I've done an excellent job in every area

Dave, I'm curious. Is part of your job as moderator STICKING UP FOR HIM????? For crying out loud, he said he was doing an excellent job and he's NOWHERE NEAR THE GUY HE REPLACED!!!!!!!! As I said, I'm just curious.

Hey, just because I am not at the guys throat constantly doesn't mean I am sticking up for him. It's more than obvious that a lot of Husker fans simply wait with baited breath for the next quote to come out so they can go OMG YOU bELIEVE HE SAID THAT GEEZ!!11! That's my point. Nothing more, nothing less. I understand that posts that don't say OMG CALLAHAN IS TEH DEBIL are in the minority lately, but I trust you can understand what I am saying.

Dave, I'm curious. Is part of your job as moderator STICKING UP FOR HIM????? For crying out loud, he said he was doing an excellent job and he's NOWHERE NEAR THE GUY HE REPLACED!!!!!!!! As I said, I'm just curious.

Hey, just because I am not at the guys throat constantly doesn't mean I am sticking up for him. It's more than obvious that a lot of Husker fans simply wait with baited breath for the next quote to come out so they can go OMG YOU bELIEVE HE SAID THAT GEEZ!!11! That's my point. Nothing more, nothing less. I understand that posts that don't say OMG CALLAHAN IS TEH DEBIL are in the minority lately, but I trust you can understand what I am saying.

Ok. It just seems to me that "In the beginning" you were 150% behind him and ANYONE who questioned the way Frank got canned..(whether they thought he deserved it or not) were reactionary idiots.

Ok. It just seems to me that "In the beginning" you were 150% behind him and ANYONE who questioned the way Frank got canned..(whether they thought he deserved it or not) were reactionary idiots.

I am still behind him in as much as he's the coach of my favorite team and if I want to support the team, well, he is the coach. That and during a time of transition I think the program needs as much support as it can get. If we go through yet another one, even though I have my thoughts as who I wouldn't like to see as coach, I'll still support the team.

That being said, this season has really taken it out of me. I really have no idea what's going on and why there is such a LARGE difference between last year in getting to the Big 12 championship and this year being 4-4 at this point. I can't even know.

the part that chaps my ass, is he is laying the failure off on the kids entirely. "i have done an excellent job" is a total cop out, 100% bullsh#t story! you don't hear Charlie Weiss saying sh#t like that. he goes to his interview and takes his lumps like a man. with bc it is always about the failure of the D or O to execute. no sh#t Sherlock, maybe the failure of the kids to execute is due to at least some part account of the failure to stress fundamentals or some basic coaching techniques?

i am sorry, but this sh#t just doesn't cut it for me. if others are buying it, well as usual i have some beach front property in Az. for sale, cheap!

The fact of the matter is that the guy can't say anything right with some people. If it's not one thing it's the other.

We as Nebraska fans witnessed excellence for the better part of 40 straight years. We know excellence. This is far from excellence.

While that's a good thing, it's also part of the problem IMO. Husker fans were spoiled by the "excellence". Recent husker history has certainly brought "the greatest fans in college football" down a notch or four and I think we are starting to see the real character of the typical husker fan. One who leaves early, boos, etc etc.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. The boos have nothing to do with losing. And they have nothing to do with getting blown out. They have to do with players who play like they don't give a sh#t and a coaching staff that coaches like this is little league. Yeah, stay in the 4-3 both halves even if it's not working. Keep McKlown in even if he tries to arm tackle Lane for the fifteenth time. Nevermind Keller thinks ass cheeks can catch balls––Ganz probably doesn't want to play anyway.

Wake up. Demanding excellence from excellent talent in an excellent program has nothing to do with being spoiled. And in case you don't read anything but your own posts, the former players have had it, too.

I don't support a team that quits, and I don't support a staff that fails to uphold Nebraska's tradition. Oh yeah, I know, I'm a horrible fan, shouldn't call myself a Husker, wah wah wah, but at the end of the day Nebraska stands for a lot more than winning and losing, and what it stands for these kids, by and large, ain't got.

X

So you'd agree that Husker fans are no different than any other "passionate" fan? Surely what you said could apply to the FSU's of the word. That's the point I'm driving at.

The mystique of the Husker fan base has more to do with our treatment of opposing teams. We applaud their efforts, even if they lose. I myself congratulated an SC fan after they demolished us. Most fans don't do that sort of thing, and to my knowledge, no opposing team this season has gotten an ill reception despite the beatings we've taken in our own house.

Our fan base is showing its intolerance of quitters, slackers, fools and pretenders. They boo our loss of tradition, our lack of effort, and the general acceptance of the sub-par status quo around here. I'd be more concerned if half this board was still spewing the "more time" line for Callahan, honestly. I'm quite proud of the way we've managed to be cordial to teams kicking our ass as our burning history exposes our hollowness to the world.

Please, let's just drop the bad fan nonsense and focus on something less trivial. Like, say, our incompetent coach or the arm-tackling linebackers.

X

the part that chaps my ass, is he is laying the failure off on the kids entirely. "i have done an excellent job" is a total cop out, 100% bullsh#t story! you don't hear Charlie Weiss saying sh#t like that. he goes to his interview and takes his lumps like a man.

I don't know, do you? I have only ever listened to a few of his press conferences and he comes off as very arrogant.

I am still behind him in as much as he's the coach of my favorite team and if I want to support the team, well, he is the coach. That and during a time of transition I think the program needs as much support as it can get. If we go through yet another one, even though I have my thoughts as who I wouldn't like to see as coach, I'll still support the team.

That being said, this season has really taken it out of me. I really have no idea what's going on and why there is such a LARGE difference between last year in getting to the Big 12 championship and this year being 4-4 at this point. I can't even know.

Yeah there has been a huge dropoff this year, but that's not new to Callahan. Say what you want about implementing that "radical" west coast offense in 2004, but what happened to the defense is what was terrifying. Callahan & co. took the best defense in the country in 2003 and turned it into one of the absolute worst in 2004 with the exact same players!

Callahan's recruits get worse with each passing year in the program, which is pretty pathetic. You notice how full of promise Lucky and Glenn were when they arrived? Now look at them- they've regressed. Helu and Castille look much more explosive, but I suppose if we give them a few years under Callahan their skills will denegrate quite nicely.

His players are getting worse- that seems to be my best explanation. Principally because of a lack of proper strength and conditioning, but when combined with inept coaching and play calling it is a recipe for disaster.

Supposedly he's good at recruiting- that's one thing everyone gives him credit for. I might add that all this recruiting crap is largely BS. You need to recruit the players you need, not the players that rivals says are the best. Tom Osborne always had recruiting classes ranked in the 20s and 30s- I think it panned out alright for him.

the part that chaps my ass, is he is laying the failure off on the kids entirely. "i have done an excellent job" is a total cop out, 100% bullsh#t story! you don't hear Charlie Weiss saying sh#t like that. he goes to his interview and takes his lumps like a man.

I don't know, do you? I have only ever listened to a few of his press conferences and he comes off as very arrogant.

Holy crap a Charlie Weis defender I thought a comet killed all of them.

Callahan(tuesday conf)

"I've done an excellent job in every area. It's hard for the media to know, but what we've done off the field, and what we've done on the field. I think it's well-documented."

I really think that he knows he's gone and he's just playing a game. The game is "how much can I get away with?"

Seriously. I can't believe he really believes that... or can he? I've lost all respect for the man.

Was he drunk? :waste He had to have been under the influence of something. What documentaion is this guy talking about! :confucius