DON'T BLAME THE PLAYERS.........LMFAO

Zach Potter and Lance B. are warriors and Zach will be good if his self esteem can withstand this season

BUT...........................

Lucky hits hole like a puss........and has been shown up by a freshman......CM cares more about skirt and just wants this season over........SK saw us as a chance to get to the nfl and now I think he sees that it aint happenin unless he has some amazing combines.....................our O-line cant go three series without assuming the hands on the hips head down position..................this cant all be placed on the staff......players have not been the same since Wake game..................the staff needs to be blamed for not benching some seniors ...............the "give up attitude has permeated this team". It is obviousjust from watching the team come out for the tunnel walk.

This will be probably be locked also......but it is a fact Callyspeak and Callyattitude have infested this team and it will take a clean slate for whoever takes the job and a couple of rough years to get the program back on track.

I agree its a combo of the players and coaches. If the players really believe the system will work, they need to have more passion towards the play on the field. However, if the system really was as seemless as Bill says, it would work even without passion. However, Im sure without passion we still would lose, it just wouldnt be in such grand fashion.

If the other players are better than us, then fine -- you may get beat, but I want to see effort and you might be able to blame the players for lack of effort.

The question becomes why the lack of effort:

Do the players understand what they are suppose to do? Maybe...

Do they get humiliated by the coaches if they make a mistake? In some case, I believe they do...

Are the best players really getting playing time? Maybe not...

One could go on and on...in the end, it appears the coaches are not preparing the players to win and I have to wonder if the locker room is run on fear by Callahan and company...don't know. I do think it starts with the coaches somewhere...

I remember the stories at Utah when Urban Meyer took over...the football team talked about his first few days. One of the first thing he did was have that team hit the weightroom. They were locked in and worked out until many of them became physically ill. The players knew who ran the program and in two years he took that team to a BCS game and an undefeated season. One could argue the schedule and a whole slew of other things, but that Utah team did not have the talent that many other teams have and it did win. The coaches led that team with an attitude and it transpired to the field.

Maybe the guys that buy into BC and his "I'll get you into the NFL" spiel aren't in our best interest.

Maybe that we traded-away coaching to get recruiting and it's kicking us in the ass.

Word from the raider lockerroom was that BC sucked the life out of the place. Maybe he did it again.

Maybe guys are probably sick of BC and Cally calling crap the players know they shouldn't.

Maybe players are sick of every loss being blamed on execution.

There are a lot of maybe's here but added-up you start to see why players aren't developing and/or going balls-out.

While I'm willing to place some blame on the players with previous games, I'm not so sure about Saturday. I watched some of the replays and things of that nature, and it looked to me like they were playing fired up. The D was hitting hard and playing hard. However, when you give a kid a hammer and tell him to dig a hole how successful will they be? I really thought the scheme especially on D was terrible. On the radio, I heard about going to a 3-4. Why in the world would you go to a 3-4 against a strong running team? The offense was moving the ball and doing ok in the first half when Watson was calling the plays. Once Clownahan got his dirty hands on them in the 2nd half, they folded.

Everyone is willing to blame Keller for not be almighty or Lucky for not hitting the holes. After seeing the schemes drawn up by this group idiot coaches, I'm just not sure that blaming the players for anything is warranted. How do we know that this staff doesn't tell Lucky to hesitate and wait for a hole to develop. How do we know that this staff doesn't tell Keller to keep throwing the short dump passes instead of looking down field trying to hit a homerun?

I dont think Callahan has lost these players, i think the players actually like this coaching staff, you can hear it from the interviews and i also got a chance to talk to a current player who is a walkon redshirt and he really likes the coaching staff so if this kid is treated good jsut think about how good these coaches treat the guys that actually see the field.

I think it is just an attitude, the coaches spend all week putting together this game plan and they drill it into our players, this will work, this will work over and over. Then when it doesnt work i think our players just get down on themselves and no body, player or coach is there, will step up rip somebodies ass and get some fire in these kids. Our coaches think that this scheme they spent so much time on is jsut perfect and when it doesnt work they say "oh we are really close, its jsut one play away" or " its jsut execution and responsibilty" and they really beleive this so why would they change schemes cause theres will work if you do the right things.

I think these coaches want to be friends with the players instead of being their coach. Bill Callahan has been credited with being a brilliant football mind by more than one person and i think all the players know he is a smart guy so when his schemes arent working the players look at themselves and Callahan says what did my players do wrong that didnt make this work, instead of saying what else can i do with my players to make them play better. You cant change your players in one week, but you can change a scheme and i think the coaches are so proud of there systems that they dont want to change them.

SK saw us as a chance to get to the nfl and now I think he sees that it aint happenin unless he has some amazing combines.....................

Nah...he'll still get drafted...like you said, most of the blame is falling on the coaching staff...rightly or wrongly, I still think Keller will be seen as a good player who was just on a bad, imploding team....

I dont think Callahan has lost these players, i think the players actually like this coaching staff, you can hear it from the interviews and i also got a chance to talk to a current player who is a walkon redshirt and he really likes the coaching staff so if this kid is treated good jsut think about how good these coaches treat the guys that actually see the field.

I think it is just an attitude, the coaches spend all week putting together this game plan and they drill it into our players, this will work, this will work over and over. Then when it doesnt work i think our players just get down on themselves and no body, player or coach is there, will step up rip somebodies ass and get some fire in these kids. Our coaches think that this scheme they spent so much time on is jsut perfect and when it doesnt work they say "oh we are really close, its jsut one play away" or " its jsut execution and responsibilty" and they really beleive this so why would they change schemes cause theres will work if you do the right things.

I think these coaches want to be friends with the players instead of being their coach. Bill Callahan has been credited with being a brilliant football mind by more than one person and i think all the players know he is a smart guy so when his schemes arent working the players look at themselves and Callahan says what did my players do wrong that didnt make this work, instead of saying what else can i do with my players to make them play better. You cant change your players in one week, but you can change a scheme and i think the coaches are so proud of there systems that they dont want to change them.

You are right these guys on this team love the coaches.........but I don't see the brilliance.......even when it comes to the west coast offense.........

I agree. Bill Callahan micromanages, and in doing so he is effectively gumming up the works. In addition, he has responded to the mobs by working harder, and in doing so he has made matters worse. I don't think it matters at this point, though . . . no self-respecting head coach would ever try to coach NU with Osborne looking over his shoulder. Callahan is gone; it's only a question of money.