight under Pederson.

Why were they down in the first place, or why had they not been put up in the new complex? Is that just another sign the Pederson and Callhan could care less about the tradition and history of the program?

Which is at the core of what is wrong. Disassociation with the legacy and tradition. That arrogant sob didn't want reminders of our roots around. Now he isn't around. Ironic.

Put it this way....TO has already made an impact with former players. I am very excited!!!

He has already reached out.

Its not the former players Im worried about. There is no doubt that the former players will feel more welcome from here on out. Its the players currently on the field that is the ones we need to devote our attention too. Im all for what TO did but lets get things going with a direct impact to our team now.

Put it this way....TO has already made an impact with former players. I am very excited!!!

Its not the former players Im worried about. There is no doubt that the former players will feel more welcome from here on out. Its the players currently on the field that is the ones we need to devote our attention too. Im all for what TO did but lets get things going with a direct impact to our team now.

I think a large part of the problem with the current players is that they have forgot who they play for. they need that stuff around them to remember they are at nebraska......and that they need to play like it.

Pederson wanted to rewrite Nebraska history by himself and got in over his head and just kept ruining things. If it would have worked he would look smart and some would be mad but the winning would over shadow that. Now its all coming out... :hmmph

I think this is EXACTLY the problem, and a HUGE reason SP is gone. I doubt BC had anything to do with what is hung on the walls in the Athletic Department - he seems way to busy to have that bother him. I think BC may have just been going along with what his boss did on things that really did not concern him that much. BC was focused on recruiting talent, drawing up game plans, and probably a little bit of coachin up players as well - not really caring about what was on the walls or security, etc. etc.

I think a large part of the problem with the current players is that they have forgot who they play for. they need that stuff around them to remember they are at nebraska......and that they need to play like it.

The past is so important to understand the present. Look what the past does to most of us husker fans when we reflect upon it. Though I only have 30 years of history of NU football under my belt. It in fact goes back way beyond that. As I look at that part (my 30 years) of history I see how it was directly influenced previous history!

Good for TO! By the way TO is not against change! He lives by principles and his product has only shown great resolve. We will never have another TO/Devaney at NU but we can have another Great Coach, Great Team and Great Class back to "The Program". I believe that with all my heart!!!

red_38