zac taylor has some words for huskernation

hack

Zac, I love you buddy, but this has long since ceased to be a debate about the veracity of the WCO in college, or a question about who or what kind of quartback we need. In fact there is no debate anymore. The problems with this team and this staff go so deep to the core fo what Nebraska is that there is no salvation at this point. Too much has been lost. The fans and the program don't have another year to wait for this mythical "right quarterback" to appear.

Our team took 6 games before they showed any signs of life. That is not Nebraska. That is not what we're all about. And the coaching staff that fielded this team is rightfully made to take the blame.

X

Zac,

Even though you're opinion is probably worth more than any other opinion on any message board ever, you have to understand that the fans can't be told anything different than they are already convinced of. 10000 foot views > *. Thanks for your support and GBR!

The QB observation is enormous. You need to remember that there were two QB's that would have fit the billing that ended up elsewhere . . . Freeman (paying for his bad decision by facing two more years at KSU) and Harrison Beck, a kid that was the victim of his mom's tantrum, transferred and regretted it the very next week.

NU coaches are guilty of trying to win NOW by filling in with JC transfers. I understand the imperitive to win NOW, but NU has not had a single 4-year commitment at QB for 3 years. That hurts terribly.

Although Keller is a fine QB, he doesn't fit in well as a college QB running the WCO. He is relatively immobile and checks away from downfield recievers too quickly. Having said that, he is probably the best we had at the position this year.

I agree with Taylor; this season is a fluke. I have believed that all along. The coaches will fix it given the opportunity, but they really need a LOT more time. It's not a year-by-year thing.

How in the world did Joe Pa ever survive HIS 4-7 season?

This team and its coaches would greatly benefit from good fan support. Many of them have felt as if they have been under a bus since their arrival.

I hope the current coaching staff remains and gets a vote of confidence from Osborne. If that doesn't happen, we may not see another bowl game for a decade or more.

The QB observation is enormous. You need to remember that there were two QB's that would have fit the billing that ended up elsewhere . . . Freeman (paying for his bad decision by facing two more years at KSU) and Harrison Beck, a kid that was the victim of his mom's tantrum, transferred and regretted it the very next week.

NU coaches are guilty of trying to win NOW by filling in with JC transfers. I understand the imperitive to win NOW, but NU has not had a single 4-year commitment at QB for 3 years. That hurts terribly.

Although Keller is a fine QB, he doesn't fit in well as a college QB running the WCO. He is relatively immobile and checks away from downfield recievers too quickly. Having said that, he is probably the best we had at the position this year.

I agree with Taylor; this season is a fluke. I have believed that all along. The coaches will fix it given the opportunity, but they really need a LOT more time. It's not a year-by-year thing.

This team and its coaches would greatly benefit from good fan support. Many of them have felt as if they have been under a bus since their arrival.

I hope the current coaching staff remains and gets a vote of confidence from Osborne. If that doesn't happen, we may not see another bowl game for a decade or more.

if you can continue to support THESE coaches then you have the patience of a saint! Coz especially, is a disaster and cally is obsessed with making the sytem harder to run/understand than it needs to be.

i disagree, this is no fluke, this is a coaching nightmare, period.

if you can continue to support THESE coaches then you have the patience of a saint! Coz especially, is a disaster and cally is obsessed with making the sytem harder to run/understand than it needs to be.

i disagree, this is no fluke, this is a coaching nightmare, period.

Yes, I do have a lot of patience. And I think that is absolutely necessary for long term success. If you're looking for immediate success, you have a 90% chance of immediate disappointment. The odds of long term success are substantially higher.

Where are all the other Callahan graduates rallying to support their former coach?

I think Zac pretty much nailed it on the head. He said he was here for two months and could see the problems. Zac should have told Callahan what the problems were cause he doesn't have a frickin clue.

Four years is long enough. How much more time do we give Callahan? I don't believe for a minute that one more year will do it, it would take 2-3 years at a minimum. How far we will have dropped by that point? Plus, for me and many other Husker fans it isn't just about wins & losses, it's about the change in culture and total lack of respect for the past. Also, do you really think Callahan wants to stay and coach under Osborne? I certainly don't think so.

i don't think anyone here, and i mean anyone, could stand to see this type of season again next year, while giving these same coaches one more chance. i just think enough is enough. honestly, i don't believe T.O. could hire a worse coaching staff, i just don't think that is possible.

there is absolutely no sense in prolonging this any longer.

It would free up some time on my Saturdays.

Yowza, again.

. As Zac states, "if we could have a freshman quarterback in here, the offense would REALLY take off." If there's one thing we have seen...BC has decided this will not happen.

What he said was wait until we have QB's who have come through the program from their freshman year, not to put in a freshman QB.

Which is everyone we have now (well, save Lee, but he has 4 years to play 3). Are you excited? I am.

Taylor's whole letter is pointless becaue his whole premise is that a qb needs to be in the system at least two years to "click." He then says we should give BC one more year. Guess what Zac, we will have another first year qb next year, so why should we expect an improvement next year?

Guess what, no we won't. Everyone will have been in the system. If it's Ganz, he's been here for just about forever. Lee and Witt will have redshirts.

Thanks ZT for your opinion, but no thanks

It's not just his opinion. It's his INSIGHT.

Have any of us actually been on the inside of the program and experience what ZT did in his two years + a few months here? I don't think so.

Of course, I don't expect it'll change the opinions of those who only want to hear negative opinions of this staff.

to me it's the entire PHILOSOPHY that Callahan uses.

it's all professional and stuffy

it's finesse and soft

it's closed off and unemotional

it's not Nebraska based and Husker do or die

and based on some interviews he's given--it's slightly delusional

he has rubbed us all pretty raw and I just think we can't say, "welllll, MAYBE next year will be better."