DAMM IT WE WON !!!!

I know this may seem strange but I was kinda hoping we would lose.

The sooner we can get rid of fran the sooner we get the ship turned around. You guys are closer to firing Calahan than we are with fran. I would rather lose right now and end the mediocrity and start fixing the program and bring back the Wrecking Crew defense.

START THE COACH SEARCH NOW!!!

You'll likely win against UT and OU and loose to KU and MU. Then you'll be the south champions with a KU or MU rematch in the Big 12 title game. Loosing that you'll end up in a mid-level bowl at 7-5 against Notre Dame and finish the season 8-5. You'll be stuck with Fran for the remainder of his contract.

By then, NU will be 4-8, have a new coach will have a salvaged top 20 recruiting season.

Sorry for your 8-5 season.

You'll likely win against UT and OU and loose to KU and MU. Then you'll be the south champions with a KU or MU rematch in the Big 12 title game. Loosing that you'll end up in a mid-level bowl at 7-5 against Notre Dame and finish the season 8-5. You'll be stuck with Fran for the remainder of his contract.

By then, NU will be 4-8, have a new coach will have a salvaged top 20 recruiting season.

Don't know if I should laugh or cry over that statement.

I have to laugh now considering the beatings coming in the future and the fact that CU will be NU's bowl game. I hope I'm wrong, but given the performance against sub-par defenses lately and NU's dead last in college football D, I think CU is the only outside chance at a win for the rest of the year.

Stoopid contract extensions.

I have to laugh now considering the beatings coming in the future and the fact that CU will be NU's bowl game. I hope I'm wrong, but given the performance against sub-par defenses lately and NU's dead last in college football D, I think CU is the only outside chance at a win for the rest of the year.

Stoopid contract extensions.

fyi, it was only a 2 year extension, so callihans old contract would end in 3 more years

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Notre Dame will not be in a bowl game this year.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Notre Dame will not be in a bowl game this year.

Don't they have some sort of exemption from every rule in the BCS system?

Don't they have some sort of exemption from every rule in the BCS system?

Last I knew, you have to have 6 wins to be bowl eligible no matter who you are. All of Notre Dame's special treatment comes in terms of getting into a BCS bowl, under the pretense that they're an independent and don't have to opportunity for an automatic BCS bid that comes with winning one of the BCS conferences.

I know this may seem strange but I was kinda hoping we would lose.

The sooner we can get rid of fran the sooner we get the ship turned around. You guys are closer to firing Calahan than we are with fran. I would rather lose right now and end the mediocrity and start fixing the program and bring back the Wrecking Crew defense.

START THE COACH SEARCH NOW!!!

It's all in the details. And good ole' Clownahan is writing the perfect script for his departure. :laughpound

Really, isn't it about "DAMN" time that Nebraska screwed up someone else's season (in a weird sort of way) by not securing a victory, and it's all the better that it might be Bill Byrne's master plans to get rid of Franny...... :blink::sarcasm

Taking it a step further, by the time the Huskers' season is over in Boulder, T.O. will have a leg up in getting NU's #1 choice ('Bo'???) to come to Lincoln........ meanwhile, in College Station, the Aggies will still be warming up to face the Longhorns that afternoon. And Byrne will be left hanging while T.O. is plotting his next move.... Heh heh :nutz

Tuff as rain!! :moreinteresting:moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting:nanalama:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting

i want fran gone. even if he wins out the rest of the season, i want him gone.

now after the win against you guys last weekend, there are some crazy kool-aid drinkers that suddenly think they could find it in their hearts to forgive fran. for me, a good half-season doesn't make up for a horrible 4 1/2 seasons. i'm sure a lot of husker fans feel the same way.