Do we really want Bo Pelini?

TLS2

I guess I'm not convinced he's the man for the job. I remember how he went ballistic at that last bowl game. I think he is a good defensive coordinator but I think someone stepping into this job needs to be not only knowlegable but also polished. For my part, I think someone like Turner Gill, who even though he is not as experienced, has a little more finesse than Bo.

I just don't want to be embarrassed again by a coach who can't control his temper, then have to hear about it for weeks on end after the game.

Any thoughts?

TLS2

I guess I'm not convinced he's the man for the job. I remember how he went ballistic at that last bowl game. I think he is a good defensive coordinator but I think someone stepping into this job needs to be not only knowlegable but also polished. For my part, I think someone like Turner Gill, who even though he is not as experienced, has a little more finesse than Bo.

I just don't want to be embarrassed again by a coach who can't control his temper, then have to hear about it for weeks on end after the game.

Any thoughts?

TLS2

I love it when a coach shows some damn passion for the game and his team every once in awhile. He may not have been ready 4 years ago, however I think he's more than ready now. :)

Any thoughts?

TLS2

Some of the stuff I've been reading about him lately indicate he's matured a little while at LSU and seems to have a good handle on his priorities.

Even laughing more.

I "pity the foo" conference of the team that he ends up being the head coach for.

I wouldn't mind having Gill either..

So many of you are basing your opinions on 4 year old data...Habits change. Especially when becoming the HBC somewhere or coaching with another staff.

I'd support Bo as head coach if the powers that be decide that he's the guy. As a fan I think that's my responsibility considering I don't choose who's "in office".

However, I don't think he's the guy. Fans love him for obvious reasons. Goes nuts on the sidelines. Yells and old men, etc, etc. I just don't think those are the qualities a head coach needs to possess. An assistant or coordinator, sure. Most of our coordinators and position coaches now are quite animated on the sidelines.

From Wikipedia:

Pelini was raised in Youngstown, Ohio, a former center of steel production with a strong athletic tradition. He played free safety for the Ohio State University Buckeyes from 1987 to 1990, starting in 1989 and 1990. Pelini served as a team co-captain in his senior year, along with Vinnie Clark, Jeff Graham and Greg Frey.

His coaching career has included stints with the San Francisco 49ers (defensive backs), the New England Patriots (linebackers), the Green Bay Packers (linebackers), the Nebraska Cornhuskers (defensive coordinator) and the Oklahoma Sooners (co-defensive coordinator). Pelini was also interim head coach at the time of the Cornhuskers' 2003 Alamo Bowl victory over Michigan State.

Bo Pelini has been mentioned as a candidate for head coaching jobs at Division 1-A schools, among them Texas A&M and Nebraska (if vacancies arise).[1][2]

I thought that last line was pretty fricking interesting.

Dave...

I like the Dave Chappelle thing,

but please, bring back the boucing creature...or at least tell us where we could find one of our own.

Yea, I decided to go back to the old school. That was my original avatar from back in the day. Here's a link to the best llama ever.

I have considered getting t-shirts made up with him to wear to tailgates so people can identify me....

TEH LLAMA!!

Dave...

I like the Dave Chappelle thing,

but please, bring back the boucing creature...or at least tell us where we could find one of our own.

Yea, I decided to go back to the old school. That was my original avatar from back in the day. Here's a link to the best llama ever.

I have considered getting t-shirts made up with him to wear to tailgates so people can identify me....

TEH LLAMA!!

The "crack addict" Dave Chapelle is hilarious. I wish it had sound. Either that, or him as Rick James or R. Kelly.