coaching change next week?

I have no insider info and I know nothing, I'm simply wondering what all of you think. Assuming we lose to Texas on Saturday, is there any chance that Callahan "resigns" next week?

I really thought we would hear something this week, but obviously that's not the case.

He is not going to resign...too much money on the table. And it is not Osborne's way to fire a guy during the season. No changes until the end of the season. Only my opinion of course.

The other factor is Osborne wants to go to a bowl game and, however slight the chance of that happening is, that chance goes down if he changes head coach. He just has to win two more games so it is not impossible. It is all about money my friend.

I honstely wouldn't be surprised either way. I tend to side with the hopeful and believe that after this massacre on Saturday he will have the dignity to bow out before it gets any worse. We've got 4 chances to make two wins, and everyone knows that with Callahan at the helm we're pretty much out of that race.

On top of that all of the rumors at this point, the realiable sources as well as the pretenders, seemed to indicate that the Texas game would somehow be a factor in when he will resign. If we lose closely or, God forbid, pull out a win, I find it unlikely he'll resign untiil Osborne makes him at the end of the year. That said, if we do get shellacked again, I hope the rumors are true. Callahan's out.

X

I think the University should do what it takes to get BC out of here. I was reading the OWH article on Gabbert, and it seems he might consider re-upping if Watson stays.

I know that some of the rumors suggest Watson would get first crack at the OC job with a new coach. In the meantime, if BC did "resign," we could name Watson the interim HC and hope he can attract some recruits back with the promise that he'll be around in 2008.

Plus, I just think the team needs to turn the page on BC and Cosgrove and move forward with the younger assistants.

I have no insider info and I know nothing, I'm simply wondering what all of you think. Assuming we lose to Texas on Saturday, is there any chance that Callahan "resigns" next week?

I really thought we would hear something this week, but obviously that's not the case.

He is not going to resign...too much money on the table. And it is not Osborne's way to fire a guy during the season. No changes until the end of the season. Only my opinion of course.

The other factor is Osborne wants to go to a bowl game and, however slight the chance of that happening is, that chance goes down if he changes head coach. He just has to win two more games so it is not impossible. It is all about money my friend.

Osborne says after the season. Callahan says he won't resign. We are stuck with BC until after CU, which will be our last game. As long as BC is here the team has zero chance of going bowling, unless it is in funny looking, spray disinfected, shoes. I believe our chances would actually go up if under someone elses leadership. The interim guy would be 1. Someone the players respect 2. A guy who would simplify matters to where they could take a more "go out and just play football approach." Therefore, the players would actually find it fun to play. Still a long shot to win 2 games that way, though. Callahans overly clinical style works well on paper, not so much with real human beings.

If it is another blowout...he may resign to save what is left of his fast fading career. Or another possibility would be that boosters buy him out...but I kind of doubt that one, or it would have been done already.

Word on the street is that IS what's happeneing but Callahan is pushing back for more ca-ching.

We'll see how it pans out, but with the rest of our season looking so glum, I think it's only a matter of time before someone important makes a move.

X

How well do the players like watson? is the the kind of coach that if cally would go bye-bye and watson would take over as interim that the players would rally around him and play together and start to care a little bit, because we have alot of talent we just need a spark to light these kids up...could that be watson if all this goes down the way we all hope?

All this is just more evidence that BC didn't come here to continue with the tradition of Nebraska Football. He wanted to make a name for himself while cashing in...had nothing to do with the tradition that we have. He is nothing but a carpet bagger, plain and simple. I personally hope he never works again in Football, college or NFL. He is nothing but a loser, and is not dedicated to nobody but himself and his pocketbook.

How well do the players like watson? is the the kind of coach that if cally would go bye-bye and watson would take over as interim that the players would rally around him and play together and start to care a little bit, because we have alot of talent we just need a spark to light these kids up...could that be watson if all this goes down the way we all hope?

doubtful, will take a whole off season to get the attitude changed around and the whole work ethic changed for the better. cally has had 4 years to f#*k things up, it will take anyone at least an off season to start making changes.

two wins puts Nebraska at 6-6...and the Big 12 will have too many bowl eligble bowl teams for its alotted bids. They must finish 3-1 to make a bowl game.