Marlon Lucky

Lucky has a rep for going down easy. He was like that and started to run a little harder late last season. This season he is improved in getting YAC. He still isn't going to run over a defense and wear them down however he is doing better this season.

PS: Lucky would be 3rd string at best on the 94/95 team.

So that would mean he would be behind 2 of the best to ever play at NU? I'll take that.

people pick the 94, 95 teams, but it would apply to ANY osborne team. if this kid had a line he would be tearing things up. he might go down easier than some, but when there is a hole he is gone. period. end of discussion. i'd say the good outweighs the bad.

So that would mean he would be behind 2 of the best to ever play at NU? I'll take that.

1 Phillips, Lawrence IB 6-0 200 So. West Covina, Calif. (Baldwin Park)

21 Benning, Damon IB 5-11 205 So. Omaha, Neb. (Northwest)

26 Childs, Clinton IB 6-0 215 Jr. Omaha, Neb. (North)

47 Sims, Marvin IB 5-8 185 So. Apple Valley, Minn. (Apple Valley)

5 Lucky, Marlon IB 6-0 210 Jr. North Hollywood, Calif. (North Hollywood)

23 Uhlir, Todd IB 5-10 210 Fr. Battle Creek, Neb. (Battle Creek)

17 Davenport, Scott IB 5-6 190 Sr. Rye Brook, N.Y. (Port Chester)

More like this in my opinion.

Hold up there...

30 Green, Ahman

Hold up there...

30 Green, Ahman

Went with the 94-95 roster. Might notice that Lawrence and Benning are So.

I have to say that I'm a little confused to hear someone say that Lucky is not a gamebreaker. I think he is one of the few players on the team that could take it to the house from anywhere on the field. The only other guy that gets regular playing time that can do this is Hardy. I know Sean Hill did score from 70+ yards but I don't think that is the same, although he didn't get caught from behind. :wacko:

I think we should use Lucky like USC used Bush, get him into the open field and let him work. I don't think Bush was or is a great running back in a typical sense, I think the same about Lucky. I do like what Lucky brings to the table but I don't think we are using him to his full potential.

Helu may be able to do this once he gets a little more confidence. I love the way Castille runs the ball (when he holds onto it)but he won't be a back that scores on long runs regularly, I'm not sure he has the speed. Of coure, I have been wrong once before, I think.

please don't ever ever compare lucky to bush, compare lucky to cody glenn or other inefficient non game breaking backs.

Are you serious?

I don't see where I compared him to Bush, I stated that we should use him in the same fashion that USC used Bush. I wouldn't necessarily say that Marlon couldn't do some of the same things that Reggie did if he was surrounded with that much talent, however I don't think he is as talented as Reggie is.

By the way your posts so far are not going to make you a popular member of the forum. If you are going to state your opinions you should atleast give some insight as to why, not throw blanket statements around. ;)

WHAT I MEANT IS BUSH WAS A HOME RUN THREAT EVERY PLAY LIKE CROUCH, FRAZIER, ETC., ETC. CASTILLE RUNS HARD LUCKY DOESN'T. IF YOU WATCHED WHEN B. JACKSON PLAYED HE RAN WITH HEART. I DON'T THINK LUCKY DOES THAT.

Lucky showed that he could break runs for long gains, nearly taking a pitch to the house against texas. Lucky has shown improvement, and ran harder against texas. Castille is a good back I like them both, I think Lucky should start , while bringing in Castille to give Lucky a breather, and for short yardage runs, though Castille is fast for his size.

GO BIG RED

Just a tidbit, Marlon has a better per carry average (4.9) than quentin castille (4.6) and roy helu (4.3). Also, last season, his production supposedly "dropped off" even though he had almost the same ypc as brandon jackson (5.2 to 5.3). I don't think there's any evidence that these players are better than marlon or any reason that they should be starting ahead of him. Just my thoughts! GO HUSKERS!

Its like Bret Meyer at ISU, the only reason he is second in career passing yards in the NCAA is because he has started for four years not because he is good. What took Meyer 4 years to get to, took someone else 2 or 3 years.

2nd in career passing in the NCAA? Might wanna look that up man, he is nooooooooooooowhere even close to that.

FWIW, the "second in career passing yards" is in reference to the Big 12:

Bret Meyer is 2nd all-time in the Big 12 with 9,149 yards passing.......... but Graham Harrell is nipping at his heels with 8,956 yards. [Kliff Kingsbury is 1st with 12,054 yards]

I think we haven't even seen a little bit of what he can do. Our line the last two years has been less than spectacular. People say he isn't very good when compared with other running backs across the country, but if he had a line like some of the top schools, i have no doubt that he'd be a 1500 yard back. Also, in reference to him "dancing around" and not finding the holes, the offense that we run rarely "creates" a hole. the whole line shifts until a seam opens up and that is when he breaks through the line. If there is no seam, he goes nowhere, which has been seen far too often this season.

Just a tidbit, Marlon has a better per carry average (4.9) than quentin castille (4.6) and roy helu (4.3). Also, last season, his production supposedly "dropped off" even though he had almost the same ypc as brandon jackson (5.2 to 5.3). I don't think there's any evidence that these players are better than marlon or any reason that they should be starting ahead of him. Just my thoughts! GO HUSKERS!

How dare you come here and post facts!! :thumbs