DeLone charged

DJR313

Once again, just like the Pacers / Detroit incident, buying a ticket doesn't give you the right to say or do whatever you want, or be on the field of play. If this f*g, er, uh, I mean ruf nek was so close to the warm ups and saying who knows what, then he got what he deserves. You gotta be pretty stupid or have some serious brass to be talkin' sh*t to a 300lb + lineman in full gear. At least give yourself some running room.

Fn Hillbillies!

GBR - for better or worse!

I think that they are taking this a little too far. I think that the school should suspend him for a game or for at least a couple of quarters and that should be it. You don't see people bringing up charges when there is a fight between players on the field.

It depends what is all true and which story is right. If he went over to him and head butted him and pushed him 20 foot then he should probs get charged. But if was an accidental collision or if rufneks did something to him first then I see your point. Which two coaches from Nu seen it and said it wasn't a big deal and just a collision?

"Kuykendall said numerous witnesses reported that DeLone pointed to the Ruf/Neks and ran his thumb across his throat in a threatening motion before he and Muhammad executed a drill that caused them to run toward the group.

"DeLone hit the victim 12 feet outside the playing field with such force that it sent Merritt back into a brick retaining wall and metal gate," Kuykendall said. "It knocked him about 8 feet, resulting in his injuries."

The reports sounds like the act was pretty malicious. I think the throat slash gesture might qualify to make it pre-meditated assault. I think the ruf(red)/neks are ridiculous and an incident was inevitable like Callahan said, but DeLone is probably gonna get hung out to dry for this.

"Kuykendall said numerous witnesses reported that DeLone pointed to the Ruf/Neks and ran his thumb across his throat in a threatening motion before he and Muhammad executed a drill that caused them to run toward the group.

"DeLone hit the victim 12 feet outside the playing field with such force that it sent Merritt back into a brick retaining wall and metal gate," Kuykendall said. "It knocked him about 8 feet, resulting in his injuries."

The reports sounds like the act was pretty malicious. I think the throat slash gesture might qualify to make it pre-meditated assault. I think the ruf(red)/neks are ridiculous and an incident was inevitable like Callahan said, but DeLone is probably gonna get hung out to dry for this.

My sentiments exactly. It just seems so archaic that these hooligans get a free pass to run roughshed around the field "taunting" the other players directly in their faces. BUT,,, this incident is unacceptable and he should get what he deserves. Delone that is,, not the neck.