After the turnover

Where's the rant about how Callahan went NFL conservative after we got the interception?

We needed points then and there. Our energy was back up. Instead, we do two runs up the middle and one shot at the end zone. It's not like we couldn't get guys open for 8, 10, 15 yards.

But we went three and out. The defense, which made one of its biggest plays of the year, goes right back on the field.

That blown opportunity falls on the coach in my book.

I know, I know. He's trying to eat some clock and play a field-position game. But this defense has routinely given up 95-yard drives this year. We needed to be aggressive and get points. Period.

Where's the rant about how Callahan went NFL conservative after we got the interception?

We needed points then and there. Our energy was back up. Instead, we do two runs up the middle and one shot at the end zone. It's not like we couldn't get guys open for 8, 10, 15 yards.

But we went three and out. The defense, which made one of its biggest plays of the year, goes right back on the field.

I know, I know. He's trying to eat some clock and play a field-position game. But this defense has routinely given up 95-yard drives this year. We needed to be aggressive and get points. Period.

Callahan doesn't understand the importance of momentum and energy in the college game.

Callahan doesn't understand the importance of momentum and energy in the college game.

True. We make something happen there, get even a field goal, the momentum grows for us. Going 3 and out was the 2nd biggest coaching failure of the game. First was Cosgrunt not adjust to the zone-read option.

Mentioned it in a few of my post. I think it say more about the play calling rather then the kids. Almost every time they tried throw for more then their usual 10 yards something good happened and then all of a sudden he stops calling it until the very end.

True. We make something happen there, get even a field goal, the momentum grows for us. Going 3 and out was the 2nd biggest coaching failure of the game. First was Cosgrunt not adjust to the zone-read option.

well, he did finally grow some balls and but 8 in the box most of the day.

I thought this was the key to the game, too. Horrible play-calling. You don't burn clock with over six minutes to go in the game when you have a potential spirit-killing trunover deep in your opponent's territory. If we put seven more points on the board there that 86-yard run doesn't kill us, it just gets them closer.