zac taylor has some words for huskernation

hack

link

Trust me, I know people are frustrated because they look at this season and see what is happening. I can completely understand that. I just think this staff needs one more shot, one more season to see what they can do. We have the talent to make this thing work and turn it around. The fans will not be disappointed. I honestly think this season is a fluke; I was there for two months this season, I see the problems and I know that they can and will be corrected.

Yowza, again.

Zac Taylor will always go down, and be remembered by me, as one of the BEST quarterbacks in Nebraska football history. I always loved the guy, from his demeanor to his performance. It's a shame we couldn't have him back for another year (or two). Made me proud to be a Cornhusker. As a visiting fan, people would constantly talk trash (as expected) about NU, yet they would never have a negative thing to say about Taylor...and I loved it.

But now is now. As Zac states, "if we could have a freshman quarterback in here, the offense would REALLY take off." If there's one thing we have seen...BC has decided this will not happen. And, I really hope that it doesn't take a quarterback 3 years for an offense to officially set-in.

I admire Zac's courage in this email.

All I can say is this: the Nebraska Cornhuskers are likely to be 4-8 at season's end. Depending on semantics and whom you ask...this may be the WORST season in Nebraska football history. If someone even brings up parity, I'll club this baby seal.

There is a problem. And, I know, this is not because a quarterback hasn't been afforded the opportunity to learn the offense. If so, then kill Nebraska football under Bill Callahan. Our Quarterbacks are not the problem.

Our QBs can not account for the massive yards yielded by our defense. This has nothing to do with our quarterbacks learning the offense. Perhaps Cally should "dumb-it-down" a bit, then? Perhaps lose the 50-lb playbook?

Personally, I'm at a crossroads. I've always liked Callahan, regardless of our performance. The things that he has done (fun run, etc.) made me proud. However, the back of my mind screams "Please fire Cally" while the other says..."is HE really to blame?"

I need counseling.

Yowza, again.

. As Zac states, "if we could have a freshman quarterback in here, the offense would REALLY take off." If there's one thing we have seen...BC has decided this will not happen.

What he said was wait until we have QB's who have come through the program from their freshman year, not to put in a freshman QB.

Just have this to say 4 years

1 - no bowl game

2- bowl win Michigan

3- bowl loss Auburn

4- no bowl game

Nebraka University depends on money from the bowls and to go 2 years out of 4 should tell you that this is not working.

Worst defense possibly ever and is the offense any better?

What has this coaching staff done to even give a glimmer of hope that next season will be any better?

Even if they were close to winning most of the game you have to admit that Callahan has been out coached each and every game.

How would this staff beable to recruit next year?

Last but not least do we really want to go through another year of speculation and rumors about how this coaching staff should be fired and who should be hired.

At least if we got new staff we wouldn't have to listen to "fire the coaches" threads for the next 2 years. That would probably make it all worthwhile right there. :sarcasm

I wouldn't say that with any sarcasm. The "Fire____" threads almost keep me away from the boards. But worse are the "The Huskers suck" threads. GTFO already. Oh, and my personal favorite, "Let (backup QB name) play!" All a bunch of BS from people who seemingly know just enough to be dangerous with a keyboard.

i don't think anyone here, and i mean anyone, could stand to see this type of season again next year, while giving these same coaches one more chance. i just think enough is enough. honestly, i don't believe T.O. could hire a worse coaching staff, i just don't think that is possible.

there is absolutely no sense in prolonging this any longer.

I respect the $hit out of Zac, and I will always consider him one of my favorite Husker players. That said, I KNOW that these players and coaches do not want to lose. I KNOW that they are trying. What I do not know is why I have to keep reading all of these articles that try to justify this staff and this season. I appreciate the effort yesterday, but Husker football is not Jr. High football. By this I mean that I do not want to get sucked into this "it is not whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game" mentality. Husker football is larger than any one coach, even if he is your friend.

At least if we got new staff we wouldn't have to listen to "fire the coaches" threads for the next 2 years. That would probably make it all worthwhile right there. :sarcasm

I wouldn't say that with any sarcasm. The "Fire____" threads almost keep me away from the boards. But worse are the "The Huskers suck" threads. GTFO already. Oh, and my personal favorite, "Let (backup QB name) play!" All a bunch of BS from people who seemingly know just enough to be dangerous with a keyboard.

I know a little more than just typing on a keyboard. Answer this. Why hasn't Ganz played when games were out of control? He is the favorite to be the starter next season. Shouldn't he get game experiance when it is available? Having him sit when down by 30+ in the 4th quarter is rediculous. You can't develop talent that way. Callahan hasn't developed talent. Developing talent is what seperates the Great from the good, the good from the average and the average from the bad.

Keep in mind that Taylor is Callahans boy. He will always stand up for Callahan. I have no problem with ZT being loyal to his former coaches. But you need to keep that in mind when he speaks to the press.

Taylor's whole letter is pointless becaue his whole premise is that a qb needs to be in the system at least two years to "click." He then says we should give BC one more year. Guess what Zac, we will have another first year qb next year, so why should we expect an improvement next year?

Zac is defending Callahan and the offense, but this does not account for the defense -- which I believe is the larger issue.

I was excited yesterday to see the way the team came about played Texas hard, but in the end, the team still gave up over 500 yards to Texas and allow a guy to rush for 290 yards!

Maybe Callahan's offense can work as Zac defends, but it will not win any championships with these defensive coaches.

Taylor's whole letter is pointless becaue his whole premise is that a qb needs to be in the system at least two years to "click." He then says we should give BC one more year. Guess what Zac, we will have another first year qb next year, so why should we expect an improvement next year?

Exactly!!

This is college football! We don't get to keep a QB for four or five years to learn a system.