2 Questions

New to Nebraska and I had two questions.

Why aren't the games on local TV? I have a great dish package and rarely get to see Husker games.

Why is everyone saying Osbourne has integrity? If he's going to can Callahan while saying he won't, that doesn't seem like it matches up. I'm not trolling but am uncertain as to why that word continues to be used. I understand his success but not his character.

Why aren't the games on local TV? I have a great dish package and rarely get to see Husker games.

Why is everyone saying Osbourne has integrity? If he's going to can Callahan while saying he won't, that doesn't seem like it matches up. I'm not trolling but am uncertain as to why that word continues to be used. I understand his success but not his character.

TO has the Midwestern values enough said

ppv is ppv. you have to pay to view it.

i don't think anybody here cares that he's tossing bill callahan around like a rag doll because he's basically guttered the program and tom osborne, no matter how sketchy you think this looks, will have the program's best interest at heart. and maybe it's in the best interest to be political and put vague spin on it.

To answer your question, they say that about TO because of all the things that he has done. The wya he won, the way he lost, the way he treated his players, the way that he treats everyone, he is just that type of man. If you were not around here when he was in the spot light a lot you probably would not know. I hope that helps.

I feel that he really does not want to make a move until the season ends. He is worried aobut what it would do the kids that are here right now. He may sit down with Bill and talk about what is best for hte kids. IF they decide. IF that is Bill resigning then so be it. I do think that BIll cares about the kids. If is the best thing I think it will happen befre the end of the season. I do not think he will be fired until then however.

Uh, you talk Osborne is saying he's not going to fire Callahan at all. He's said he will make evaluations at the end of the season. Everything else is just rumor. Despite what those people will try to sell you, it's still just rumor and things do change. Osborne may not have any plans to fire/force a resignation on anyone until he evaluates at the end of the season. That may have changed after this game, or it may not have. Don't take rumors as fact.

lying to the media is a staple of political agenda.

Yes but for me, it's incompatible with integrity. That's why I'm confused.

I guess a bigger question is why local tv isn't showing the games. So many ppv games and I'm in Omaha. Are they non-ppv in Lincoln?

You're a wizard Henry Porter, and just as you defeated Lord Voldemott, you should be able to wave your wand and allow your television set to receive Nebraska Football coverage.

TO has the Midwestern values enough said

Thank you for replying and I agree that Midwestern values are where it's at. However, this doesn't answer either of my questions.

What specifically has given this creditability to TO? I'm looking for instances to understand.

He hasn't said that he won't can him, but he has said that no changes will be made until the end of the year (they have tried, according to rumor, to pressure the staff to resign). He has only said that it's a possibility that no changes would be made. He's being diplomatic and professional. We'll see if he goes back on his word and actively cans Cally.

Definitely 2 good questions. I'll address the 2nd question. My thoughts on this has to do with a lot of what was said in reply #8(did a good job). When you hear people say, "that bc is gone after the TX game or at the end of the year..." you are not hearing that from TO. Does it look like BC will be gone soon? In many people's opinion it is "YES". :corndance

TO's past makes him so good for this situation. He rarely jumps to a conclusion till he has as many of the facts as possible (while many are speculating). Many facts that you and I will never know and he will never tell us. He is a man that gives people chances but is not willing to sacrifice the the "TEAM" Now where that line is many of us will never know. But TO in the past with players and other situations has made the decision and blamed no one for it when it went bad nor took personal credit if it was brilliant.

He is as close to the word "FAIR" as you will find in anyone. chuckleshuffle

red_38

Why aren't the games on local TV?

In previous years, they were. Now it seems as though ESPN, Fox Sports, and everyone else would rather show a game that's going to be something people want to watch. Apparently they don't think many people watch games that end up 70-3. I'd say they're right.

Don't get me wrong -- I'd LOVE to see the Huskers each week like we used to "back in the good ole days". Unfortunately we're going to have to improve before that happens.

Regarding Osborne and character -- what the others said pretty much sums it up. Don't let rumors confuse the facts. Osborne is the definition of character. If you find yourself in a crowded bar sometime, I'd suggest not challenging this fact, or your safety might be in jeopardy. ;)