Does Callahan really care about or has he ever care about NU football

If he had one once of love for NU he would resign now.........listening to the zone and Steve Sipple really some interesting points.........from the context of the interview looks like the lawyers have put the gag out on Local Media speculating and commenting on Billy C'S resignation.

How can Texas Tech grow a defense in one game after firing there defensive coordinator, but Billy C. is content to let this ship sink and hey while your at it......He'll take his buttload of cash with a smile and coach talk his way out of this season the man has no integrity.

If he had one once of love for NU he would resign now.........listening to the zone and Steve Sipple really some interesting points.........from the context of the interview looks like the lawyers have put the gag out on Local Media speculating and commenting on Billy C'S resignation.

How can Texas Tech grow a defense in one game after firing there defensive coordinator, but Billy C. is content to let this ship sink and hey while your at it......He'll take his buttload of cash with a smile and coach talk his way out of this season the man has no integrity.

He just doesn't give a rats ass what he does to the program. In his head, he is the greatest coach to ever walk on this green earth.

He doesn't give a rat's ass, possibly because this is the worst dump in the world for a college coach to end up at . . . at least, in terms of surviving the mobs. Too many fans with no real lives outside of Husker football.

Nothing short of a national championship will make these fans happy, and that will be practically impossible to come by, given the state of the program. NU fans won't wait 20+ years anymore for a coach to get around to it (as in Osborn's case). In other words, it's a coaching nightmare here now.

He doesn't give a rat's ass, possibly because this is the worst dump in the world for a college coach to end up at . . . at least, in terms of surviving the mobs. Too many fans with no real lives outside of Husker football.

Nothing short of a national championship will make these fans happy, and that will be practically impossible to come by, given the state of the program. NU fans won't wait 20+ years anymore for a coach to get around to it (as in Osborn's case). In other words, it's a coaching nightmare here now.

Osborne, from the start, had a winning tradition, never winning less than 9 games a season. I don't know what type of blinders you are wearing or what your eye-glass prescription is but maybe, just maybe, you should actually watch a game and witness for yourself what is happening in the program, this was happening before the mobs started calling for his head.

I think seeing the highlights of the Texas A&M vs Nebraska game and watching Callahan and Cosgrove yelling whatever at a Husker player, was the nail in the coffin. They looked like 2 guys knowing they're going to lose their jobs.

In all honesty I don't believe Callahan cared much more about NU football other than the fact it was a job. If Callahan believed in Nebraska Football, the players would believe in him. It all shows in the way the team plays the game.

I think seeing the highlights of the Texas A&M vs Nebraska game and watching Callahan and Cosgrove yelling whatever at a Husker player, was the nail in the coffin. They looked like 2 guys knowing they're going to lose their jobs.

In all honesty I don't believe Callahan cared much more about NU football other than the fact it was a job. If Callahan believed in Nebraska Football, the players would believe in him. It all shows in the way the team plays the game.

Do you think that Callahan was yelling? Well, just wait until Pellini gets here. You'll see some yelling like you've never seen before.

LOL

Do you think that Callahan was yelling? Well, just wait until Pellini gets here. You'll see some yelling like you've never seen before.

LOL

That was actually a decent comment, LOL! Ain't that the f'ing truth, Bo will rip into their asses so much they'll have to get ass transplants.

LOL

:wacko:

I thought you were leaving. Well, didn't you say you were not a Husker Fan anymore?

These threads saying he doesn't care/didn't care are just silly.

Yes. He cares. He did care. He took the job thinking he could do well in it--and we were all behind him, hoping he would/could do it. We were all excited about hearing of the top 10 recruiting classes.

He's in over his head--and is probably very disappointed. But he also doesn't want to give up, in all likelihood.

Yes. He cares. He did care. He took the job thinking he could do well in it--and we were all behind him, hoping he would/could do it. We were all excited about hearing of the top 10 recruiting classes.

He's in over his head--and is probably very disappointed. But he also doesn't want to give up, in all likelihood.

Okay maybe but one little inkling of integrity he would resign..........regents etc. have sweetened the pot to try and get him to resign but to no avail and there is no rationale as to why he has not fired cosgrove yet, he wants the net for everyone, he is greedy and self preservation is his only goal............not once have I seen one example of him putting the university first.

Second it would be so refreshing to have just some straight forward honest.......like Kubiak this weekend....hey I f'ing screwed up sorry..........

Callahan is a huge ego- maniac period.

LOL

I'm all for yelling at a player when it needs to be done. Every now and then they need a swift kick in the butt. However when you as a coach are yelling at a player and you have no idea how correct him, then you look like a pompous jerk, and probably shouldn't be coaching at all. :) At least when Pelini yell's he coaches the kid, then after it's all said and done he tells the kid he loves them. :) I don't see or hear any of this from Callagrove.

If he cared then why wasn't it until TO became AD that he finally decided to change some things up in order to try and right the ship? I have to agree w/another poster here...BC only cares about himself. He's not once ever put the University or team b4 himself. He's in it for the glory. He could care less if this program tanks. The good thing about it is that this is the 2nd time a program has tanked under his watch. Now maybe teams will be more cautious when hiring this fool. Too bad this happened at NU's expense. :angry: