Back From the Game

Husker_x

I listened to the game today, off and on while living in a fatansy land of NCAA 2008. But from what I heard I think we can deduce the following.

1. Callahan is gone. When? I don't know. I hope he resigns. Dr. Tom says the season will end before changes are made, but holy sh#t, what can we possibly lose at this point? Buy him out, kick him out, bury him in a hole in the f*cking desert. Just get him out.

2. Not much reason to keep Watson. I know he's had success elsewhere and he doesn't have a "team," precisely to coach and scheme for, but frankly I don't much care to risk anything by keeping any fragment of this decrepite staff.

3. I'd go into how the team played, but we all know this. It's been, what, four or five weeks of consistent bullsh#t from these clowns? Apparently there was a hit or two laid; great, now give me 55 of those. Everything from the scheming to the fundamentals to the execution was once again hopelessly apathetic, and the offense is just as guilty here. Everything about this team is entirely negative. I'm so tired of hearing the same song and dance from Callhan, too. When, exactly, is this magical week going to come when things get "better"?

Enough is enough. Tom, please, no one will hold it against you. Get rid of the cancer and get rid of it now.

X

Yes i know you said no changes would be made but this season could still be salvagable if we got rid of BC and his staff. Who knows if we have an interim staff what could happen but i believe we are better off with a new staff at this point then to let him continue coaching. BC is probably tanking on purpose and i wouldn't put him past it. I mean no one would hire him as a HC now after he has destroyed two teams. Yes you got rid of one loser now the other one needs to go.

The defense played awful as always, our linebackers were nowhere to be seen when McGee would keep it. A&M kept lining up 3 wide and never threw so we never had 8 in the box. It was disgusting to watch.

On offense Keller had a little more time this week but held on to it way to long IMO. Castille (minus the fumble) and Helu ran great. Lucky looked OK.

Turning point of the game was the fumble by Swift. Man that killed us.

Unfortunately due to a long day of chopping wood in the middle of nowhere I was unable to listen to the game so I have a few questions after coming home and seeing another a$$ kicking put on the Huskers...

Is A&M actually that better than us?!?! I thought Coach Fran was as bad if not worse than Callahan.

The offense really do nothing?? I saw that we ran the ball barely any. Was that because we were behind the entire time?

I assume the defense was terrible again. I saw Mckeon had 14 or so tackles, has he figured it out and actually playing now?

Do the players look like they just don't care at all anymore and are ready for this whole season to be over?

Any emotion at all from anyone????

How did Callahan look on the sidelines? Bamboozled as always I'm sure...

I saw another thread on this sight saying that the coaches might be coaching to lose....whata think after this game?

I just hope that Dr. Tom gets rid of Callahan and his ENTIRE staff ASAP!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

I just want a winning season at this point, all other goals are lost.

More thoughts:

No one could tackle Lane when he had the ball. McGee read us perfectly, every time he kept it Potter blew up Lane. There were so many times the crowd cheered thinking we had gotten Lane for a loss, but then realized McGee was 10 yards down the field. I have no idea what the linebackers were doing.

Maybe they really weren't there...maybe it was all our imagination...maybe this team don't really exist...maybe this isn't Nebraska anymore...