Pelini In?

Hey look through some of the other threads because this has been talked about to death. It's all just rumors and nothing will be confirmed about anything until after the season is over. It's against NCAA rules I believe for Pelini or T.O. to talk to one another and make anything public.

Actually, I believe that schools/coaches can talk as much as they want. Teams/coaches can't do that in the NFL. Again, that's what I THINK....I don't want to be starting any crazy rumors....

Again I'm not sure, but I think I heard somewhere that since LSU is in the National Title chase there is something that says they can't talk to one another or something to that effect.

I'm almost postive that this isn't accurate. The information I've received is something like:

1. Pelini can talk to whoever he pleases, whenever he pleases. In pro this is not the case, but college it's generlaly thought that all coaches are looking for a bump. There's nothing illegal or unethical about Tom talking to a potential candidate.

2. If LSU manages to win the SEC then it would be unlikely any decision would be announced until after their game. If they don't make a BCS game, we'll probably hear something right after the CU game.

Hope that was helpful,

X

Yesterday on 1620 the Zone, Steve Sipple was on and they asked him if Osborne had contacted Pelini or if Pelini had been to Lincoln, Sipp said, 'No, Bo has not been here. Why should he come here? He knows the lay of the land.' Had Osborne talked to Bo, 'Sipp said, 'As of Friday (last Friday) no one had talked to Pelini.

I think we're all going to be very surprised when and if Osborne picks a new coach. It might be difficult if Callahan & Co. win their next three games and a bowl game...could be interesting....

TLS2

Has anyone else heard that Osborn has been talking with Bo Pelini? I have heard he will accept the job. Also he wants to bring Mike Stoops as his defensive Cordinator? any truth to this? ANYONE!!! :woo

The National Pelini Service has issued a "Severe Bogasm" warning for the following areas: Husker Nation. As of 09:45am on 30 Oct 2007, Pelini Radar indicated a Bogasm had formed. Bogasm trackers confirmed there was in fact a Bogasm and warned all residents to take cover in the Pelini Shelters until further notice. Stayed tuned to the National Pelini Service for more updates.

Totally hilarious :rollin

Yesterday on 1620 the Zone, Steve Sipple was on and they asked him if Osborne had contacted Pelini or if Pelini had been to Lincoln, Sipp said, 'No, Bo has not been here. Why should he come here? He knows the lay of the land.' Had Osborne talked to Bo, 'Sipp said, 'As of Friday (last Friday) no one had talked to Pelini.

I think we're all going to be very surprised when and if Osborne picks a new coach. It might be difficult if Callahan & Co. win their next three games and a bowl game...could be interesting....

TLS2

Which they won't, so we don't have to worry about that.

X

TLS2

Yeah like COZ :rollin

Has anyone else heard that Osborn has been talking with Bo Pelini? I have heard he will accept the job. Also he wants to bring Mike Stoops as his defensive Cordinator? any truth to this? ANYONE!!! :woo

The National Pelini Service has issued a "Severe Bogasm" warning for the following areas: Husker Nation. As of 09:45am on 30 Oct 2007, Pelini Radar indicated a Bogasm had formed. Bogasm trackers confirmed there was in fact a Bogasm and warned all residents to take cover in the Pelini Shelters until further notice. Stayed tuned to the National Pelini Service for more updates.

Okay, that was the best Anti-Bogasm post I've seen; it's definitely much better than the hate-y, "shut up" ones.

Hey look through some of the other threads because this has been talked about to death. It's all just rumors and nothing will be confirmed about anything until after the season is over. It's against NCAA rules I believe for Pelini or T.O. to talk to one another and make anything public.

Actually, I believe that schools/coaches can talk as much as they want. Teams/coaches can't do that in the NFL. Again, that's what I THINK....I don't want to be starting any crazy rumors....

Again I'm not sure, but I think I heard somewhere that since LSU is in the National Title chase there is something that says they can't talk to one another or something to that effect.

I'm almost postive that this isn't accurate. The information I've received is something like:

1. Pelini can talk to whoever he pleases, whenever he pleases. In pro this is not the case, but college it's generlaly thought that all coaches are looking for a bump. There's nothing illegal or unethical about Tom talking to a potential candidate.

2. If LSU manages to win the SEC then it would be unlikely any decision would be announced until after their game. If they don't make a BCS game, we'll probably hear something right after the CU game.

Hope that was helpful,

X

Okay, well if it's okay to spill the beans then Bo just called me and asked me to be his defensive backs coach and says we are guaranteed to win the National Championship next season! Cool huh!? :lol:

I heard the entire staff from Solich's last year is coming back. Jammal Lord still has one year of eligibility as well, so he will be the new qb. Bill Byrn is tired of his post at A&M so he's returning as the AD. This is not a rumor. They have all been seen at the Lincoln airport driving away in black SUV's for their secret meetings. Also, Pearlman is stepping down as Chancelor to allow Tom Osborne to lead the entire university. No kidding!

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it, but not out of the realm of possibility if you believe some of the rumors floating around. We will not find out the truth about this staff or any possible future staff until we finish our schedule. That is what Osborne has said and that is all we can believe. So sit back and enjoy the rest of the season Husker fans.

1. Should we have fired Frank Solich? No

2. Can the option still work? Yes

3. How many NCs would we have won if TO stayed on board after the 97 season? At least 1 more

4. Should we hire Turner Gill? No

5. Can the WCO work in college? College yes, Nebraska No

6. Does IBR have any new information? My guess Won't hear anything until after the Colorado game and probably not untill the next Monday. What kind of Idiot would fire someone durring a Holiday weekend?

Hope that was helpful,

X

Okay, well if it's okay to spill the beans then Bo just called me and asked me to be his defensive backs coach and says we are guaranteed to win the National Championship next season! Cool huh!? :lol:

Would that be Bo and Luke Duke? :)

3. How many NCs would we have won if TO stayed on board after the 97 season? At least 1 more

6. Does IBR have any new information? My guess Won't hear anything until after the Colorado game and probably not untill the next Monday. What kind of Idiot would fire someone durring a Holiday weekend?

I hope you were joking because I was...

:thumbs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :sarcasm