Watson?

A couple thoughts ...

1 - Remember that Pelini was a coordinator that got canned after remaining loyal to a program. I don't think he would dismiss the guy out of hand if Watson really wanted to bleed Husker Red.

2 - Watson may be the tie to the WCO that current recruits need to stay committed to NU. Therefore, he might get a year to prove himself and keep continuity in the offense while Bo goes to work on fixing a pathetic defense.

A couple thoughts ...

1 - Remember that Pelini was a coordinator that got canned after remaining loyal to a program. I don't think he would dismiss the guy out of hand if Watson really wanted to bleed Husker Red.

2 - Watson may be the tie to the WCO that current recruits need to stay committed to NU. Therefore, he might get a year to prove himself and keep continuity in the offense while Bo goes to work on fixing a pathetic defense.

Bo's not going to come back to be DC. He's the top asst coac in the country so ll kinds of schools will want him for HC.

A couple thoughts ...

Bo's not going to come back to be DC. He's the top asst coac in the country so ll kinds of schools will want him for HC.

i see no where in that post where it says he's coming back as a DC...

A couple thoughts ...

Yes, that's what everyone is saying. The HC can still fix the defense.

I would be shocked if a new HC wouldn't bring in his own guy. At NU, Watson is tied to BC. He is here if he is named Head Coach. Otherwise....

Exactly. Who would accept a head coaching position when the AD says "But I get to name your assistants." They're all gone if Callahan goes.

Even Cally was smart enough to keep a couple of current assistants to help with the transition.

A couple thoughts ...

Yes, that's what everyone is saying. The HC can still fix the defense.

Who's to say he can't be his own DC?

Ozzy was his own OC for a long time.