Back From the Game

Husker_x

Nebraska looses its third straight game of the year in a mediocre fashion. There was the good, and unfortunately it was countered by the bad. We started the game off fairly well. The defense seemed to have a spark, which hasn't really been seen since the Nevada game. Overall I felt like Keller had a horrible game. I realize many times his lineman left him in a tight situation, but I think he would be the first to agree that he was simply not on target. From 13 rows up, McKeon looked like he was out there to play patty cake, but statistically this was one of his better games. He had some great hits during this game, but I really didn't see any consistency from him. Once again we were plagued with turnovers and were unable to return the favor. This was by far our largest fault. If we expect to win, we HAVE to maintain the ball. The one thing that drove me crazy was read-option that McGee ran all day on us. McGee had 35 rushing attempts for 167 yards which is simply unacceptable. At that point, adjustments need to be made. Was this game a step up from the past week? Yes, I believe it was, but we need to bring a consistency and constant intensity to make any great strides.

What ticked me off was that aTm only ran about 4 different plays for most of the game. The folks around me and and I were trying to guess which one it'd be. It was kind of stupid, because it was play after play of the QB faking a hand off and then keeping it for a 6-8 yard gain.

Everyone in the stadium could see it, I have no idea why there was not a guy assigned to the QB on every single play.

But it was my daughter's first husker game. I haven't been to a game in years, and we enjoyed every minute of it--even if they lost. I stayed until the game was over. It actually didn't take long to get out of the stadium because half the crowd was gone already.

Unfortunately due to a long day of chopping wood in the middle of nowhere I was unable to listen to the game so I have a few questions after coming home and seeing another a$$ kicking put on the Huskers...

Is A&M actually that better than us?!?! I thought Coach Fran was as bad if not worse than Callahan.

The offense really do nothing?? I saw that we ran the ball barely any. Was that because we were behind the entire time?

I assume the defense was terrible again. I saw Mckeon had 14 or so tackles, has he figured it out and actually playing now?

Do the players look like they just don't care at all anymore and are ready for this whole season to be over?

Any emotion at all from anyone????

How did Callahan look on the sidelines? Bamboozled as always I'm sure...

I saw another thread on this sight saying that the coaches might be coaching to lose....whata think after this game?

I just hope that Dr. Tom gets rid of Callahan and his ENTIRE staff ASAP!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

I just want a winning season at this point, all other goals are lost.

No they really aren't that much better than us. We are just that bad. :-( I guess Watson was calling most of the plays in the first half. BC should've had him calling th eplays in the 2nd half too. :angry:

Unfortunately due to a long day of chopping wood in the middle of nowhere I was unable to listen to the game so I have a few questions after coming home and seeing another a$$ kicking put on the Huskers...

Is A&M actually that better than us?!?! I thought Coach Fran was as bad if not worse than Callahan.

The offense really do nothing?? I saw that we ran the ball barely any. Was that because we were behind the entire time?

I assume the defense was terrible again. I saw Mckeon had 14 or so tackles, has he figured it out and actually playing now?

Do the players look like they just don't care at all anymore and are ready for this whole season to be over?

I saw another thread on this sight saying that the coaches might be coaching to lose....whata think after this game?

GO BIG RED!!!

No they really aren't that much better than us. We are just that bad. :-( I guess Watson was calling most of the plays in the first half. BC should've had him calling th eplays in the 2nd half too. :angry:

I don't see any reason at this point that TO couldn't get rid of him. He said no changes were planned before the end of the season....well, these are unplanned, and necessary.

GO BIG RED!!!

I don't see any reason at this point that TO couldn't get rid of him. He said no changes were planned before the end of the season....well, these are unplanned, and necessary.

Absolutely agreed. I don't see how there's anyway that TO can wait until the end of the season now. This was our last real shot a victory this season. I would be surprised if we win another game this year. :-( I hope we do, but I just don't see it happening w/these coaches.