Shawn Watson calling plays...

Just a few questions...I'm extremely confused.

With Watson essentially taking over Callahan's duties (in play-calling)...where does that leave Cally? We pretty much know that his position isn't that of a motivator. What exactly are his duties, now? Today, did Watson pretty much show that he could fill Callahan's shoes?

Something was significantly different today. I don't know what it was...but I was fired up for the FIRST TIME this season...especially after the Asante blast to McCoy. :woo

I'm somewhat lost to what I think. And, I hate to say that next week will answer our questions. Have the questions changed?

Actually, today kind of pissed me off. What the hell are we to think of our team?

I witnessed a Nebraska team, today, that could hang with most top 25 teams. Somehow, Cosgrove managed to earn some respect from me...never thought that would happen. We ran more blitzes today than we have all season combined. And the schemes pretty much worked.

I guess my question is this: where does today's game leave us as fans? How should we feel about our coaching situation? What are we to think?

:wtf

Essentially, and I hate to say this, I was more comfortable with us being blown out. At least those losses allowed me to KNOW that a change was coming.

I hope this thread made some sense concerning my confusion.

*As a side note, I believe that many of our defensive players have earned their blackshirts back.

Just an few questions...I'm extremely confused.

With Watson essentially taking over Callahan's duties (in play-calling)...where does that leave Cally? We pretty much know that his position isn't that of a motivator. What exactly are his duties, now? Today, did Watson pretty much show that he could fill Callahan's shoes?

Something was significantly different today. I don't know what it was...but I was fired up for the FIRST TIME this season...especially after the Asante blast to McCoy. :woo

I'm somewhat lost to what I think. And, I hate to say that next week will answer our questions. Have the questions changed?

Actually, today kind of pissed me off. What the hell are we to think of our team?

I witnessed a Nebraska team, today, that could hang with most top 25 teams. Somehow, Cosgrove managed to earn some respect from me...never thought that would happen. We ran more blitzes today than we have all season combined. And the schemes pretty much worked.

I guess my question is this: where does today's game leave us as fans? How should we feel about our coaching situation? What are we to think?

:wtf

Essentially, and I hate to say this, I was more comfortable with us being blown out. At least those losses allowed me to KNOW that a change was coming.

I hope this thread made some sense concerning my confusion.

*As a side note, I believe that many of our defensive players have earned their blackshirts back.

Change is coming no matter what. TO is here to find a new HC, end of story. As far as what BC is here for it should be obvious. Shameless self-promoter is his new title.

"teh...teh-Heh!" Jeez. <_<

That's not a reply. I'm seriously sitting here in Lincoln, Nebraska scratching my damn head.

Nebraska looked respectable today. If I were to take all the previous losses and embarrassments out of my mind...I would take today's loss to Texas in stride.

I was proud of our team today...and I haven't felt that way since, well, 2006 and our win over Texas A & M.

That's all I'm saying. :corndance

I was very proud of our guys today as well but this was one game. What will happen next week? We play Kansas at Lawrence. If our boys play as tough as they did today for the rest of the season then I will be confused as to what our next move will be coaching wise. However, I think the writing is on the wall.

TLS2

I have NO problem with the way these kids played in any way. they played thier hearts out and I loved it. As far as coachig???? Watson calling the plays is the only way to go. The kids have a little success and thier confidence grows during the game. I didn't see that at all before. It did apear that Callahan took the play calling back in the 3rd quarter. It looked that way to me but I honestly don't know. He wasn't carring around that play sheet in the first half. The offense when straight in the crapper at that time. HUH I dono what to think of that. Also, I'm not so sure Coz is calling the defense anymore either.

One thing I REALLY liked was Callahan showing some FIRE and DESIRE. He was about the stick his fist straight through the back of the reffs neck. LOL He certainly didn't hide his feelings there. In fact I saw and it was easy to see him say "that is f88ked up!" And the hits the defense was making.... HOT DAM that was nice. I still do not think McKeon is playing up to his ability and the performance drops concideraly when he come in. Other wise I loved the game it was fun as hell and as usual I watched it with a ton of husker fans.

GBR

As far as futrue coaching/???????? Our OC and Defensive line coach have had to step up and try to save ANTHING they can. Dignity, self respect, and round the herd up. I don't think the "evaluation" should have to take too long. It is blatenly obvious that these coaches failed miserably no matter what others do to help them.

I was very proud of our guys today as well but this was one game. What will happen next week? We play Kansas at Lawrence. If our boys play as tough as they did today for the rest of the season then I will be confused as to what our next move will be coaching wise. However, I think the writing is on the wall.

TLS2

Since it is an away game, I give the Huskers a darned good chance of an upset. They learned yesterday that they can play good football, despite what the adolescent Nebraska media and the childlike NU fan base has been telling them. Playing away from Lincoln is the best thing that can happen for this team.

Lincoln's fans are a sad lot of pethetic losers that live vicariously through a football team. They need lives.

Tom Shatel is a tool. I hope nobody on this NU team has the misfortune to read his OWH columns. He's never been an athlete, and has enough trouble just talking without stuttering.

I'll always support this team, win or lose. If Callahan stays, that's great . . . it's the best chance NU has of regaining strength. If another coach comes in, that's fine too, and I will still support the team . . . although I don't think that we will see another conference championship in the next decade.

gratefulhusker, I know what you mean. It's games like this one that make me feel somewhat good about how the coaching staff got the players to play better. See this makes me feel as if perhaps I've quit on the coaches a little too early. Having said that I'll be happy when Callahan leaves the program as I don't feel this program can continue to make progress under him. The Cornhuskers made me proud once again today. It's the first time and quite a few weeks that I felt they played with great emotion and didn't quit even when they were down by 10 late in the game.

callahan will still be gone at the end of the year.. with the comments he has made about osbourne in the past go to show that he has no respect for nebraska tradition.. TO is obviously pissed about the walk-on program and isnt too big of a fan of the offense.. also, name the players that have come in and GOTTEN BETTER under the callahan-era? Zac Taylor? who else has come in and shown that they are what they were supposed to be.. despite looking better yesterday than we have all year.. cally will not be around next year, and shouldnt be around..

It was very cool to see Callahan cursing at the refs ( I agree with Cally on this one) I also think the refs missed a pass interference call later in the game that couldve given NU the game. It is too bad Cally hasnt shown this kind of emotion all year, or his job might have been safer.

TLS2

Since it is an away game, I give the Huskers a darned good chance of an upset. They learned yesterday that they can play good football, despite what the adolescent Nebraska media and the childlike NU fan base has been telling them. Playing away from Lincoln is the best thing that can happen for this team.

Lincoln's fans are a sad lot of pethetic losers that live vicariously through a football team. They need lives.

Tom Shatel is a tool. I hope nobody on this NU team has the misfortune to read his OWH columns. He's never been an athlete, and has enough trouble just talking without stuttering.

I'll always support this team, win or lose. If Callahan stays, that's great . . . it's the best chance NU has of regaining strength. If another coach comes in, that's fine too, and I will still support the team . . . although I don't think that we will see another conference championship in the next decade.

If you are on this message board, then you are probably one of the "pethetic" losers that live vicariously through the team, too. Try your spell-check.