This is mind boggling....

Unfortunately, I don't think we can count on another coach to mess up and just try to pass against our horrible rush defense. I couldn't believe it took Texas 3 quarters to figure that out.

If the Kansas coaching staff is that stupid they will deserve to lose to us.

I feel our only chance is for our offense to keep the KU offense off the field. Good luck if BC calls the plays.

Kansas is still Kansas. They have a good squad this year but they haven't really had a very tough schedule up to this point. They will lose to Oklahoma State & Missouri, & Nebraska will give them a game.

Even though I hate KU, I have to give them some credit. Yes - their pre-conference schedule was creampuff. But 3 of their last 4 wins are conference road wins. That is never easy.

This Sat. you will see the 14th ranked rushing offense against the 119th ranked rushing defense. I'm pulling for Nebraska, but my money stays in my pocket.

Just think, if Nebraska can pull off a victory in Lawrence this weekend, that would mean a win on the road against a top 10 opponent. The fact that it's KU makes it mind boggling. The question to you is, in your opinion, if NU wins, would this be Billy C's biggest win?? Bigger than 2005 @ Boulder, or Michigan??

From a rankings standpoint it would be his biggest. But the Alamo bowl vitory IMO was his biggest victory to date. :)

Kansas is still Kansas. They have a good squad this year but they haven't really had a very tough schedule up to this point. They will lose to Oklahoma State & Missouri, & Nebraska will give them a game.

Even though I hate KU, I have to give them some credit. Yes - their pre-conference schedule was creampuff. But 3 of their last 4 wins are conference road wins. That is never easy.

This Sat. you will see the 14th ranked rushing offense against the 119th ranked rushing defense. I'm pulling for Nebraska, but my money stays in my pocket.

You just said a mouthful. I still can't believe with some of the players we have that our run D is the WORST in D1. I don't think the game will be high scoring at all. I think KU will simply run, run, and run some more. The saddest part is that we're getting beat using our own old scheme. We used to run opponents to death. Now, our opponents are running us to death.

KU would be a great victory, but I like to use end of season rankings to determine whether or not it was a big win. If we beat KU and they lose to Mizzou and maybe another game, they're not ranked at the end of the season. If they finish the season unranked, how big of a win will this really be if we pull it off? The drumming we took to USC earlier this season is beginning to look bigger and bigger now that they've lost to Stanford and Oregon.

Now that Keller's done for the season, it will be interesting to see what we do on offense. If we pound the rock and somehow win the game, IMO it will make Clownahan look even more foolish. The Sports Nightly crew have said it for the last 3 weeks that we should be running the ball a lot more and controlling the clock. I guess I'll reserve judgement on whether this is a signature win (assuming we win) until the end of the season seeing where KU stands.

Barely won the game in '06....but still won

I think saturdays game will be close just like it was last year....

for the first half

I truly believe Mangino is a much better and much heavier coach than Cally

he will make half time adjustments

Plus the stats dont lie

Just think, if Nebraska can pull off a victory in Lawrence this weekend, that would mean a win on the road against a top 10 opponent. The fact that it's KU makes it mind boggling. The question to you is, in your opinion, if NU wins, would this be Billy C's biggest win?? Bigger than 2005 @ Boulder, or Michigan??

No way. For me, Michigan was his biggest win because at that point I was thinking that the program was on the cusp of returning to glory. But a win against Kansas, albeit against a top 10 team, is still just one of the last three games he'll coach at NU. I would love it for bragging rights, but it wouldn't make much of a difference.