Keller not forgotten

Well then he needs to learn to scramble cause i guarantee that those d-linemen will be a helluva lot quicker than in college. Every pro qb who starts has some capacity to scramble, keller can't. plus he needs to work on not staring down receivers also. The days of having a pure pocketpasser in the nfl is over. .

Vinny Testaverde

he can still scramble. while he might not do it as often as he needs to he does run with the ball. Look at his game stats for yourself.

VT cant scramble. He can barely drop back to pass! BTW, I love Vinnie Testaverde.

Keller's the man.

I hope he gets drafted.

Keller will be a bust in the nfl. period.

NO! he Won't.

Not if he gets with the right team.

Well then he needs to learn to scramble cause i guarantee that those d-linemen will be a helluva lot quicker than in college. Every pro qb who starts has some capacity to scramble, keller can't. plus he needs to work on not staring down receivers also. The days of having a pure pocketpasser in the nfl is over. I mean he seems to be able to run the scout team pretty good ;) lol.

Ben Roethlesberger (sp) is not a scrambler. Dan Marino was not a scrambler. Carson Palmer is not a scrambler. Peyton Manning isn't exactly what I'd call a scrambler, and neither is his younger brother. Leftwich, not a scrambler. There are a lot of QB's in the NFL that I wouldn't exactly call scramblers that are pretty successful. Tom Brady doesn't scare any team with his rushing ability either.

Keller's the man.

I hope he gets drafted.

Keller will be a bust in the nfl. period.

NO! he Won't.

Not if he gets with the right team.

Well then he needs to learn to scramble cause i guarantee that those d-linemen will be a helluva lot quicker than in college. Every pro qb who starts has some capacity to scramble, keller can't. plus he needs to work on not staring down receivers also. The days of having a pure pocketpasser in the nfl is over. I mean he seems to be able to run the scout team pretty good ;) lol.

Ben Roethlesberger (sp) is not a scrambler. Dan Marino was not a scrambler. Carson Palmer is not a scrambler. Peyton Manning isn't exactly what I'd call a scrambler, and neither is his younger brother. Leftwich, not a scrambler. There are a lot of QB's in the NFL that I wouldn't exactly call scramblers that are pretty successful. Tom Brady doesn't scare any team with his rushing ability either.

But all those qb's you mentioned can pick up yards with their feet which i have yet to see from keller. They can move around in the pocket. I have seen all those qb's tuck the ball and run for a first down when no receivers were open. Keller doesn't do that. that is what i mean by scrambling. I wasn't talking about a running qb like Young or Vick.

No, he doesn't do that. However, I'd be willing to bet my left one that Keller can outrun Big Ben any day of the week. Keller simply dumps the ball off to Lucky when he gets into trouble. Maybe he's been told to throw it away or dump it off instead of running. There's some things Keller simply doesn't do here under this system that he used to. He came in being known as a slinger. Yet, we rarely ever see him throw down the field. I still believe there's a lot more to his game than what Clownahan has allowed him to show.

No, he doesn't do that. However, I'd be willing to bet my left one that Keller can outrun Big Ben any day of the week. Keller simply dumps the ball off to Lucky when he gets into trouble. Maybe he's been told to throw it away or dump it off instead of running. There's some things Keller simply doesn't do here under this system that he used to. He came in being known as a slinger. Yet, we rarely ever see him throw down the field. I still believe there's a lot more to his game than what Clownahan has allowed him to show.

I find that hard to accept he wouldn't run for a first down if nobody was open even if he was taught not to run. Still his TD to INT ratio is not good when you run a system of high percentage short passes.

I understand the article clearly and the words are exactly how quarterbacks are delt with in this game. But the fact is, in BC's 4th season we laid our hopes on a one year wonder to take us to the promise land and that doesn't work in this game of College Football.

I mean how many programs can people name off the top of their head where the successful qb was there one year and did something great with no game experience with that team or that offense. IMO, you needed to have a guy that is going to be your mainstay for a good two years or three better to get the results you hope come with experience, leadership, and the mental toughness to go through the rigors of a season of College Football.

Of course, it is not Keller's fault and I wish that he had been here in the beginning for two or three years, but he wasn't and the results speak for themselves and that is the load you take on as a qb. He was stuck between a rock and hardplace. His talent will speak for itself should the NFL wish to give him a shot, but personally I dont think he has that kind of talent, but then again the NFL doesn't have an abundance of quality starters or back-ups as they did in the 80's and 90's.

Pro QBs can NOT scramble! That is pure nonsense! Aside from rarities like Mike Vick, Randall Cunningham, Steve Young, Doug Flutie and maybe a couple of others, most every single QB in the NFL is taught to stay in that pocket, period.

Seriously dude, that's just plain wrong.

LOL. That is funny. i dont know whether you even know what you are talking about.

You are a bada$$ and I can't wait to see you play on Sundays.

:rollin Sam Keller playing on Sundays???...what, you going to go to his house and watch him play Madden 2008 on his big screen??? :rollin

Seriously, you must be freaking kidding me...no NFL team is going to waste a draft pick on a guy like Keller who is average at best...he is an inconsistent thrower, has blinders and can't see a rush, and wouldn't scramble is his mom's life depended on it...and now he has a couple injuries that could haunt him in the future. Sorry but there are 100 better quarterbacks in college football that the NFL will look at before Keller even gets a blink

I hate to see any player get hurt and hope he has banked his education for a sucessful career...it just won't be in the NFL